[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

"
BlRTH wrote:
Considering version of 2 this build, but not a fan of SA. Would I be able to incorporate tornado shot into this build and not lose out on too much?

You can put in almost any bow skill and succeed. Just know that it'll be less damage
El Psy Congroo.
first thanks for sharing the build OP.
ive got some report here based on my experience playing this build
just created a scion and decided to play this yesterday.
1. leveling part as a bow scion is a big yikes ( but again its scion ) ( and this is my first ever scion so i didnt blame OP for that )
2. started mapping and stuff, the build feels so clunky and doesnt deal damage at all up to the point i consider rerolling into another build
BUT, after i decided to fuck it ill just give it another try, trying to find out what i did wrong and trying to adapt to the playstyle of the skill and the build it start working out well.

overall, if u decided to follow this build guide, u really need to find out does the playstyle fits ur taste or can u adapt to the playstyle fast enough before u burnt out for not dealing enough damage.
since english isnt my first language sorry if i spelt anything wrong.

im at lv80 now up to t10 map. only need 1 full charge to make t10 belfry kitava change phases.

pls dont mind my ign
Spoiler
Interesting build. I made a version of a cold scourge arrow that uses the %20 chance to deal double damage rare, % to phys. I loved it so much dps with minimal investment. I used the hopeshredder for a dex stack ROA jugg build. tanky but didn't like the dps.
BLoOd__BaTh_II
Last edited by Ebplague on Jan 3, 2019, 1:01:48 AM
How essential is the triple-meek setup to the build? What benefits does it give? Wanted to know before I drop a few ex on them.
"
itsmetian wrote:
first thanks for sharing the build OP.
ive got some report here based on my experience playing this build
just created a scion and decided to play this yesterday.
1. leveling part as a bow scion is a big yikes ( but again its scion ) ( and this is my first ever scion so i didnt blame OP for that )
2. started mapping and stuff, the build feels so clunky and doesnt deal damage at all up to the point i consider rerolling into another build
BUT, after i decided to fuck it ill just give it another try, trying to find out what i did wrong and trying to adapt to the playstyle of the skill and the build it start working out well.

overall, if u decided to follow this build guide, u really need to find out does the playstyle fits ur taste or can u adapt to the playstyle fast enough before u burnt out for not dealing enough damage.
since english isnt my first language sorry if i spelt anything wrong.

im at lv80 now up to t10 map. only need 1 full charge to make t10 belfry kitava change phases.

pls dont mind my ign
Spoiler

This build is not lacking in DPS, not sure what you were doing wrong but your gear seems fine. Should be able to clear up to T15-16 np with your gear.
LoL... bought a 6L hopeshredder with the right colors for 3.5 ex and tried some fuses on my 6s hopeshredder. made 6L in 17 fuses so can get my currency back again :)

When putting on skill gems I noticed that with added cold gem I got 54K tooltip DPS and with hypthermia I got only 44k. Are the hypthermia mechanics really worth the difference in sheer damage?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
BlRTH wrote:
Considering version of 2 this build, but not a fan of SA. Would I be able to incorporate tornado shot into this build and not lose out on too much?

You need to change your build a bit to properly scale Tornado, which needs flat/%damage but also additional projectiles/extra arrow for endgame scaling.

"
kDnX wrote:
How essential is the triple-meek setup to the build? What benefits does it give? Wanted to know before I drop a few ex on them.

A bunch of health, a LOT of resistances that you don't need from other slots, as well as a ton of damage and movement.

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
LoL... bought a 6L hopeshredder with the right colors for 3.5 ex and tried some fuses on my 6s hopeshredder. made 6L in 17 fuses so can get my currency back again :)

When putting on skill gems I noticed that with added cold gem I got 54K tooltip DPS and with hypthermia I got only 44k. Are the hypthermia mechanics really worth the difference in sheer damage?

Do not rely on tooltip for anything, check your setup in PoB while making sure all relevant options are ticked (such as chilled, at full life, etc).
Last edited by Miffy23 on Jan 3, 2019, 5:02:20 AM
Is the rain of arrows vital to the build? I'm assuming it's to help stop the degen from kicking in since you have the Slayer Ascendancy but I was thinking of using Barrage for a more single target DPS. Wasn't sure if it would affect the build since I haven't played it yet just trying to get the gear for it atm. What's your opinion on using barrage over RoA?
Last edited by Bexcuno on Jan 3, 2019, 6:48:15 AM
"
Bexcuno wrote:
Is the rain of arrows vital to the build? I'm assuming it's to help stop the degen from kicking in since you have the Slayer Ascendancy but I was thinking of using Barrage for a more single target DPS. Wasn't sure if it would affect the build since I haven't played it yet just trying to get the gear for it atm. What's your opinion on using barrage over RoA?

Barrage is a single target skill.
Rain of Arrows is recommended as a clear skill because while Scourge works very well in open terrain, it bugs out/creates only one or no pods at all when used while stand in or just outside of doorways, against walls, etc.
So while it works very well in Delves, for example, it is horrible in most Incursion rooms.

You will not get more single target with Barrage, Scourge is far superior in this setup. Barrage requires extra proj/arrow modifiers to be competitive/better than SA in a comparable setup, similar to Tornado over RoA.
del
Last edited by Agod_Adog on Jan 3, 2019, 10:00:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info