[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

Why does this bow deal that much more damage?

Hopeshredder base damage is 107pDPS + 350 coldDPS (without frenzy charge)
Your bow base damage is really lower (85pdps + 81cold dps).

The cold pen and the 20 more + (20+12) double are that big?
Hey all,

Got an imperial bow (shaper based) with the following prefixes:
- flat cold damage (tier 1)
- increased elemental damage (80-120)
- damage penetrates cold resistance

Would this bow be worth to craft further? Got about 30ex.

Thx in advance!
Someone plz check my character(EbaFlex) and tell what I need to do at first. Exept 2 socket gloves and boots.
"
Thuuu wrote:
thank you for the reply!

last question: when moving from version 1 to version 2, what order to i prioritize the gear upgrades?

looking to make this my boss farmer in standard.

Farruls Fur and abyss Jewels should be swapped first and at the same time so you don't go down to like 4k life.

After that just start slotting things in as you can afford them.

"
Mwoua wrote:
Why does this bow deal that much more damage?

Hopeshredder base damage is 107pDPS + 350 coldDPS (without frenzy charge)
Your bow base damage is really lower (85pdps + 81cold dps).

The cold pen and the 20 more + (20+12) double are that big?

You get a boat load of Cold damage from the abyssal jewels so basically the bow is multiplying that damage by a shit ton, not adding all that much flat damage on it's own.

When you look at PoB under the Calculations Tab, you can hover over the cold damage and it'll show the calculations.

With Hopeshredder it's 376-642 Flat cold damage x6.76 Increases from gear and skill tree x26.56 More damage from Gems/Gear/Tree giving a flat range of 67582 - 115324.
Then you multiply that by your effective DPS modifiers 1.548 (cold/ele pen mostly) to give your total cold flat of 104617-178522.

With my Vortex reach bow that has way less flat, I still have a ton on my jewels, but they get multiplied more.

For that bow it's: 294-528 Flat x 7.52 Increases(this is a big part of it) x 26.56 More Damage x 1.728 (more ele pen on this bow) Effective DPS Mods THEN you multiply the Double Damage mods for ANOTHER 1.32x damage for a total flat cold of 133940 - 240545.

You then take each bow and multiply it by your crit and attack speed modifiers.

My bow has like 32% more damage (not dps, my bow has low atk speed) than hopeshredder with all buffs up. and the difference is bigger when you don't have flasks up.

Lot of math sorry.

TL/DR: GG bows multiply your abyss jewel flat damage enough to overshadow the flat cold from hopeshredder.

He's a pastebin if you wanna play around with my bow/Hopeshredder/Mirror Tier bow.

https://pastebin.com/K11se3gY

"
Jonikonas wrote:
Hey all,

Got an imperial bow (shaper based) with the following prefixes:
- flat cold damage (tier 1)
- increased elemental damage (80-120)
- damage penetrates cold resistance

Would this bow be worth to craft further? Got about 30ex.

Thx in advance!

You could try, but I don't think you'll beat hopeshredder without double damage mods. If you do, it won't be by much.

"
andreq051 wrote:
Someone plz check my character(EbaFlex) and tell what I need to do at first. Exept 2 socket gloves and boots.

Your build looks good. Just go run some pure breachstone rotations and level up so you can get those 3 extra jewel sockets on your tree.

Unless you mean to switch to version 2, in which case read the beginning of this post.
"
He's a pastebin if you wanna play around with my bow/Hopeshredder/Mirror Tier bow.

Hi, I noticed pob doesn't recognize the 120% Elemental Damage from the mirror bow. How much of an impact does that stat have vs say 20% Double Damage?
Hey guys, can you kindly give advise on what to upgrade next ? I don't have a watcher's eye yet, I should probably get one with wrath crit. Any other suggestions ? I've been running t14, maybe t15's without deaths. But I'm looking forward on getting my first Red and hopefully Uber elder. Thank you all!

Oh and I currently have about 3 ex of budget.

"
Junie wrote:
"

Hi, I noticed pob doesn't recognize the 120% Elemental Damage from the mirror bow. How much of an impact does that stat have vs say 20% Double Damage?

You can think of double damage as a MORE multiplier. If you have 300% increased damage already, 120% is gonna be pretty close. but if you have 500% increased damage already it's gonna be way better to have double damage. Ideally you just want both.

"
dom1nat3 wrote:
Hey guys, can you kindly give advise on what to upgrade next ? I don't have a watcher's eye yet, I should probably get one with wrath crit. Any other suggestions ? I've been running t14, maybe t15's without deaths. But I'm looking forward on getting my first Red and hopefully Uber elder. Thank you all!

Oh and I currently have about 3 ex of budget.

Before you spend a single chaos on anything else. Get abyssal jewels with cold damage on them. You need like 6 Abyssal Jewels. You have an empty socket on the tree and you haven't taken 2 easy 2point sockets.

You have Kaoms so you don't need life on them so they're super cheap.

http://poe.trade/search/onzuramoyaniik

Click that link and buy 6 abyssal jewels and slot them in. You'll double your damage or more.

After that get a watcher's eye with crit and then 2socket bubonic trail.
Last edited by zenkatsu on Jan 31, 2019, 9:07:18 PM
thanks so much for the explanation

Last edited by Junie on Feb 1, 2019, 12:40:32 AM
Thanks for the detailled reply !

I noticed in your PoB that you dont have any fire damage, dont you lose damage because you cant ignite ennemies (with yoke)?
I crafted a few bows today but I'm not sure on the multimod options.

Which bow would be better for me currently? I was very hesitant to roll 10% double damage because crit seems essential.

My current gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Junie on Feb 1, 2019, 3:05:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info