[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

"
Can someone help in deciding which tombfist(1 socket) is better for this build?
I have two of them
1) +1 to max frenzy charge
2) Curse enemies with level 12 elemental weakness on hit

+1 to max frenzy charges, absolutely

I've been theorycrafting and minmaxing this build the past few days and I've been able to reach up to 25m+ dps from spore pods.

Something I noticed is, yes, ticking the attack speed nodes in your tree will heavily increase your dps, but in actuality it does nothing for realtime dps. At my gear level one hit with level 5 scourge arrow will kill anything. One hit with level 1 scourge arrow will usually kill any white/blue/yellow pack. So really the only goal of stacking attack speed is reducing the time it takes to charge up to lv 5.
Imo you're better off heading up to the lightning damage nodes if you're wrath based or take the cold wheel if you're hatred based.

Something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.0/AAAABAABAGOnW6_dRhR1jbmcxL3mtfKgn185bIzD5lWFOuEmlYLkjAubtYTFQxOK8L68WhpVS4w2vqewq15F6NabJsSCnarl5hhWqXkuU2De5Gqouyo4pctwUmHi6mKKr7ciG8gIZ6ZX74_IzPJFZU1W-obOwBqiPha_pMI31P1uNZL-j99vbqpYF9ZYbWx_-0MxpAy3PkrIvTYajbF8idOBrE2S7g7YvVFHPC25fMHV02851DH68YrDOv4K2sEwfI1-7T-31iLq_96QEQ-rdcuDXyF2TeO3tjY9vSebLVsmkzp29_d9jb9vOzxLRCVM_38reA0zkgJf53R31wW1e8PbWcMzg8yrus_dwTO-gE4q7LARgS2o

As you can see I've needed a bit more accuracy since I switched to inquisitor, but the dps boost is huge. Although elementalist might be a good choice too. :)
Last edited by Junie on Feb 5, 2019, 5:02:31 AM
Okay, thanks!
With this level of damage, I would not advice any other ascendancy other than Pathfinder. While peak damage (in PoB) will be lower with PF, but considering all the "hard" fights are gated behind phases - flask sustainability is a number one priority.

In terms of long fight, PF (due to flask charges) will outperform any ascendancy in pure damage output. Moreover, in some fights (take Aul in deep delve) having high flask uptime is not only about damage, but also about survivability.

Also, considering unrealistic relation between attack speed and scourge arrow, final PoB dps could be easily inflated. Many bows with Imperial Bow base show quite inflated number in the end, solely coming from Attack Speed dependency.
If you want to easily check this - apply Barrage as your main skill and check bows. Barrage uses pretty simplistic mechanic to deal damage. You must take in mind that PoB simulation is infinite time, 100% flask uptime, dummy target and perfect timing. If you take even 0.1s more time to release Scourge at 5 stacks - you lose more value from attack speed in comparison to any other stat.

Another thing is additional arrow - it IS required if you want to maximize your final dps. If you check yourself, 5th pod will never hit a target in front of you if you are in close range to the target.

Also, Ice Golem is generally useless thing for anything apart from PoB. In deep delves it dies instantly, on Uber Elder it dies way too often and you better shoot another scourge arrow, rather than re-summon it. So if you are short on sockets - this is a first thing to give up.

Another thing I see many people are doing: forgetting about Phase Acrobatics and taking more damage/life. 30% of Phase Acro is commonly a bigger increase than general %increased life after 7k mark. Same goes for people who regret taking Acrobatics at all - any kind of %life you can get from tree is lower amount of mitigation than Acro provide.
At some point, you can almost totally disregard taking any additional damage and focus completely at boosting your defences.

I upgraded my helmet today =) almost 7k hp now
If I were to go for a Multicrafted Rare Bow, what would be the best base to go with? Quick look says probably harbinger or imperial, but does anyone have any advice here?

Also that's quite the GG helmet. How did you go about getting that? Did you craft it yourself on base with enchant? If so what fossils?

Answers much appreciated. :)
Last edited by Lirhtim on Feb 6, 2019, 4:56:28 PM
"
If I were to go for a Multicrafted Rare Bow, what would be the best base to go with? Quick look says probably harbinger or imperial, but does anyone have any advice here?

They're both great choices but harbinger is much slower. I prefer imperial personally, especially after the SA nerf.

"
Also that's quite the GG helmet. How did you go about getting that? Did you craft it yourself on base with enchant? If so what fossils?

It is a fossil craft but I purchased it already rolled. Crafting these helmets with hollow fossils can be very expensive, with every attempt costing 300c+.
Last edited by Junie on Feb 7, 2019, 12:10:10 AM
Is this bow worth multi-crafting?

Thank you.
"

Answers much appreciated. :)

As for bow - I would personally go for Spine.
Other options - Imperial and Maraketh. As I've mentioned before, SA in PoB is way too reliant on Attack Speed. Spine provides decent attack speed and very nice base crit - which makes build feel more smooth.

With decent level of investment, crit will be your most valuable stat, since you will start counting "shapers in second". As you will kill everything (or close to everything) in one or two hits with your SA, it is very important that this particular hit will crit.

Harbinger is a little bit of overkill in terms of crit. You would have to sacrifice way too much of attack speed.
I see, thank you for advice, both of you.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Feb 7, 2019, 11:25:31 AM
Besides the jewels I think I'm done minmaxing for betrayal league.

Anything else will probably bankrupt me ):

This build has been extremely fun and very powerful. I've found that most builds are either weak at single target or clear, but I believe SA is top tier at both.

Thanks for the guide <3

Last edited by Junie on Feb 9, 2019, 7:01:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info