Delve Costing Changes

Hey GGG/Chris,

You stated in the past that you wanted players not to quit playing the league halfway through it. Well, congratulations: we're 3 weeks in, and I'm pretty much done (and it sounds like a lot of other people are too). The only league I left faster was Bestiary. In the space of 15 hours and 2 shitty patches, you've killed Delve. What was fun and challenging is now a crashing bore, gated behind the same Goddamn maps we're all sick to death of running.

Here's a big hint for you: GGG's pathological insistence on making the map grind mandatory to access the fun league mechanic is killing it. Cut the rewards in the newer content to make it comparable to maps but let us actually grind it and play it. We play the leagues only so long as the map grind is less onerous than the league mechanic is fun. And the fun just ran out faster than usual this time.

I'll give you a chance again in 4.0.0 and I may poke around in Standard every now and then, but /shrug to Delve. It was awesome while it lasted. All 3 weeks of it.

Cheers!

P.S. Is the Flashback/Delve event starting next week? :P
"
Chris wrote:
Our model (based on live gameplay data)
We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

You had the live data. You could find out what EXACTLY the players were doing, what maps they were running while playing at what delve depths.

Instead, you ASSUMED things.

/facepalm
If you wanted to ensure that the regular PoE content was engaged you probably should have moved the Azurite collection to the story/maps so that players had to play the game in order to upgrade their cart, resistance, etc. Those encounters would still work out in the open. If you had to work in some sort of "cart maintenance" costs or something then so be it.

But straight up gating the league mechanic behind sulphite costs was a mistake. Now you're trying to find the costing sweet spot, but that's treating the symptom, not the cause.
I'm at lvl 90 depth 180 in delve, haven't bought any maps at the moment, got all tier 7, some 8, few 9, and only 2 tier 10, I completed the atlas in the other leagues I played I just want to go depth into the mines, the problem for me here is that you keep forcing players to the old boring content to do a little of the new and it's not fun
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Our model (based on live gameplay data)
We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

You had the live data. You could find out what EXACTLY the players were doing, what maps they were running while playing at what delve depths.

Instead, you ASSUMED things.

/facepalm

This, haha..

I can't even take you as a gaming company serious anymore. You destroyed the league single handedly because you were assuming. You assume alot lately aren't you. I assume i'M, done suppporting you.
"
golan4840 wrote:
Thank you for listening to feedback! hoping for a boss fix soon

Oh look! This is last week all over again!

Jesus christ do some people never learn? This won't solve anything.
I finally grinded out the 18k sulphite to see how long it'll last me at 160ish depth.

League's dead.
Last edited by TheDudeOfGaming on Sep 21, 2018, 10:21:36 AM
"
I finally grinded out the 18k sulphite to see how long it'll last me at 160ish depth.

League's dead.
"i'm done with this league. dead league. no one wants to play it anymore"
"
Celandine wrote:
Hey GGG/Chris,

You stated in the past that you wanted players not to quit playing the league halfway through it. Well, congratulations: we're 3 weeks in, and I'm pretty much done ...
I'll give you a chance again in 4.0.0 and I may poke around in Standard every now and then, but /shrug to Delve. It was awesome while it lasted. All 3 weeks of it.

Cheers!

P.S. Is the Flashback/Delve event starting next week? :P

QFT

I don't plan to buy a MTX ever again thanks to the what I experienced in the last six months.
Seriously, how did you fuck up the re-balance of your initial fucked-up rebalance this badly.

3.4.3 made delve unplayable from mid-tier maps. You fixed that by making it *also* unplayable from t16 maps????
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 21, 2018, 10:32:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info