[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Cool !
This was so fun last time that I will use this build as a league starter !

Thanks a lot for this build !
"
"
tainium wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:
...I hope it will still be viable in betrayal!
It should still be viable as a starter but many people speculate that Agony will get nerfed a bit.

I'll be updating the guide with 3 recommended league start methodologies as well as anything relevant from the patch notes. It wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed HoAG, but also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't! Assuming even slight to medium nerfs I think you can still start the build and do up to Shaper on little investment.

Hey! Thx for this build,i'll try this as a league starter,any update coming for the lvling strat?
"
RawDamage wrote:
1. Why we use cyclone instead of molten strike.
2. There are many pobs in this threat, which one is actual for endgame?

1. Not needing Wildfire saved two jewel slots... however, now, you can only have one Wildfire and - if by some miracle you get it - the Lab helmet enchantment is one less, as well. So, that's up to three less balls now, which nerfs the life gain and virulence stacking.

2. Personally, I'm aiming for the https://pastebin.com/5d04tZE0 which is mostly based on the one that has a Watcher's Eye with Discipline. It's got some variations shown in the skills and the equipment from the original build. If you get a really good poison chance on the claw, it frees up to four jewel slots for Dexterity and resists.

EDIT: Friends don't let friends theorycraft, while tired. I forgot to account for the +20% chance to Poison for Herald of Agony. It's fixed now to show off the dozen other mistakes that I probably made. That frees up all of the gems and a worse roll on the claw. The original build there rolled a Bleeding suffix and ran with it.
Last edited by futonrevolution on Dec 5, 2018, 6:16:11 PM
Is there any way to incorporate a banner into this build, giving the minions some impale mechanics? Room for it?
And is there any use for The Scourge here as opposed to the Gemini claws?
"
Raestlyn wrote:
Is there any way to incorporate a banner into this build, giving the minions some impale mechanics? Room for it?

I don't think a banner would work as it requires mana reservation - which we're already reserving 90% from heralds and have increased reservation costs from Essence Worm (and Haste/Hatred in there is more powerful than a banner).

"
Raestlyn wrote:
And is there any use for The Scourge here as opposed to the Gemini claws?

Need Gemini Claw for the mana on hit, also an elder rare gives you so much survivability with the life gained on hit vs blind. If you want some minion damage on your weapon you can fossil craft with bound for the minion damage and pristine to encourage the life gained on hit vs blind.
Hey cheers! Thanks for getting back to me buddy.
Thinking about starting with this also. Just leveled to act6 ssf with it, using SRS to 31 and then switching to 4link cyclone/4link HoA and a 1link purity.

Even without a double claw for mana, I was still able to handle mana with pots. Seemed really nice for leveling, absolutely cake to do it. Didn't feel gimped at all leveling the entire time.

However, how good is the Guardian? It seems like it really focuses more on HoP. How would necromancer be? Would get tons more just raw minion damage, as well as skill effect duration.
Guide is now fully updated for 3.5! Best of luck with league start everyone :)

It's 2am here so I'm going to bed, but feel free to post any questions and I'll try to answer them tomorrow.
i try it, thx
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigssdl/screenshots/?appid=238960&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info