[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
obliviousBC wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
I do think dropping blind as a link in favour of culling strike (ideally 20q) is worth it. Ideally by getting a blind roll on the claw or otherwise on abyss gems.
Getting more uptime on herald of purity for mapping is great, plus the cull without having to switch to another skill or waste a minion link is good for endgame bosses.

Ideally something like this, with t1 minion damage and attack speed, but good luck rolling that!

May I ask which fossils you used to craft that and how long it approximately took? I've been trying to hit something similar (or at least the two Elder mods + attack speed) for quite some time now - first with a few thousand alts, currently with Bound + Pristine + Serrated - but no luck so far. :/

Pristine and bound. Serrated helps the odds but also ups the cost.
Maybe I got a bit lucky, didn't take me that many, and I am sure I hit at least one 'maybe' roll as well.
Pristine seems to throw in the life mod quite a lot - I tried alteration and chaos before and it's hard to hit otherwise.
"
Carlovski wrote:
Pristine and bound. Serrated helps the odds but also ups the cost.
Maybe I got a bit lucky, didn't take me that many, and I am sure I hit at least one 'maybe' roll as well.
Pristine seems to throw in the life mod quite a lot - I tried alteration and chaos before and it's hard to hit otherwise.

Yeah, the LgoH roll seems to be the crux of the whole thing. I hit sooo many Minion Damage + Blind Chance combinations (some even with a decent Attack Speed roll), they're just worthless without the LgoH mod. Didn't really have the impression that it's more common with fossils, but maybe I just got really unlucky.

You're probably right about dropping the Serrated fossil and just spamming thrice as many Pristine + Bound instead, I'll give that a try next. Thanks! :)
"
sViin wrote:

-Make sure white double claws are highlighted in your filter.

Can someone kind explain me how I can do this? I'm level 35 and although Smite feels extremely good to play right now, I want to transition to cyclone. Thanks!
"
Ozzie1111 wrote:
"
sViin wrote:

-Make sure white double claws are highlighted in your filter.

Can someone kind explain me how I can do this? I'm level 35 and although Smite feels extremely good to play right now, I want to transition to cyclone. Thanks!

Hey, the idea here is you want to be able to pick up double claws, if you're using a standard lootfilter they're probably hidden. Assuming you're using neversink, go to filterblade.xyz and create a custom lootfilter which shows double claws - you can use this until you've got one then change it back to your standard filter. Alternatively you can hold alt (default) after you've killed every pack until you find one, but this is a bit tedious.
Awesome build! Actually wanted to try this as a starter in betrayal league but could wait for it to test it since I'm not happy with my first char (an Ice Breaker Jugg).

It was my 2nd playthrough and I reached maps within 12 hours playtime, including reading skill descriptions and doing unnecessary stuff. Bought nothing for leveling just stuff I picked up and some currencies.

Spend around 40 Chaos then to get some gear and it is really rocking! Already doing t12+ (alched) maps without dying and the lab was easy as hell. I'm no level 79 with approximately 18h played.

I made a spreadsheet for gems and at which time during leveling they could be acquired, as well as a prioritie list for the talents (similar to the one already posted in the thread). Having everything in one file made leveling very easy even though it is my secend char. Could share it if anyone is interested.

Since I'm a Diablo exile it feels a lot like a WW Barb with the difference that I don't do damage but my minions. But this difference is minor :D

But there is one thing I try to understand:
How does the damage of the minions scale beside linked gems and attackspeed? Do I have to use a high dps weapon or does the weapon not contribute to the damage?

Further notes:
Right now I can sustain Cycle without Mana gain on hit on my weapon even though my cyclone gem is 6 linked due to gloves. But obviously having problems on maps with reduced mana recovery. Also still missing good gems with % poison but during leveling got a unique claw with 20% poison chance which works also.
Next I will try to get some good stygian belt and an abyss with the recommended stats.

Thanks for this powerful build! I hope it will still be viable in betrayal!

"
Gnomiro wrote:
...But there is one thing I try to understand:
How does the damage of the minions scale beside linked gems and attackspeed? Do I have to use a high dps weapon or does the weapon not contribute to the damage?
Your weapon has very little to do with damage in this build. Attack Speed (and %poison) is important to get Agony stacks up. That's about it for the weapon unless you're super lucky and get an "increased %minion damage" roll on your claw as you can see in this thread a page or two back. Don't count on getting that roll along with the other more important rolls.

Most of your minion damage scaling comes from tree, Calamity (gem levels and links) and jewels (especially Abyss jewels). There are a few places you can get damage elsewhere on your gear but they're only really worth it if you're topped out and min-maxing.

"
Gnomiro wrote:
...Further notes:
Right now I can sustain Cycle without Mana gain on hit on my weapon even though my cyclone gem is 6 linked due to gloves.
Mana cost can vary with several factors. Reduced mana cost and mana gain on hit on tree and jewels are the main ones. Reduced mana reservation on tree and gear (mostly tree) is another. You might have some mana modifiers somewhere that you aren't taking into consideration. Strive for the Gemini Claw...it will make your build more reliable and easier to tweak later on.
"
Gnomiro wrote:
...I hope it will still be viable in betrayal!
It should still be viable as a starter but many people speculate that Agony will get nerfed a bit.
"
Gnomiro wrote:
I made a spreadsheet for gems and at which time during leveling they could be acquired, as well as a prioritie list for the talents (similar to the one already posted in the thread). Having everything in one file made leveling very easy even though it is my secend char. Could share it if anyone is interested.

I am :)
Wanted to prepare something similar for my next league starter if there aren't any mayor nerfs.
Thank you guys so much for your help! I really do appreciate it and all the info.
"
tainium wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:
...I hope it will still be viable in betrayal!
It should still be viable as a starter but many people speculate that Agony will get nerfed a bit.

I'll be updating the guide with 3 recommended league start methodologies as well as anything relevant from the patch notes. It wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed HoAG, but also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't! Assuming even slight to medium nerfs I think you can still start the build and do up to Shaper on little investment.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Nov 29, 2018, 5:30:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info