[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

Hmm...
I have 3 power charges and 3 frenzy charges at map, in boss fights nearly permanent uptime with my skill tree nodes&gear.
Didnt grab nodes with power charges.
With 15% chance generation power charges is ok.
Last edited by Silver_Dude on May 17, 2019, 3:12:15 PM
would a shaped pair of fingerless silk gloves with

implicit: 16% spell damage
prefix: lvl 18 slower projectiles // 20% increased projectile damage
suffix: lvl 20 trap support // 1 additional trap
all other mod slots currently open.

be of any use? deciding if it's usable or continue rolling for something better.
i love it but i just have 4,2k life and i already got every life node and life on every gear part, i feel very weak although the damage is already insane
"
remixzwE wrote:
i love it but i just have 4,2k life and i already got every life node and life on every gear part, i feel very weak although the damage is already insane

Hi!
You wasted too many points for travel nodes instead usefull nodes with hp\evasion\es. Your skill tee has 2 connections(3 points between doom cast & eldritch battery). You can grab resourcefulnes or 2 additional points in written in blood circle or 1 additional jewel socket
Most of your jewels has no life/es mods, only flat dmg/ %dmg / %crit. multiplier
If u took acrobatics+phase acrobatics
"
30% Chance to Dodge Attack Hits. 50% less Armour, 30% less Energy Shield, 30% less Chance to Block Spell and Attack Damage

- then the best solution to increase survival will be to focus on gear and nodes with evasion/es(hp+evasion+some es- best variant, cuz es penalty with acrobatics)
Try to get gear with T1 HP mods
Ahh... about your Shimmeron:
"
Shimmeron now deals 200 Lightning damage per second per Power charge (down from 400). Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item to new these values. Shimmeron will also deal that damage to you if your skills have dealt a critical strike recently, rather than just you. That means you will take the damage if any skill (including a trap, totem, or mine) deals a critical strike.

You use Shimeron, that does damage to you(lightning degen dmg)

Last edited by Silver_Dude on May 22, 2019, 4:08:58 PM
"
remixzwE wrote:

Skip the frenzy charges and the jewel node down towards the dex nodes, frenzy charges are sort of meh, I mean I did all content with my gear, including uber elder with a couple of deaths as I'm no mathil or demi or somethng, and it was barely a couple of ex investment, survivability will help you more than the charges,as lightning traps can do pretty serious damage without needing them, I rather get damage from gear, than the passive tree, the passive tree I mostly use to get more life, it's no use if you can oneshot everything, but can also get oneshotted yourself.

Do like I did, go left,pass mind over matter and go towards retribution, you will have life nodes there+devotion,another set of life nodes.

ALso respec your points from harrier up to the jewel socket, you don't need that much damage, unless you are going for uber elder, you can get the cast speed if you go left towards retribution, the advantage of that is that you get a lot of life and damage nodes in the area.

Skip the shimmy, that thing isn't as good as it used to be, and get something like you saw in the guide, pretty much anything that has spell damage,increased critical,elemental as chaos....etc.

I've got almost 6K life on pretty average gear, that can be the difference of being instagibbed or making out alive with a bit of HP remaining.
Last edited by Nosferat on May 24, 2019, 9:34:23 AM
thx a lot guys, i will adjust it a bit :) probably in the next league :D
Wanna say thank you agane Demi for build.
I think it'll OP next league, if GGG will'nt nerf traps and totally change shadow's sector skill tree, cuz lightning trap has great synergy with league mechanic. Do you have a plans for adaptation build with MoM/dual wield?
I think this configuration can grant us more eHP and defence.
How do you think?
MoM implies the need to use mana flask, but dual wield grant more dmg, and avoids part of ES|block penalty with acrobatics, how should it been with ES shield
Last edited by Silver_Dude on May 26, 2019, 2:06:47 PM
Anybody try this with Malachai's Awakening? Seems like the life regeneration would counter the blood magic pretty well. Plus with MoM and Wrath in an Essence Worm you can get a pretty big mana pool to help the EHP.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
Anybody try this with Malachai's Awakening? Seems like the life regeneration would counter the blood magic pretty well. Plus with MoM and Wrath in an Essence Worm you can get a pretty big mana pool to help the EHP.

Considering all the advantages and disadvantages of Malachai's Awakening, it is better to use a helmet with "-% lightning res. nearby enemies" and good HP/ES/evasion/res. mods +/or flat lightning dmg with enchantment(LT damage penetrates 10% ligtning res.)- grant us ~13-16% more dmg with penetration. It is much easier to craft helmet than to search for Malachai's Awakening with the right enchantment.

If you think that "the best defense is an attack", you can use Malachai's Awakening. But it will seriously reduce your EHP, cuz
"
BM removes all mana. Spend Life instead of Mana for Skills
If taken with Eldritch Battery, your energy shield will continue to protect mana but will not be spent.

So you CANT
"
rlauren2 wrote:
get a pretty big mana pool to help the EHP.
Last edited by Silver_Dude on May 25, 2019, 10:10:23 PM
"
BM removes all mana.

Doh. Completely forgot the keystone also does this. I've only ever used blood magic support gem. Yeah this would be rough then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info