[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

My current set up. I am easily clearing all content this league, i love the Malachai's Awakening helm, it gives an amazing amount of damage, Tinerskin sustain as well as Ascendancy, i never have issues with blood magic. I use the Quartz primarily for clearing Monoliths, the extra dodge is really nice. This build is amazing for delving as well.. we trigger our traps on monsters we cant kill in side areas and still gain the tinkerskin sustain as well as ascendancy. I can run for quite some time before needing to use a flare. My current AVG Dmg per trap sits at a little over 100k. Loving this build, and got really lucky with a Timeless jewel that offers amazing bonuses for me. All in all, first time playing trapper ever, and i was not disappointed one bit... this will be my next league starter for sure.
Hey guys so I am very squishy on physical damage and was wondering if using Chaos golem vs Lightning golem is ok? Cant really tell from pob if im losing damage?
"
Kaban101 wrote:
Hey guys so I am very squishy on physical damage and was wondering if using Chaos golem vs Lightning golem is ok? Cant really tell from pob if im losing damage?

Fortify.
how to copy setup to there from game?
Last edited by xRedax on Jul 12, 2019, 7:44:19 AM
"
ljoborges wrote:
"
Kaban101 wrote:

Fortify.

I got Fortify, but still get blownup by ranged mobs, especially fire 2 projectile maps as well as some legion melee mobs...pretty much 1 hit death...5.1k hp
Thank you demi for this build, i really enjoyed my time with it!

I've cleared pretty much all content with it without minmaxing the build a whole lot.
Uber Atziri, red and uber elder, shaper, uber lab and everything in between.
I also have played without fortify the entire time because i hate how shield charge feels.

Also my first 36/40, needless to say i'm pretty hyped.

Thanks again demi! Cheers!
I noticed my damage is kinda low, looking for some suggestions to fix up my build.

https://pastebin.com/9HgMPhR0

New to traps and stuff, managed to craft a few nice pieces but damage isn't quite there.
I dont see the herald of ice linked anywhere in pob? we dont use it?
And if we dont we need to change the rigns form cold ones, right?
"
zhPaul wrote:
I noticed my damage is kinda low, looking for some suggestions to fix up my build.

New to traps and stuff, managed to craft a few nice pieces but damage isn't quite there.

I'd say the weakest item you have is your weapon. But here's some suggestions:

- Grab a Weapon with the following stats: Gain 20% of ele dmg as extra chaos, increased spell dmg, add light dmg to spells, increased crit/crit multi, etc.

- A shield /w extra spell dmg.

- Opal rings are great for this build. Look for those, or rings with increased spell dmg/dmg to spells.

- Also, grab a stygian vise belt with increased ele/light dmg.

- I'd suggest investing in jewels, as well. Jewels with increased crit multi provide the biggest boost to our dmg.

"
Scoorczybyk wrote:

It seems most general set-ups now focus on using Wrath and Zealotry /w Enfeeble as CWDT.
"
SupermanDan90 wrote:
"
zhPaul wrote:

I'd say the weakest item you have is your weapon. But here's some suggestions:

- Grab a Weapon with the following stats: Gain 20% of ele dmg as extra chaos, increased spell dmg, add light dmg to spells, increased crit/crit multi, etc.

"
Scoorczybyk wrote:

It seems most general set-ups now focus on using Wrath and Zealotry /w Enfeeble as CWDT.

Weapons like that end up quite expensive. You can bench craft one a bit cheaper (still several exalts, but less than buying one). What you want is a 2-mod shaper rare of the weapon type you favor (dagger or scepter, presumably) with the 20% elemental as extra chaos mod and a T1 crit multi. You can then craft multi-mod, flat lightning to spells, and then you have some options. For me, spell crit chance and spell damage were best. Some other things were reasonably close in Path of Building though, especially spell damage + lightning as chaos.

To the other note, zealotry + wrath is nice, but gives no defenses. I've been running Herald of Ice and Aspect of the Spider. Together they give slightly less damage than Zealotry (I lose about 5% Shaper damage), but the shatters and slows provide some extra safety margin. YMMV.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info