[3.5] Ele Thickk - Super Tanky Ele Hit - Uber Elder Deathless -No Xoph's -No Frostferno - Videos Up

hey, was wondering what's the best quiver ? is drillneck better or a rarer quiver with T1 wed / att speed / life better ?

here's my profile atm https://pastebin.com/mGZT2UHz

not sure what to change too, going to get a 2nd 6L chin sol for single target too

nice build btw, loving it so far
"
Qrafty wrote:

I just listen to what the gods and tryhards of this game say -- and this is taken from theuberelite reddit post regarding POEDan ele hit "An Opal Ring like that is almost the same damage as Call of the Brotherhood (~1% difference) but you gain life and more resistances."

I'm assuming you have only tested +fire damage and +wed but w/o the opal base.

I just tested these calcs in POB myself.

people in this thread have gotten
for 40c, a ring with 25% implicit, 40ish ele dmg - and 33% fire dmg will bring you as uberelite posted within 1%, I have tested these numbers in PoB for myself. Now a opal like that would probably be 3+ exalts or so atm due to everyone waiting for race to start. So definitely not an easy acquisition for the perfect one, but as for there being no rings "even close to CoTB" grab some essences and start crafting, because the numbers are there. for instance - http://poe.trade/search/imimimosiyamah -- no health or all res but has open crafting slot and this ring would be within 1%.

Well, I know where you've taken this guide from and what they said about the rare rings. There are also some posts claiming they don't get within 1%. So instead of just believing in the "gods" and preaching what they say, I like to check things for myself.

However you're right in that my calculations (or rather those in PoB) contain an error:
I always checked against the Taming, which has a combined 80% increased damage (60 base and 20 for the Ignite that's always on, can go even higher when there's also Shock). However, for some reason, PoB does not grant the 20% per ailment modifier. It sims exactly the same as a 60% inc damage Opal Ring which translates into a 5% damage loss for me. So I checked higher values on an Opal Ring:

Regarding damage, I break even between 88 and 89% combined inc damage on an Opal Ring, to just get within 1% it takes 83%. If you can/want afford that, be my guest ;)
"
Solmyr77 wrote:

Regarding damage, I break even between 88 and 89% combined inc damage on an Opal Ring, to just get within 1% it takes 83%. If you can/want afford that, be my guest ;)

Ok well I will just leave this here. You said you don't like trusting the gods and preaching what they say even though TheUberElite is one of the biggest try hards in the game, if you can't trust someone like that I do not know who you can. But so far this is the 2nd post on this topic you are wrong about (#1 - fire damage to attacks pushes rare ring over Cotb) (#2 - no ring comes close to CoTB in damage) Please feel free to post your own ele hit guide :) rather that then have someone posting mis-information after I already replied with calculations.

https://i.imgur.com/hBP4ggr.png -- DPS with Fire/wed/fire dmg with attacks opal - 905,850
https://i.imgur.com/sDmYZmG.png -- DPS with COTB - 896,306
https://i.imgur.com/RGGQDFi.png -- DPS with Fire/wed opal - 894,884 (less then 1% difference)
https://i.imgur.com/KSU25dR.png -- Opal ring above with Fire/Wed - 860,191 (3-5% difference and easily obtainable)

Last edited by Qrafty on Jul 25, 2018, 7:01:13 AM
"
necromangerz wrote:
hey, was wondering what's the best quiver ? is drillneck better or a rarer quiver with T1 wed / att speed / life better ?

here's my profile atm https://pastebin.com/mGZT2UHz

not sure what to change too, going to get a 2nd 6L chin sol for single target too

nice build btw, loving it so far

That Chin Sol idea is so wrong. If you have one 6L, use that for single target and get a Quill Rain or +3 Shortbow for mapping.

About the quiver, Drillneck has a high value of 50% inc damage, which applies when
a)you have a source of Pierce (Drillneck implicit or passive tree)
b)the boss is the first thing you hit, so he is the one getting pierced

If either doesn't apply, Drillneck is nigh useless. So when you don't spec Pierce in the tree and get a PB corruption for bossing, you don't want to use Drillneck for this.

On the other hand, if those conditions are met, the best you can achieve with T1 WED and Tora-crafted attack speed is to break even at 50% and 12% respectively. Beyond that, a rare quiver can provide some nice bonus stats though.

i was thinking about getting a quill rain for mapping yeah =)

well my quiver as 49% wed / 12 att speed / 95 life

i was just wondering if i should use drillneck for single target or for mapping. my drillneck doesn't have the PB, to low on currency to afford that atm.

what would you use for single target so? Chin sol ( links? Ele hit / wed / combustion / fire pen / full life / mirror archer ? ) + the rare quiver ?
My only source of pierce is a pierce gem, got nothing on the tree for that

bit confused there sorry =/
Last edited by necromangerz on Jul 25, 2018, 6:48:50 AM
"
necromangerz wrote:
i was thinking about getting a quill rain for mapping yeah =)

well my quiver as 49% wed / 12 att speed / 95 life

i was just wondering if i should use drillneck for single target or for mapping. my drillneck doesn't have the PB, to low on currency to afford that atm.

what would you use for single target so? Chin sol ( links? Ele hit / wed / combustion / fire pen / full life / mirror archer ? ) + the rare quiver ?

bit confused there sorry =/

save yourself alot of headache and just take pointblank from the tree if you cannot afford a PB quiver yet. Use chin'sol drill for single, and your rare quiver and +3 bow or quill for mapping/ We have so much damage that the reduced damage to trash mobbs from further away will not be the biggest deal in the world. Just get a hold of a PB quiver when you grab enough currency and feel the time is right, chances are you may never even need the PB quiver depending on the content you are doing.
thanks for the fast answers there =)

yeah i've spec into PB, and my goal is to clear T16 / ubber, not planing to farm low tiers map =P

was just wonering what's the best single target dps setup ?
"
necromangerz wrote:
thanks for the fast answers there =)

yeah i've spec into PB, and my goal is to clear T16 / ubber, not planing to farm low tiers map =P

was just wonering what's the best single target dps setup ?

You will be fine doing everything in the game even taking pointblank from tree and not having on quiver. seem to be overthinking, hop in a map and see how it feels, adjust if necessary.
yeah atm, doing everything more than fine, sitting at 7.5k life, will have 8K+ once i'm 92ish ( currently at 88 ), and the dps is more than fine ( everything gets deleted )

i'll try guardians / elder once i'm 92ish =)
"
necromangerz wrote:
yeah atm, doing everything more than fine, sitting at 7.5k life, will have 8K+ once i'm 92ish ( currently at 88 ), and the dps is more than fine ( everything gets deleted )

i'll try guardians / elder once i'm 92ish =)

Nice dude goodluck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info