[3.5] Ele Thickk - Super Tanky Ele Hit - Uber Elder Deathless -No Xoph's -No Frostferno - Videos Up

"
umm0n wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Because it does nothing.

Why pyre then ? :)

Pyre converts to Fire damage, which he uses.
Brotherhood converts to Cold damage, which he doesn't use.

BUT

It seems like I was still wrong. When I tested some stuff on another build, I somewhy couldn't convert lightning > cold > fire, but it seems like it's actually possible. In that case it does something in this build but not worthy to swap with a rare ring for both damage and survivability.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
umm0n wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Because it does nothing.

Pyre converts to Fire damage, which he uses.
Brotherhood converts to Cold damage, which he doesn't use.

BUT

It seems like I was still wrong. When I tested some stuff on another build, I somewhy couldn't convert lightning > cold > fire, but it seems like it's actually possible. In that case it does something in this build but not worthy to swap with a rare ring for both damage and survivability.

It is indeed for lightning to cold to fire. "notr worthy" is totally incorrect. You need a really well rolled ring to beat it. If you're rich I guess go for it, but it's only worth it for the hp roll.
"

It is indeed for lightning to cold to fire. "notr worthy" is totally incorrect. You need a really well rolled ring to beat it. If you're rich I guess go for it, but it's only worth it for the hp roll.

Wed + Fire damage on Opal ring already covers the damage part and are largely on sale with cheaper price than Call of the Brotherhood. 2 Rare affixes for a ring slot is not worth in my book.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Point taken...sort of. I just did a quick look and there is nothing suitable, for cheap at least. Also, COTB has a 16 cold/lightning resist. I have my resists all equal. Finding something with 16 cold and lightning, with life, and 60%+ ele damage won't be cheap. In fact, people are asking 2 exalt+ for pretty crappy opal rings that arent even close to beating COTB's damage, to say nothing about wanting life and 16 cold+ lightning resist. Even 10+ exalt for meh rolls.

You can craft 13% cold and lightning resist. That would put me at 103/103/103. It's something to save up for and shoot for, but I don't see high ele damage opal ring with life being cheap.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 16, 2018, 1:22:48 PM
"
Point taken...sort of. I just did a quick look and there is nothing suitable, for cheap at least. Also, COTB has a 16 cold/lightning resist. I have my resists all equal. Finding something with 16 cold and lightning, with life, and 60%+ ele damage won't be cheap. In fact, people are asking 2 exalt+ for pretty crappy opal rings that arent even close to beating COTB's damage, to say nothing about wanting life and 16 cold+ lightning resist. Even 10+ exalt for meh rolls.

You can craft 13% cold and lightning resist. That would put me at 103/103/103. It's something to save up for and shoot for, but I don't see high ele damage opal ring with life being cheap.

Call of the brotherhood is a fine choice! Like I said at the beginning we have plenty of dps and want survivability, and the dps is not hard to beat on brotherhood, so if you can get a rare ring with good hp rolls and fire dmg + wed, take it! if not brotherhood is just fine! I used brotherhood for a very long time before I got my rare, but that being said I think I found this rare for around 50c, similar pricing to brotherhood.
"
umm0n wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Looks like a very solid build!

"
sangvinu2 wrote:
why not using call of the brotherhood also?

"
umm0n wrote:
Isn't the viridian combat focus in the wrong socket ? Also why no call of the brotherhood ?

Because it does nothing.

No the jewels are fine, lol if they were wrong it would be easy to notice as you would fire other damage other then fire! As for pyre - this is probably our biggest tooltip dps increase, adds around 12k tooltip dps in town mot to mention ignited enemies you hit are destroyed on kill!
Last edited by Qrafty on Jul 16, 2018, 1:36:06 PM
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm not seeing these 40 chaos opal rings with dps that beats COTB, life and a open suffix that doesnt fuck my wise oak, or without resist rolls that fuck my wise oak.

I mean, if you got one, or can point me to one, I'm all for it. Not seeing it though.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 16, 2018, 1:39:11 PM
"
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm not seeing these 40 chaos opal rings with dps that beats COTB, life and a open suffix that doesnt fuck my wise oak, or without resist rolls that fuck my wise oak.

If you can't find a rare ring with wed life and fire then simply stick with COTB - great ring and tough to beat! swapping it out for rare doesn't change too much other than more hp and depending on its dmg roll a bit more or bit less dmg.
There's one with fire, wed and life for 6 exalt. that's not 40 chaos :P
BAHAHA spoke too soon.

40 chaos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info