[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
What is my tooltip elemental hit damage supposed to be? I am struggling a bit with guardians. Every vid I watch, the Ele hit guy just go in and kill them within 5-10 seconds, but that does not feel remotely close to possible for me.

I know that my gems aren't maxed yet, but my damage feels really low so I am just wondering if I am missing something crucial. My tooltip dmg for single target set up is only 79k, and that feels low especially when I saw some vids from previous leagues that show a tooltip of 200k.
Not sure what tooltip is for the build but I do know it's nowhere near 200k, probably closer to 60-80k.

"
Guildmate told me to try this Build and it feels a bit like the old EA!-)

Maxing out Gear breaks the Bank but i play only 1 Build each League and thats what i like most.
Glad you're enjoying it.

"
Got a fossilcrafted Bow for clearing and a legacy chin for Single. But i guess a fossilbow would also be better for single target right?
My PoB says the chin got lower dps but dunno if its trackin the close range mod of the Chins.
There is a range calculator in PoB where you can set the distance to 1
"
There is a range calculator in PoB where you can set the distance to 1

literally just found that some hours ago :D but thx for the reply. seems like fossilcrafted is better.
Last edited by DerFlo93 on May 2, 2019, 4:06:58 PM
How well does a legacy pyre (100% cold to fire) ring work with this build and what changes should be made to accommodate it if it does?

Edit: I just saw my post history, apparently I had asked this question a year ago and forgot. I never got an answer though.
Last edited by Moosebert on May 7, 2019, 12:57:31 AM
"
How well does a legacy pyre (100% cold to fire) ring work with this build and what changes should be made to accommodate it if it does?

Edit: I just saw my post history, apparently I had asked this question a year ago and forgot. I never got an answer though.
With AoF and a current Pyre you're converting 90% cold to fire. With the legacy variant it would take you to 100%. Not that big a deal but it's something more than nothing.
I'm still in the early stages of this build, but I just thought of this--with AoE + Cold to Fire gem (or any other combo of 100% cold to fire conversion), is having the Combat Focus jewel that prevents cold damage even necessary anymore since if even the Ele Hit came up with cold damage all of it would just be converted to fire anyway.

I may not be thinking all of the math through, and sometimes I do get stumped with some of the calculations, but am I missing something? Or is the CF Cold jewel really unnecessary with 100% conversion? I'm not trying to cut corners, I just don't remember this specific issue being addressed in the build description.

I played an Ele Hit build before, during Incursion, but it was a melee build dual wielding Fate of the Vaal swords and had a blast with it! I started Path with bow builds, so I'm really looking forward to getting into maps with this build.

Also, do you have any quick fixes for mana shortage while leveling? I'm burning follow the skill tree but emptying my mana pool about every 6 shots with my bow. I'm using a Roth's Reach. I didn't see it on your suggested list of uniques to help leveling, but it seems to do more damage than the Storm Cloud.

IF you can set me straight on some of this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
"
I'm still in the early stages of this build, but I just thought of this--with AoE + Cold to Fire gem (or any other combo of 100% cold to fire conversion), is having the Combat Focus jewel that prevents cold damage even necessary anymore since if even the Ele Hit came up with cold damage all of it would just be converted to fire anyway.

I may not be thinking all of the math through, and sometimes I do get stumped with some of the calculations, but am I missing something? Or is the CF Cold jewel really unnecessary with 100% conversion? I'm not trying to cut corners, I just don't remember this specific issue being addressed in the build description.

I played an Ele Hit build before, during Incursion, but it was a melee build dual wielding Fate of the Vaal swords and had a blast with it! I started Path with bow builds, so I'm really looking forward to getting into maps with this build.

Also, do you have any quick fixes for mana shortage while leveling? I'm burning follow the skill tree but emptying my mana pool about every 6 shots with my bow. I'm using a Roth's Reach. I didn't see it on your suggested list of uniques to help leveling, but it seems to do more damage than the Storm Cloud.

IF you can set me straight on some of this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

The Elemental Hit skill gem has a lot of text on it but two lines prevent the interaction you're describing:

Only Deals Damage of the chosen Element
Deals no Damage of other Damage Types

That means when Elemental Hit chooses Cold it will do zero Fire damage regardless of any amount of conversions you have.

Thiefs Torment or a mana leech node help with early mana.

I use Storm Cloud for the attack speed and can use it all the way to endgame, if you prefer another bow for a unique effect then go for it.
Great build.
I'm currently switching from the leveling to endgame tree and am trying to refund passive points between constitution and Resolute Technique.

Somehow the game does not allow me to remove those points.

Is there a specific way I have to approach this?
Thank you for this guide, I'm a returning player and am 47 now. Using 6L skills really depletes my mana fast. What's the best way to solve this?

I've setup CWDT BR IC CS but only BR casts, and I continue taking DoT. What did I do wrong here?
Does the Mortal Conviction change means that we get a free aura of our choice now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info