Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
XxPainzXx wrote:
One other question if you guys would be so kind. Does anyone use bear trap at all? Do you just cast lightning spire once? Or do you drop all charges at once and simply spam arc? Im trying to figure out the most efficient way of playing. I'm no where near as good as you guys. Sorry if it seems like a stupid question. Btw my Golem isnt casting when I take damage and I noticed the OP had CWDT/Chaos Golem/ ETC all maxed at 20....Is this right?

-CWDT's required level must equal or higher than the required level of the spell you want it to cast (golem, in this case)
-Yes, bear trap can be used for kiting, only 2 fights which I use it: Phoenix and the t16 Elder guardian which based on the Solaris temple. But tbh, of very rare occasion I use it, because every single boss/mob in this game has some kind of animation and downtime before casting their deadly skills. Pay attention to it and be in rhythm, and you'll be fine :) phoenix tempchain 100% aoe no problem :)
-Yes, CWDT+Golem at lvl20
-LST: you need to time your throw.
*Throw it when the boss is not moving, then kite him around the area inside the trap aoe (Hydra/Minataur/Chimera)
*Phoenix: this fight is dangerous and he moves around so much, not worth using LST, I focus on Arc trap and dodging him. I've never died in this fight, regardless of map mods.
*Guardians of Elder t16: throw all 3 charges right after the cocoon opens for bursting, because after that phase, they'll just jump around like rabbits :)
*Uber Elder: use it whenever the charges are up, when the bosses stand still, ofcourse.
*LST is really shine when in Incursion, what I usually do is rush to the chosen boss/side, throw arc trap until he starts casting his Ultimate skill, then throw all 3 charges, leave him to dead while run to top/bottom of that side :)
*For anything else, dont bother :) they'll just melt to Arc trap :)
*People may get nervous and try to dodge things, but if you stand still and burst the bosses down, you'd notice the fight end sooner and easier, because you're dodge/eva base, if it's not a 1shot, you'll heal to full, nearly instantly (except Phoenix/Hydra/U.E)
Just my take, hope it helps
Last edited by koros on Jul 7, 2018, 1:17:03 AM
"
koros wrote:
"
XxPainzXx wrote:
One other question if you guys would be so kind. Does anyone use bear trap at all? Do you just cast lightning spire once? Or do you drop all charges at once and simply spam arc? Im trying to figure out the most efficient way of playing. I'm no where near as good as you guys. Sorry if it seems like a stupid question. Btw my Golem isnt casting when I take damage and I noticed the OP had CWDT/Chaos Golem/ ETC all maxed at 20....Is this right?

-CWDT's required level must equal or higher than the required level of the spell you want it to cast (golem, in this case)
-Yes, bear trap can be used for kiting, only 2 fights which I use it: Phoenix and the t16 Elder guardian which based on the Solaris temple. But tbh, of very rare occasion I use it, because every single boss/mob in this game has some kind of animation and downtime before casting their deadly skills. Pay attention to it and be in rhythm, and you'll be fine :) phoenix tempchain 100% aoe no problem :)
-Yes, CWDT+Golem at lvl20
-LST: you need to time your throw.
*Throw it when the boss is not moving, then kite him around the area inside the trap aoe (Hydra/Minataur/Chimera)
*Phoenix: this fight is dangerous and he moves around so much, not worth using LST, I focus on Arc trap and dodging him. I've never died in this fight, regardless of map mods.
*Guardians of Elder t16: throw all 3 charges right after the cocoon opens for bursting, because after that phase, they'll just jump around like rabbits :)
*Uber Elder: use it whenever the charges are up, when the bosses stand still, ofcourse.
*LST is really shine when in Incursion, what I usually do is rush to the chosen boss/side, throw arc trap until he starts casting his Ultimate skill, then throw all 3 charges, leave him to dead while run to top/bottom of that side :)
*For anything else, dont bother :) they'll just melt to Arc trap :)
*People may get nervous and try to dodge things, but if you stand still and burst the bosses down, you'd notice the fight end sooner and easier, because you're dodge/eva base, if it's not a 1shot, you'll heal to full, nearly instantly (except Phoenix/Hydra/U.E)
Just my take, hope it helps

Bear trap also provides a 15% more damage taken from traps debuff on enemies. Since you can "prepare" boss damage by setting traps which pop instantly you can get 15% more damage out of that initial burst. I also usually throw bear trap before lighting spire trap for max dps.
Hey. Your build is really awesome. Clearspeed is beast but i am getting one shot pretty often. Can you help me improve my build? I'm at 5k life at the moment

"
Fallbringer wrote:
Hey. Your build is really awesome. Clearspeed is beast but i am getting one shot pretty often. Can you help me improve my build? I'm at 5k life at the moment

Play scared (careful) until your desired level (93 or 95 I assume). Always pop Quartz flask at pack, Vaal Grace wwhen enter Incursion. Done!
"
Fallbringer wrote:

your cwdt setup is wrong - blood rage should be before ic in the gem link order
Last edited by Sensylis on Jul 7, 2018, 11:37:26 AM
Hi there, can anyone critique my build? I managed to take down Shaper and Red Elder deathless, but I still have difficulty with Chimera and cannot get Uber Elder below 50%. I deviated from this build a little by grabbing MoM, but I still feel squishy. (Character is WombatShadow)

Gear:

Flasks:

"
combatwombats wrote:
Hi there, can anyone critique my build? I managed to take down Shaper and Red Elder deathless, but I still have difficulty with Chimera and cannot get Uber Elder below 50%. I deviated from this build a little by grabbing MoM, but I still feel squishy. (Character is WombatShadow)

Gear:

Flasks:

MoM is great, but I expect your mana is pretty low as you don’t have much (any?) mana on your gear. You want your unreserved mana to be around (or a little more than, to account for mana usage) 43% of your life in order to make the most of MoM.

Also, why do you use Winterweave as your second ring..?!
That's a big oversight on my part regarding the mana - however I don't have any reserved mana (because I'm using Clear Mind). I'll start upgrading my gear.

I switched to Winterweave to try out on my fight against uber elder so the frost wouldn't effect me when I tried to dodge. My uncapped resists are all sitting pretty at 130-150% so I guess I can afford to lose some in exchange for mana. Thanks!
i just started playing HC a couple weeks ago and finally made it to the endgame after about 8 different builds (all rips) lol! but i finally made it with this build, so fun! thanks for the guide.

Hydra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXZVr_h8Qk

My random kill of Hydra before going for Uber Elder, even though I respec my Arc trapper to play a new trap build (which I theorycrafted myself). It should give new players some idea of how to do it as a trapper. Hit-and-Run, baby!
This one is nasty with more damage / more life / more projectile
Oh, and btw, zero damage taken :D
Last edited by koros on Jul 8, 2018, 5:51:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info