Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
foojin wrote:
Would you use the bloodrage combo even with MOM?

You would need a lot of mana regen to make Blood Rage work with MoM. If you don't have that, leave Blood Rage out or you will be OoM all the time.

Something else: I am really wondering why 60% of the Shimmeron arc trappers are using Tinkerskin. Loreweave really is much superior for this, something that should be really easy to see. But only 14% are using Loreweave.

Some other stats:

70% run MoM
58% find a way to fit in Essence Worm
23% run Clear Mind

Source: http://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Saboteur&item=Shimmeron&skill=Vaal-Arc&vaal-arc-support=Trap

Just thought that was really interesting.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 16, 2018, 4:47:11 PM
"
Sequel wrote:
"
niksxs wrote:
"
Why is your ring shaper item? Wouldnt it be better if i would use elder due to mark of the shaper increased spell damage?

he has both. shaper and elder ring as far as i understood. he is using the shaper ring when fighting uber elder to prevent getting stunned by the cold dmg

I had both for a while. But I got my hands on such a fantastic shaped ring I no longer bother to switch it out at all :-)

But when im starting i can use only elder yeah? Im not doing uber elder atm
Also could you check my gear and tell me what should i change(I will change tinkerer soon)?
I will try to make this question as quick as possible
I wanted a build that can laugh at bosses, so someone suggested this. They however failed to mention Id need like 7ex just for the weapons so thats a no go for right now. Im rocking axioms until I get to 80 (Im 77 right now). After that I will start to look for upgrades. I am thinking trappy gloves, then rare weapons. Ive seen a lot of debate about essence worm and the such. Hoping I didnt make a mistake by choosing a build that is out of my pricerange currently Id like to see if it can still melt end end end game. I dont care about speed, or lab or anything else I have characters for that. Im not even bothering asking for a gear check just know its basdc life and resist with crap leveling weapons.

tldr: Need to know what order to upgrade if I cant afford shimmys and probably watchers eye. Also is it possible to melt end game without those items? I did manage to get a 5link loreweave.

Would love a gear check, level 80 feeling pretty squish still sitting on a measley 4125 life lookin to be able to end game boss no problem around like 92ish any thoughts would be helpful
First of all thank you for this interesting build,lvl 90 in IHC
-6k ehp
-one trap pretty much anything
-atziri and izaro was a joke
my gear:

1 question:
what 4l setup can i add in helm?

go miners ;)
Last edited by yarikx on Jun 17, 2018, 2:22:11 AM

When does the mana issue go away? I can only throw my traps out 3 times before i have to either wait for mana regen or hit my mana flask. feels really clunky.
"
tyrusxl wrote:

When does the mana issue go away? I can only throw my traps out 3 times before i have to either wait for mana regen or hit my mana flask. feels really clunky.

Even with clarity? I can throw about 10-12 traps nonstop until i need to start using the mana potion. Without my - mana cost clarity watchers eye I can only throw 6. That is however not a problem with the right mana flask.I suppose you skipped over the explanation why I use the mana flask I linked in the guide :-) I suggest you read that.
"
yarikx wrote:
First of all thank you for this interesting build,lvl 90 in IHC
-6k ehp
-one trap pretty much anything
-atziri and izaro was a joke
my gear:

1 question:
what 4l setup can i add in helm?

go miners ;)

Very nice. You probably chose the best way to play in HC with grace in essence worm.
I suppose I forgot to explain my helmet setup:
While blood rage with its degen seems counter intuitive on first sight, there is a reason why I use cwdt - blood rage - ic (ORDER IS IMPORTANT) and a curse to your liking in the setup. --> the pantheon power "soul of arakaali" with captured arachnoxia grants you 50% increased life recovery rate AFTER you stopped taking damage over time recently. blood rage lets you take damage over time (phys) and immortal call makes you immunte to phys. This way you can reliably trigger the 50% more regen. This means you get about 15% life regen instead of 10% while mapping and 30% instead of 20% while bossing. Pretty strong stuff :D
Since you are using grace in your essence worm this should leave you with just one more gem socket. I see you are not using phase run. Its really strong I suggest you give it a try. You could use phase run in a 4 link and add increased duration. Bear trap is nice for the 15% more trap damage multiplier in boss-burst phases...
I think you should plan your links more carefully overall and then recolor your gear accordingly.
"
foster21 wrote:
I will try to make this question as quick as possible
I wanted a build that can laugh at bosses, so someone suggested this. They however failed to mention Id need like 7ex just for the weapons so thats a no go for right now. Im rocking axioms until I get to 80 (Im 77 right now). After that I will start to look for upgrades. I am thinking trappy gloves, then rare weapons. Ive seen a lot of debate about essence worm and the such. Hoping I didnt make a mistake by choosing a build that is out of my pricerange currently Id like to see if it can still melt end end end game. I dont care about speed, or lab or anything else I have characters for that. Im not even bothering asking for a gear check just know its basdc life and resist with crap leveling weapons.

tldr: Need to know what order to upgrade if I cant afford shimmys and probably watchers eye. Also is it possible to melt end game without those items? I did manage to get a 5link loreweave.

+1 trap gloves -> rare weapons -> mark of the shaper (huge damage boost) and elder ring will most likely be enough to kill uber elder on a 5link
I noticed I never see the Volatile Anomaly from the Shaper ring.

It only procs when I literally went and wanded down a mob in a leveling zone. Is it because traps do not count as the character killing the target? Great for reflect mods but if it means no orbs of death that is a bummer =(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info