[3.2] (unofficial) eHLD Tournaments ~ #1 Open for sign-ups 2v2 (Sunday 27 May)

The following adjustments have been made to the rules:

Banned Items:
- Asenath's Chant
- Kitava's Thirst

Banned Skills:
- Discharge
- Minefield
- Cluster Trap
I want to sign up with the character EthicalDuelist.
Question about link rules, what about unique items that add a link like dendrobate?
"
Question about link rules, what about unique items that add a link like dendrobate?

Pseudolinks (socketed gems are supported by) count as a support gem.

E.g. Dendrobate

- Bladeflurry
Maim (1)
Melee phys dmg (2)
Lesser poison (3)
Block chance reduction
So, basically, any item that has a cwdt feature or item that is cast on using something else. Only reason Scold's isn't banned is because CWDT is. Removing and prohibiting the use of certain gems and items on a game that is completely unbalanced in PvP is 1: limiting the build use on a game that aspires to have unlimited builds, and 2: Trying to create a false balance around your and others own experiences where the end result is the build that someone's been utilizing for years that other people who just start pvping have no idea on how it mechanically devastates everyone else's game. Also multiple realm ping limitations just threw this out the window. But much props and cookies to you trying to revive PvP in this game. I wish they paid it more attention.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
Last edited by Iamod on May 19, 2018, 2:58:17 PM
"
Iamod wrote:
So, basically, any item that has a cwdt feature or item that is cast on using something else. Only reason Scold's isn't banned is because CWDT is. Removing and prohibiting the use of certain gems and items on a game that is completely unbalanced in PvP is 1: limiting the build use on a game that aspires to have unlimited builds, and 2: Trying to create a false balance around your and others own experiences where the end result is the build that someone's been utilizing for years that other people who just start pvping have no idea on how it mechanically devastates everyone else's game. Also multiple realm ping limitations just threw this out the window. But much props and cookies to you trying to revive PvP in this game. I wish they paid it more attention.

It isn't perfect, but we are working within the tools we have. In an ideal world nothing would have to be banned, and some of our sweeping bans for the purpose of simplicity remove some neat interactions... but all we need to do is let people understand the potential of PvP so GGG can pick up the torch from there. In terms of a build "utilized for years", part of these rules was to make it so players couldn't use thier old HLD builds with just a few less links. Veteran players have had to make new builds from scratch with this format and that has been part of the fun
"
Iamod wrote:

This user made balance is necessary.

Have you not seen the state of PvP without these rules?

The "limitless builds" are really just the same few builds and bullshit mechanics 1 shotting everybody around.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I'm in
i want to join, how are the teams selected random teammate? or can i come with a friend
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
Fyndel wrote:
i want to join, how are the teams selected random teammate? or can i come with a friend

I'll be using a random team generator after every round:
https://www.jamestease.co.uk/team-generator/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info