Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

I am sorry for all the hard work you put in this and i am sure ssf players loved it more than the rest, but this mechanic was against the rest of the game.

By now most people are used to and enjoy the clear speed meta or at least a fast pace style, and you can't slow all that people down for something that is not very important. we skipped harbingers we skipped abyss cracks that went the wrong way and we skipped beasts, that says something about what people will skip or not.

If there was a way to implement nets in one of our attacks, that captured beasts if they were killed by that attack/spell automatically, no one would complain about the capturing mechanic or slowing down and bestiary would found more use overall.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
kadin wrote:
Just wanted to say good call guys. I appreciate the risk you took
well, now they won't take risks. next 3 leagues at very least = appeasement central with leagues akin to breach that favor a certain playstyle.

Guarantee that won't be the case. Feel free to check this post 3 leagues from now. At worst you can expect a pattern of one appeasement league, one creative-experimental league. At worst.

ok, we'll see I guess. my statement was keeping in mind leagues are their normal ~3 months. I feel bestiary will be the most 'experimental' league from the core gameloop for a whiiiiile.

I'll probably be taking a break anyway, because Im fairly certain I wont like the handout league that is about to follow.

shit I dont even like the crafting rewards from bestiary as they can be really powerful for leveling, I got a tabula and the gull from beastcrafting casually leveling in ssfhc flashback and I feel like I cheated the game.
I didn't like Bestiary, but it was a nice attempt.
Won't miss Bestiary. After a few days, it was more work to 'not' kill a beast, time the net throw, and micromanage what recipe I wanted to use. Rather, I just treated each beast as another rare monster, and completely skipped some red monsters, because they were harder to take down than the map boss.

Glad this isn't getting worked into core mechanics. Curious to see what comes next.
Community Free Forum Crafting in RITUAL LEAGUE: thread/3010276
"
Yadeehoo wrote:
Make your game as hard and complex as you want it to be, but keep it understandable and practical pls

dwarf fortress is neither understandable nor practical (practical tho ? lol). yet somehow people are having the subjective 'fun' playing it, don't they ?

"

Also it's ok if some ppl have some fun

and if I have fun in games by solving problems or by the game relentlessly fucking me in the ass, then I cant have fun ? only people who see relaxation as fun in games can have their fun ?

nice. 'people should have fun, but only according to MY understanding of what fun is' is what you're saying.

and its not like there are thousands of games where people can have YOUR way. no, each game has to adhere to your idea of the absurd 'relaxation=fun' equality
Good riddance. Einhar was the best thing to come out of that league... and that isn't to say Einhar was good.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Very hot/cold on Bestiary as a mechanic. Sometimes the beasts were fun to fight for the extra challenge, and other times they were just annoying (mostly red guys with double life regen or soul eater).

A bit sad to not see Einhar regularly in the future though. Such a fun character. I wonder if he (and/or the Bestiary mechanics in overall) could be simplified into a new Forsaken Master.
sad to hear.. crybabies did a great job..
I enjoyed many of the difficult beast fights, but other than that I'm glad to see it go.
"
meyogi wrote:
Good bye and farewell to probably one of the most outstanding league. Not outstanding as in the best, but something very different altogether. At first it seemed like a joke league as it came out during the time of one of the most anticipated game of this year, Monster Hunter World. I mean come on, static traps = nets!

But that's just far from what they only brought into this league. The effort this team put into this league is amazing. From giving beast new and unique animalized skills like vulture bombing, fire tiger, mini exploding spiders and many more, to the well designed NPC Einhar "Ha, Stupid beast" teleporting in and out whenever you catch a beast. The amount of recipes that the team came up with, being useless or useful, it was nonetheless amazing. Because some of us did craft even the most useless recipes or at least we did at the start of the league to try and help us get a small upgrade.

But the thing that will be missed the most, will be the Aspects. Personally loved the Aspect of the Spider, covering everything in web was in a weird way, fun to me.

Everything aside, I am actually glad this league isn't going to be part of the core game. The league was fun, but that is all it should be, just another amazing league. In fact i hope most leagues are left out from the core game in the future. Leagues are supposed to be/have something special and different from the core game after all.

P.S. Majority of those whining about this league didn't even seem to have put in any effort, just look at the number of challenges done by them. Just trollers and toxic people all around. So David Brevik, whomever you are, keep up the good work, since apparently you are the one "to blame".

+1

I am going to enjoy all the cool stuff I got this league (full set cat, spider, crab, maybe bird at some point?, white socket stuff, gear with aspect stuff, etc etc etc). Great stuff came out in this league in terms of what you could do with items. Meanwhile, the haters can go and... not enjoy any of it. This would have been a great non-mandatory addition to the game and it’s sad to see it go. People bitch about ‘garbinger’ but now want annuls, lol. People bitch about Abyss but now want shroud and 2 soc boots, lol. The same will happen with beast but in this case it sounds like the cool new shit will just be unobtainable, period.

Congrats!
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info