[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

Hi, im using this build with LIGHTNING TRAP/ BALL LIGHTNING TRAP, on 3.3 ARC TRAP gonna be better than Lightning trap ?

Lightning trap would not be better compared to the arc trap, due to having to use one of the sockets with Trap gem?

Would not it be a gain of dps to use lightning trap with 1 socket over for some support gem with additional damage?

One question more... MoM is Required to this build? without tinkerskin...?

I have to use EB only with tinkerskin, right!?

Nice build BTW!
I'm struggling with this build. Early on, the AOE clear was great, and bosses weren't too bad. I've just cleared Kaom and Daresso, and both fights took me ~5 minutes to clear, with a few deaths on each. I see that this build with BL is meant to be good for clearing bosses quickly, but I'm rapidly finding that I can't kite, don't have much dps, and take a lot of damage whilst trying to get traps down. I've followed the build so far, but I'm wondering if there might be something I'm either not doing or doing wrong, particularly as this is my first trap build.
"
Parhelius wrote:
I'm struggling with this build. Early on, the AOE clear was great, and bosses weren't too bad. I've just cleared Kaom and Daresso, and both fights took me ~5 minutes to clear, with a few deaths on each. I see that this build with BL is meant to be good for clearing bosses quickly, but I'm rapidly finding that I can't kite, don't have much dps, and take a lot of damage whilst trying to get traps down. I've followed the build so far, but I'm wondering if there might be something I'm either not doing or doing wrong, particularly as this is my first trap build.

Link your gear, and I'll be able to tell you. I've reached maps with ease on terrible gear overall, and did Uber Lab at level 75 alone.

These 2 items carried and still do.

---

@Xingstyle - Arc is much much stronger overall. Both work, but...
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 3, 2018, 4:51:12 PM
back in 3.2.0 lightning trap had a cooldown right? this made arc mandatory, I guess in 3.3.0 arc isn't mandatory anymore, but it's still quite good? I've been following shazam's profile along as best I can, still on act3 though atm.

it is interesting shazam is using arc+lightning spire, which isn't quite a ball lightning trap, but I guess when I get them, I can just try both sets of gems and see which I like better, be interested to hear comments in the OP though on lightning spire and arc versus lightning trap and ball lightning.

p.s.
I noticed shazam has two copies of vaal arc equipped at once, is this just to level them? or does this let them charge up faster?
Last edited by namad on Jun 3, 2018, 5:52:21 PM
"
namad wrote:
back in 3.2.0 lightning trap had a cooldown right? this made arc mandatory, I guess in 3.3.0 arc isn't mandatory anymore, but it's still quite good? I've been following shazam's profile along as best I can, still on act3 though atm.

it is interesting shazam is using arc+lightning spire, which isn't quite a ball lightning trap, but I guess when I get them, I can just try both sets of gems and see which I like better, be interested to hear comments in the OP though on lightning spire and arc versus lightning trap and ball lightning.

p.s.
I noticed shazam has two copies of vaal arc equipped at once, is this just to level them? or does this let them charge up faster?

Lightning Spike is better, you can also use Arc or Lightning Trap with Lightning Spoike trap for single target.

I feel Arc is best to use over Lightning Trap.
@CantripN any way you can update this build please. The Skill Tree needs it and i also see one of your characters is using Lightning Spire Trap now https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CantripN/characters i am enjoying this build but would love to get the Full Potential out of it, thank you.
"
KustomBallaz wrote:
@CantripN any way you can update this build please. The Skill Tree needs it and i also see one of your characters is using Lightning Spire Trap now https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CantripN/characters i am enjoying this build but would love to get the Full Potential out of it, thank you.

It's hard to say what will be best at end-game without first getting there.

For now, I'm using Arc Traps + Lightning Spire. My plan is to eventually use only Arc Traps, and use Vaal Arc / Advanced Trap / Inc Duration / Efficacy / Trap (from gloves) to get a long-lasting buff to Arc damage.

2 Vaal Arc gems isn't for any special reason, have a lot of pointless gems leveling currently.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 3, 2018, 11:50:55 PM
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
"
namad wrote:

p.s.

Lightning Spike is better, you can also use Arc or Lightning Trap with Lightning Spoike trap for single target.

i would say it depends on the links you have got. without Deerstalker, 4L Arc Trap is kinda meh compared to 4L Lightning Trap.
"
CantripN wrote:
"
KustomBallaz wrote:

It's hard to say what will be best at end-game without first getting there.

For now, I'm using Arc Traps + Lightning Spire. My plan is to eventually use only Arc Traps, and use Vaal Arc / Advanced Trap / Inc Duration / Efficacy / Trap (from gloves) to get a long-lasting buff to Arc damage.

Ok, i am looking forward to your final build and hope you get there post haste :) Also im sure you will be posting it when you get to that point? This is my first time playing as a Trapper and lemme say it is very Juicy OP and loads of fun.
Last edited by KustomBallaz on Jun 4, 2018, 1:23:58 AM
"
skeithyip wrote:
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
"
namad wrote:

p.s.

i would say it depends on the links you have got. without Deerstalker, 4L Arc Trap is kinda meh compared to 4L Lightning Trap.

I did arc trap on a 3 link +1 light wwand for like act 1-7 or 8, Then I did a 4 link. Deerstalker is cheap t get at that point and you can easily get the currency for it will questing.

I tried both arc and lighting trap while question but I keep going back to arc because it felt better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info