[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Mentalmike wrote:
Right so after a horrible grinding period to raise 60ex (and with generous charity from a friend) have managed to get end game gear. Performance is amazing, shaper was a breeze (never experienced that before). guardians are still demanding, seem to always die once but at level 92, don’t really care.
Just about to do Uber Elder for first ever time. Really excited and Nurous at same time!!

My concern is damage for Uber Elder. People are saying they get 106k DPS in their hideout etc etc but my DOS is only 28k (no charges)
What I want to understand is how do people get that sort of tooltip value???
With all charges I get to around 60k (to be honest I haven’t checked that specifically).

Please can someone explain why their damage is much higher and where it is coming from.
Will post my gear later when on a computer. Yes it’s high end gear...grinder for 60ex over 1-2 weeks and vowed never ever to do that again, it was horrible.
Just as a heads up. 6l corrupted soul mantle was 100% self crafted. Bought it for 1c,, 6linked it myself and corrupted it myself....never before been so lucky in this game.
Watchers eye -5ex
Atziri’s reflection - 43ex
Elder essence worm -10ex
Belt - 1ex
Shimerons 1.5ex
Boots -30chaos
Everything else <15chaos/self found.

Found 4ex this league so far and each map I do, gives me on average 6-10chaos.(incursions are insane for chaos recipe. On top of selling drops you can make dollar quickly.

Ok I can’t link my build from a phone, will update tonight

Using Atziri's reflection you are getting rid of curses.

Each curse on you, grant you 20% increased damage with Self-Flagellation Viridian Jewel.

I have mediocre gear, tooltip in ho (with charges) 89k
Thanks OP and everyone who has contributed their experience and tips.

This was my first season I attempted to fight guardians + shaper and not only did I down Shaper on first try, I was able to down Uber Elder on first try too! Could not have done this without all the amazing help from the people in this thread.

My gear is pretty much the mid-tier build without the crazy atziri shield.

My main concern going into the fight was mobility and to help assure any other arc totem players, you can do it pretty easily without Kaom's Roots. I'm sure it would help QOL but it would've been too annoying to regear my other pieces to get my resists capped. My dodging movement abilities were quicksilver flask + lightning warp. I used lighting warp to move away from elder's cone slow and also dodge the elder/shaper teleport smash.

Here are some uber elder tips I picked up by watching others and from my own experience that hopefully can help people who are facing him for the first time.

1) Move in counter-clockwise or clockwise circle around the arena and dropping 1 totem at a time and then continue moving. Never stop moving other than the time it takes to drop a totem to continue dodging shaper orbs + ice lance
2) When Shaper is in the phase where he is bubbled behind a portal, change your kiting pattern to go in circles around shaper since he'll instantly do his laser beam blast when he finishes that phase.
3) When elder does his expanding nova, you do not need to be in the safe zone (in middle area) right away. Feel free to continue to focus on dodging. Since blast doesn't hit until about 8 seconds, just mentally count 7 seconds and make sure you are back in the safe zone by 7 seconds so you have a second buffer.

Good luck!
Last edited by yoober on Jul 5, 2018, 2:21:59 PM
Uber Elder down also for me!! Got level 94 and respecced to max DPS tree. Still missing the second Shimmeron :(
Right, managed to do Uber Elder, easy fight, in terms of damage, its just the stepping into 1 thing and you are dead which is annoying, there is no forgiving element. So really, for me it is 50% luck and 50% skill.

The ending was quite anti-climatic. It literally just went silent and then had the elder go into the yellow black hole of nothing-ness. The normal elder finish is more spectacular.

Also the loot I got from this Uber Elder kill...6c!!! 6 CHAOS WORTH...when i spent nearly 3ex in chaos to buy 5x shaper sets. But it was worth it to kill the Uber Elder for the first time ever!!!

Anyway back to the proper topic at hand. Below is my gear and linked my tree. I know I have not gone all out on DPS so do expect it to be lower than some others, but I would have thought 50k Tool Tip (with no charges) would be achieved.

Passive Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEUQSzBUII9AmqC2EN0Q5IEMwRLRGWFkAWvxvIHNwdgx8CIG4i9CaVJy8pTyoLKhMrJiu2LJwwWzLRNsU6FjrYPC1BlkShRUdFnUlPTLNQMFNSVUtVxlhtWOVaK13yXl1fKmHiY0NkM2ZUZp5oWmjyakNrt2wLbRlwUnsgfIN_xoKbg1-DzIPbg_OFMoV7hX2GgonTi4yMNoxGjxqQVZMnly2aO5rgoS-iAKPypzSnlKyXrhKus69stz68qrzqvorAZsCawJzDE8auz93QH9D10f3Yvdn8217hc-OE6-Tr7uw47-vwH_GK-JP53f4K?accountName=Mentalmike&characterName=SparkMeArc

Gear

I used a Devote unique Helmet (sorry for poor spelling) for the additional move speed, so the helmet you see now is a reward purchase of 39c I just did. Adds 2k tooltip DPS without charges, so pretty chuffed.

Please let me know what can be improved.

I am working to getting a good pair of Fingerless Silk Gloves for that approx 12% increased spell damage

In Hindsight, i guess I could put 2 skill points on the +20% Totem Crit Multi which will give 40% x5 totems. However no idea what to compensate with. Really do not want to touch life, as 4.3kHP, 1kES and 2.7k Mana is just about right for the T16 maps, dont want to go lower.

Also I guess the Amulet can be changed to a Shaped one with Spell damage & Spell damage per 15 Intel
Last edited by Mentalmike on Jul 5, 2018, 7:37:49 PM
"
RushBone wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Right so after a horrible grinding period to raise 60ex (and with generous charity from a friend) have managed to get end game gear. Performance is amazing, shaper was a breeze (never experienced that before). guardians are still demanding, seem to always die once but at level 92, don’t really care.
Just about to do Uber Elder for first ever time. Really excited and Nurous at same time!!

My concern is damage for Uber Elder. People are saying they get 106k DPS in their hideout etc etc but my DOS is only 28k (no charges)
With all charges I get to around 60k (to be honest I haven’t checked that specifically).

Please can someone explain why their damage is much higher and where it is coming from.
Will post my gear later when on a computer. Yes it’s high end gear...grinder for 60ex over 1-2 weeks and vowed never ever to do that again, it was horrible.
Just as a heads up. 6l corrupted soul mantle was 100% self crafted. Bought it for 1c,, 6linked it myself and corrupted it myself....never before been so lucky in this game.
Watchers eye -5ex
Elder essence worm -10ex
Belt - 1ex
Shimerons 1.5ex
Boots -30chaos

Found 4ex this league so far and each map I do, gives me on average 6-10chaos.(incursions are insane for chaos recipe. On top of selling drops you can make dollar quickly.

you can enable the visibility of your characters in your profile, that can be enough.

Done, didnt even know it was hidden. Let me know if you still cant see.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:

Watchers eye -5ex
Elder essence worm -10ex
Belt - 1ex
Shimerons 1.5ex
Boots -30chaos

you can enable the visibility of your characters in your profile, that can be enough.

Done, didnt even know it was hidden. Let me know if you still cant see.

In my case I guess is 2 flasks: oath's Oak (I guess dont show in tooltip though) and Onslaught one.
ALso enchantment and double shimmeron. I suppose some guys also got more multiplier here or there maybe.
ANd be sure to check with arcane surge activated and recent totem placement too.

Anyway, in Pob with the shield you has, yo will get a lot more damage, with all those curses activated, pene, etc.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jul 5, 2018, 10:10:15 PM

I use this for perma onslaught. The upgraded version is actually worse.
Hey guys,

Im at lvl 87 and I have even problems downing Uber Atziri even when my gear is pretty good, what I do wrong? I always run out of flasks which will kill me since no movement speed to run away from circles.

Also, should I already replace my devoto with very rare helm, as Im noob, what even good on devoto which keeps us from going for very rare with good stats? ty in advance
Hello ladys and gentelman,

Really nice build, I just did uber atziri with it this morning. Im still lacking a bit of hp. Currently im on 3,7 hp, 1,1k es and 2,3k mana. How can i improve my hp and damage? I orientated to the gear or groar in the "really expensive" section. In POB im on 150k DPS. I have around 20-25 ex currency which can be used for the upgrade.

My link: https://pastebin.com/Qc153XNt

I will post my gear so you can eventually help me. Thank you!

"
Klassenliste wrote:
Hello ladys and gentelman,

Really nice build, I just did uber atziri with it this morning. Im still lacking a bit of hp. Currently im on 3,7 hp, 1,1k es and 2,3k mana. How can i improve my hp and damage? I orientated to the gear or groar in the "really expensive" section. In POB im on 150k DPS. I have around 20-25 ex currency which can be used for the upgrade.

My link: https://pastebin.com/Qc153XNt

I will post my gear so you can eventually help me. Thank you!

Hi I'm not expert but there is no way you have 150k in PoB. There is something you are not using correctly in PoB.

With your OP gear, if you mark everything up (charges, flasks on, curses, etc) you are more like to have 700k+ dps against regular monsters, and like 400k++ agains Shaper. Maybe I'm wrong and you pretended to say it was 150k in hideout.

If you think that is not enough... merge life and mana in an hybrid flask (I recommend this anyway) and use an onslaught flask if you dont have onslaught yet.

You can also go for more and use added lightning in spite of minion and totem elemental resist, its just a preference I guess (trade some damage for tougher totems).

And I see you are not using elemental focus, so the tooltip doesnt mark when you shock, so your dps will be even more.

You can also remove the lori's lantern if you wish (personal choice) to get a high life ring plus crit chance, etc. if you prefer more life and crit over the cast speed and lucky thing.

Also, 2 more levels or remove 2 random points and you will get another jewel (multi + 7% life, etc)

"
Hey guys,

Im at lvl 87 and I have even problems downing Uber Atziri even when my gear is pretty good, what I do wrong? I always run out of flasks which will kill me since no movement speed to run away from circles.

Also, should I already replace my devoto with very rare helm, as Im noob, what even good on devoto which keeps us from going for very rare with good stats? ty in advance

I can't help here, I also hate the iber atziri battle.
From my mind, change arc to lightning tendrils for the battle (so no chain against reflect), use more damage flasks (maybe) and use the fire resist flask/flasks with extra movement. It's a hard battle anyway for us I guess. I don't like that fight with this build, but it's doable. Wait for the OP or others to answer and bring more feedback.

Other than that, practice against normal atziri without using totems, running around and avoiding the attacks. If you manage to do a couple of runs without being hit after running like 10 seconds in each phase before placing totems, I think you got it.

Other idea could be lightning warp in a 4L, some guys use that mobility skill.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jul 6, 2018, 7:00:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info