[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Valmar wrote:
Cool, interesting at least!

Another question. About helm enchantment. I compare +1 arc chain and +40% damage, and looks similar. But in PoB it says +1 is a bit better. But ingame it looks the +40% is better. Which is right?

I find less kill speed against bosses with +1 after a couple maps, but could be just my imagination. Is +1 better for mobs and +40% better for bosses?

the chains give 15% more damage per chain remaining. the more enemies hit the less damage that is. the damage boost from the chain is definitely better vs the first enemy your arc hits... so bosses.

It also means your arc can hit more targets which is better clear speed.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Hello guys,
please tell me straight of the bat which iteams should i change or what should i change in my tree to get better life quality in game ;)

This is my stuff:

Thanks for any advices, have a great day!
Last edited by coca0 on Jun 29, 2018, 6:43:17 AM
Hi again, Gegemo.

Just in case you want some videos to add to the guide, I have uploaded these ones:

Red Tier Elder:

Shaper:

I know I'm not the best player in the world, but trying to help.

Will add an Uber Elder video as soon as I farm it again.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 29, 2018, 8:01:04 AM
Hello folks. Really enjoying this build. This is my first full league and first time completing all the acts and getting to maps. This build really cooked up until I killed Kitava and now I feel I've hit a wall. I can do fine in to about T3 maps, but even in those maps Incursions are smoking me (actually, I'm surviving fine for the most part, but it's taking to long to kill architects).

I know upgrades are there for me, I'm just trying to think of the best places to start.

My thoughts:

-Need to get a six link
-Haven't taken MoM yet. I feel like I'd have mana issues if I grab it before getting Essence Worm.
-Haven't taken the power charge nodes. Haven't run Merc Lab yet (it's on my to-do list tonight).
-Need to work on resistances, especially fire.
-Better weapons? I check pretty much every wand, dagger and scepter I drop in PoB but nothing's been an upgrade.
-I know my gem setup needs work, just having trouble dropping the sockets I need.

What should be my priority? Running merc lab is a no-brainer. Then focus on getting a 6L armor and an essence worm? Any other tips for someone just starting to map? I can buy some pieces, I have 2ex I can sell for chaos.
With 0.5ex you can buy all the gear from "CHEAP" version of the build. Check OP.
Here some advice on each pieces:
- Weapons, yours are good enough. If you want to buy something don't spend more than 5c, you will upgrade later
- Body (Tabula is the cheapest)
- Helm (80+ life, resists)
- Boots (25%+ movement speed, 80+ life, resists)
- Gloves (80+ life, resists)
- Belt (120+ life, resists)
- Amulet (70+ life, damage)
- Essence Worm/Ring (70+ life, resists)
- Flasks (quality, proper affixes)

Resists MUST be capped

On tree:
- Take MoM after Essence Worm
- Take Power Charges after Merciless Lab
- Level up (LOL)

Depends on how much you want to invest in each rare pieaces but personally I would go for 15/20c or less each.
Last edited by Gegemo on Jun 29, 2018, 8:54:38 AM
"
elzilcho1981 wrote:
Hello folks. Really enjoying this build. This is my first full league and first time completing all the acts and getting to maps. This build really cooked up until I killed Kitava and now I feel I've hit a wall. I can do fine in to about T3 maps, but even in those maps Incursions are smoking me (actually, I'm surviving fine for the most part, but it's taking to long to kill architects).

I know upgrades are there for me, I'm just trying to think of the best places to start.

My thoughts:

-Need to get a six link
-Haven't taken MoM yet. I feel like I'd have mana issues if I grab it before getting Essence Worm.
-Haven't taken the power charge nodes. Haven't run Merc Lab yet (it's on my to-do list tonight).
-Need to work on resistances, especially fire.
-Better weapons? I check pretty much every wand, dagger and scepter I drop in PoB but nothing's been an upgrade.
-I know my gem setup needs work, just having trouble dropping the sockets I need.

What should be my priority? Running merc lab is a no-brainer. Then focus on getting a 6L armor and an essence worm? Any other tips for someone just starting to map? I can buy some pieces, I have 2ex I can sell for chaos.

-Bye a Tabula, its like 18 chaos or 15 or whatever, do some chaos recipes if you dont have still the currency. More damage (6l is hugue boost) will get you killed less times. You will kill things in one-2 shoots.
-If you can't do maps and cant buy anything, farm highest zones for some time. But with tabula you can do maps.
-Get rare items, do recipes until you can farm fast, buy cheap resis+life gear with the chaos you get.
-Power charges: ONLY get these once you got a Shimmeron. Doesn't worth before.
-MoM dont need it if you still can manage without them
-Boots, gloves, etc are very bad, change them for resis+life
-Flasks: Use boost damage flasks, like diamond, silver. Remove one life flask. Try to remove the bismuth too. If got mana problems with tabula, use a hybrid flask or a mana with 50% instant, 50% overtime.

So for me:
1) Tabula or life resis 6l armour (around 40-50 chaos if rare, like 17 if tabula). I would buy a tabula because you will change the armour soon for soul mantle. Get the resis and life elsewhere

2) Resis+life gear (try to buy them cheap first, for like 2-5 chaos a piece, no more. There will be plenty out there.

3) You can always buy endgame gear later, but give the cheap gear a try with max resis, imho.
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 29, 2018, 8:54:37 AM
"
Valmar wrote:
Hi again, Gegemo.

Just in case you want some videos to add to the guide, I have uploaded these ones:

Red Tier Elder:

Shaper:

I know I'm not the best player in the world, but trying to help.

Will add an Uber Elder video as soon as I farm it again.

Thank you man, I have added it to the guide.
anyone can check my character? dont know what to upgrade now, i have around 4-5ex to spend, im looking to watcher's eye and i have doubts..the "(40-60)% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath
" works for arc totems? and the most important thing is..best than pen% light damage while affected by wrath?
"
keygy wrote:
anyone can check my character? dont know what to upgrade now, i have around 4-5ex to spend, im looking to watcher's eye and i have doubts..the "(40-60)% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath
" works for arc totems? and the most important thing is..best than pen% light damage while affected by wrath?

Remove added lightning and try elemental focus. I know, I know. Just try it, see for yourself, play with it like an hour or two and you can always change back if I didnt like it. I tried and I prefer elemental focus, even in non Soul Mantle.

I think pene is better in watcher's eye, but wait for more opinions.

Use your currency for the jewels, once you get the skill points. Your lacking multiplier in amulet, so focus on that in jewels.
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 29, 2018, 3:08:21 PM
Double post, sorry.

Finally the video of my (fifth) Uber Elder run:

Should be deathless, I just made a silly move that cost me one death (well, I made a couple more that should cost me more), I'm getting old, lol.

Hope this helps.

Build is OP as f.
Kudos to Gegemo and thank you very much for the guide again!
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 29, 2018, 4:17:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info