[3.2] The Blue Man(a) with Purple Skills -- 934k Tooltip ED, now with deathless Uber Elder video!

"
q2ev wrote:
i doubt you can ramp up in ho to 300k without insanity amulet to proc few times and bis gear with t1 mana rolls. and you cant buy amy(on whole sc market there is only one medicore withour mana or mana reg for 14ex) you need to craft, how lucky are you to make it with life and mana reg with 20c per try idk, i wouldnt start wihout atleast 20ex of currency rdy

Spoiler

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Screaming_Essence_of_Misery

You're welcome to buy it, took me no more than 15 minutes to roll. (The price is to encourage you to test it yourself instead.)
10% chance to recover 10% of mana with a cast time of 1.8
6201/10 = 621 mana recovered 10% of the time
10/1.8 = 5.55 seconds to perform 10 casts
Expected payout of mana return is 621 mana every 5.55 seconds AKA 621/5.55 or 111 mana regen.

Mana regen provides more, the Insanity Amulet is only for easily running no-regen maps, nothing more.

In case someone says essences are hard to buy...
Spoiler

In any case, try some problem solving.

Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 28, 2018, 7:23:36 AM
yeah man you spend few exalts there for crafting amulets with t5 life, its okay for profit, but we all know it takes much more than that to craft one with decent life/mana rolls with shrienking essences and i mean if someone wanna craft actually good amy no reason no to craft it with insanity. the amulet like you are wearing on this char wont cost less than 20ex thats for sure
HC IGN:BBTYQQ
BEYOND IGN:QQNNTY
"
q2ev wrote:
yeah man you spend few exalts there for crafting amulets with t5 life, its okay for profit, but we all know it takes much more than that to craft one with decent life/mana rolls with shrienking essences and i mean if someone wanna craft actually good amy no reason no to craft it with insanity. the amulet like you are wearing on this char wont cost less than 20ex thats for sure

Your entire argument hinged on Insanity amulet being mandatory to reach 300k. That isn't true. Here's 518k without flask or amulet equipped.

Spoiler

Here's 424k without flasks, rings or amulet.

Spoiler

Here's 304k without flasks, rings, amulet or level 4 empower.

Spoiler

Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 28, 2018, 7:22:31 AM
we were talking about gif 300k(there was 900k gif before idk why you changed it) toooltip in ho (700k dot) and i said it isnt achiveable without insanity(read BIS amy) AND bis gear with t1 mana/mana reg rolls. the gap in ramp between goood gear and medicore is like 500k dot dps, so me and other guys above were wondering where that significant difference mainly coming from
"
q2ev wrote:
we were talking about gif 300k(there was 900k gif before idk why you changed it) toooltip in ho (700k dot) and i said it isnt achiveable without insanity(read BIS amy) AND bis gear with t1 mana/mana reg rolls. the gap in ramp between goood gear and medicore is like 500k dot dps, so me and other guys above were wondering where that significant difference mainly coming from

You're confusing tooltip and DPS, I never changed anything. Also insanity will not give more hideout damage than a mana regeneration alternative, as shown earlier. The biggest difference looking at your gear is not having a 6 link or a 60% helmet. The rest can be upgraded later.

If you want to get into the probability, since the amulet with regeneration is 4.3 times better, you need to at least get 5 10% restores in 5.55 seconds or 10 casts.

So the question is:
What is the possibility that 5 or more restorations of 10% Mana will happen in a 5.55 second period?

Using Poisson distribution, I will consider the sum of probabilities for restorations for 4 or fewer, by then subtracting that percentage from 1, the odds can be easily calculated:

f(x;λ) = (λ^x * e^-λ)/x!

The expected restoration is 1 on every 10 casts, on average. λ=1

So we consider the probabilities of 5 restorations up through 10, that is:

1 - [f(0;1) + f(1;1) + f(2;1) + f(3;1) + f(4;1)]

= 1 - (1^0 * e^-1)/0! + (1^1 * e^-1)/1! + (1^2 * e^-4)/2! + (1^3 * e^-1)/3! + (1^4 * e^-1)/4!

This gives a 99.634% certainty that 4 or fewer restorations will occur in a 5.55 second period. (10 casts)

1 - 0.99634 = 0.00366 or 0.366% chance that the amulet is better in hideout than a Mana regeneration amulet.

Spoiler

Also, to prevent "he said", "she said" here:

Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 29, 2018, 12:05:09 AM
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:

You're confusing tooltip and DPS, I never changed anything. Also insanity will not give more hideout damage than a mana regeneration alternative, as shown earlier. The biggest difference looking at your gear is not having a 6 link or a 60% helmet. The rest can be upgraded later.

If you want to get into the probability, since the amulet with regeneration is 4.3 times better, you need to at least get 5 10% restores in 5.55 seconds or 10 casts.
Spoiler

So the question is:
What is the possibility that 5 or more restorations of 10% Mana will happen in a 5.55 second period?

Using Poisson distribution, I will consider the sum of probabilities for restorations for 4 or fewer, by then subtracting that percentage from 1, the odds can be easily calculated:

f(x;λ) = (λ^x * e^-λ)/x!

= 1 - (1^0 * e^-1)/0! + (1^1 * e^-1)/1! + (1^2 * e^-4)/2! + (1^3 * e^-1)/3! + (1^4 * e^-1)/4!

This gives a 99.634% certainty that 4 or fewer restorations will occur in a 5.55 second period. (10 casts)

1 - 0.99634 = 0.366 or 0.366% chance that the amulet is better in hideout than a Mana regeneration amulet.

Spoiler

i dunno why you are acting like youve being attacked here and feeling like you need to defend youself with formulas when noone ever said insanity better than mana regeneration. BIS amulet would be insanity WITH t1 mana reg and t1 life/mana, right? but look it doest really bother me anymore, i am the one confusing dps and tooltip? you didnt changed anything? may be i saw in my dreams forum thread with name "934k tooltip ed"? i hardly can understand what in this discussion went wrong leading to this, i guess we both need to take a rest and get a nice sleep. this build is great, you did really good job

Upgrading a bit thanks man.
Yeah I was worrying about the small life pool but I made it to tier 12 with ease, did my uber lab at 76.

Farming for 6 hours yesterday, 6 link my chest. Still sitting at 3k5 hp and 5k5 mana. Btw I did tank normal atziri's flameblast= ez clap. Very dope build man. I'm farming my way to red maps and will try guardian. I think Im going to stretch this build by do guardian at 4k life.
Really nice build. What do you think about switching Spreading Rot jewels for mana grand spectrum and dont run Blight?
IGN: QSTNMRK
"
HaxzoR wrote:
Really nice build. What do you think about switching Spreading Rot jewels for mana grand spectrum and dont run Blight?

Currently I am at 5873 unrserved mana with 3892 combat regeneration.

I consider the damage from the helmet to be roughly (5873/2+3892*4)/200*60 or 5551.

With 3 grand spectrum, that increases to (7101/2+4633*4)/200*60 or 6624

3 will grant 1.19 times more damage. However, spreading rot is quite a bit more damage. 67836 hindered, 46093 hindered or 1.47 times more damage in POB with or without counting the helmet. The differential is quite large, plus hinder is definitely not a bad thing.

I think the better idea would be to follow Waggle and take Life + Mana rare jewels instead if you want to drop blight.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 28, 2018, 12:05:34 PM
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
q2ev wrote:

So the question is:

f(x;λ) = (λ^x * e^-λ)/x!

1 - 0.99634 = 0.366 or 0.366% chance that the amulet is better in hideout than a Mana regeneration amulet.

Spoiler

Also, to prevent "he said", "she said" here:

You're a freaking GENUIUS! The math calculation was spot on, I had to confirm with google, and I'm impress. I don't know if I Should convert my ED/Con build for this. Still debating.....
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info