[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
rgnrfg wrote:
PS: quick question, what is the best boot enchant in your opinion for Fenumus Weave build? chaos dmg after being crit?
It doesn't really matter to be honest. Most of them are either too situational or too weak to make a real difference.
You could take anything that doesn't sound completely bad really.

Added Chaos Damage is very powerful, but keep in mind that most monsters only have a 5% crit chance, unless it gets boosted by map mods or power charges.

"
Rascalor wrote:
Thanks for your very well-written feedback.

There's just one tiny thing I have to point out. :p
Since the poison rework in 3.0, skill duration does not affect poisons anymore, unless it's applied by Viper Strike.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
This is a very good build and i really enjoy it.

Managed to craft finaly a weapon :d BIS for what i take and changed from original.. hope u like it :P.

Spoiler

Still need an empower 4 for lvl 30 Anger and still missing helm enchant. those are my next upgrades.

Btw with all this fire dmg i still dont have problem on elemental reflect map :D.

Last edited by skaye123 on Oct 14, 2018, 3:10:45 PM
i am probably better off leveling a new build but i was wondering what off hand 6L range weapon can we throw into the build to make it be able to deal with boss challenges ?

am trying to run delve boss kurgal to get the challenge not get hit by the beams. getting into melee range is really difficult for that challenge.

i was thinking 6L quill toxic rain/caustic arrow since it will stack our poisons and leech?
Last edited by niteblane on Oct 14, 2018, 11:44:27 PM
Thank you very much for sharing your build.
I did all contents with this buuild and this is my pob link.
https://pastebin.com/r13cMZbZ
please take a look at this and help me imporving.
and about flask, dying sun or atziri's promise? which one would be better one for this build?

p.s I don't think i need enfeeble so i got rid of it and put enduring cry.
+ wither setup is on boots so i can swap with kaom's roots anytime.
Last edited by jameschangedmyname on Oct 16, 2018, 3:36:53 AM
currently on this build, +fire damage to attacks is better than +physical damage on attacks for damage boost in my opinion and for crafting claw, if I use corroded fossil to make "60% chance for poisons inflicted with this weapon to deal 100% mroe damage" on i, but if I do so I can't get elemental modifiers which means I can't get fire damage on claw. Even if I use corroded + scorched fossils crafting right? (did try and fire damage never showed up)
Any tips to get over this matter? I want to have both mods on my claw along with attack speed or faster attack for the bis

I know what you mean... Is hard to get because no element from poison fossil dosent let u get it directly. You can craft with aberant + corroded fossil and hopping for added chaos dmg roll instead for some extra dmg but it doesent get bonuses from elemental dmg gear etc. Or simply with corroded fossil an exalt after.. i got really lucky with my claw.
Only 72 and still leveling, but man.... this build is powerful! Still using the wasp nest and it's still ridiculous. The poison ramp up is insane!! 10/10 build
"
skaye123 wrote:
This is a very good build and i really enjoy it.

Managed to craft finaly a weapon :d BIS for what i take and changed from original.. hope u like it :P.

Spoiler

Still need an empower 4 for lvl 30 Anger and still missing helm enchant. those are my next upgrades.

Btw with all this fire dmg i still dont have problem on elemental reflect map :D.

Well, I'm not gonna disagree with you lol. It's really hard to get something better.

"
niteblane wrote:
i am probably better off leveling a new build but i was wondering what off hand 6L range weapon can we throw into the build to make it be able to deal with boss challenges ?

am trying to run delve boss kurgal to get the challenge not get hit by the beams. getting into melee range is really difficult for that challenge.

i was thinking 6L quill toxic rain/caustic arrow since it will stack our poisons and leech?
I haven't looked at ranged poison too much but as far as I know the best weapon for damage is a good poison fossil craft.
Quill Rain is the second best in terms of pure damage, but due to the attack speed you'll also get more poison duration and life on hit.

Caustic Arrow, Toxic Rain, Barrage or Tornado Shot all work as skills, but I don't know if you'd be able to deal enough damage with the same skill tree, since you'd be missing some bow nodes and accuracy.

I managed to do the challenge with melee but don't remember how anymore, I believe you can just wait it out until he does the beam?

"
Thank you very much for sharing your build.
I did all contents with this buuild and this is my pob link.
https://pastebin.com/r13cMZbZ
please take a look at this and help me imporving.
and about flask, dying sun or atziri's promise? which one would be better one for this build?

p.s I don't think i need enfeeble so i got rid of it and put enduring cry.
+ wither setup is on boots so i can swap with kaom's roots anytime.
Dying Sun's effectiveness depends on the amount of projectiles you already have, but keep it mind that it also adds poison duration and lgoh.
If you have 14 projectiles and get 2 extra from DS, you'll have 14.3% more.
If you only have 10, DS will give you 20% more.
I think I'd rather pick Atziri's because you don't get the max res from DS with a Loreweave. It doesn't seem worth the currency in your case.

I wouldn't recommend Sin's Rebirth, Unholy Might just doesn't to enough to justify a flask slot here.
The rest of the gear is pretty amazing, what I can still realistically recommend are the helmet enchant (on it's own it's better than -max), an amulet with non-chaos added as extra chaos damage, a better claw and maybe corrupted Volkuur's.
Also don't forget the blind jewel :p

"
currently on this build, +fire damage to attacks is better than +physical damage on attacks for damage boost in my opinion and for crafting claw, if I use corroded fossil to make "60% chance for poisons inflicted with this weapon to deal 100% mroe damage" on i, but if I do so I can't get elemental modifiers which means I can't get fire damage on claw. Even if I use corroded + scorched fossils crafting right? (did try and fire damage never showed up)
Any tips to get over this matter? I want to have both mods on my claw along with attack speed or faster attack for the bis
Increased Physical > Chaos ≈ Fire > Added Physical

Remember that Toxic Delivery grants 20% of phys as extra chaos damage.
And as skaye123 said, fire isn't obtainable anymore without exalting.

The best crafting method imo is to Corroded (for the poison mod) + Aberrant (to increase the likeliness of poison/added chaos).

That way you can get 2 mods that are better than or equal to fire as prefixes.
You can check this link to get an idea of the crafting:
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Claw
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

The best crafting method imo is to Corroded (for the poison mod) + Aberrant (to increase the likeliness of poison/added chaos).

That way you can get 2 mods that are better than or equal to fire as prefixes.
You can check this link to get an idea of the crafting:
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Claw

What base is best to craft? Itemlevel? Elder/shaper/normal?
"
Ripjol wrote:
What base is best to craft? Itemlevel? Elder/shaper/normal?
Ilvl 83+ Elder Imperial Claw

Elder has one amazing (lgoh against blinded enemies) and two good (poison chance & blind) mods, the only drawback is that you're less likely to get T1/T2 attack speed.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 16, 2018, 4:07:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info