[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Well done on the build first of all. I am playing a Pathfinder version of this and it is probably my strongest build yet. I did a build guide specifically for PF if anyone is interested. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2233853
I didn't use any words like "Insane" or "Deathless Uber Elder" in the title so it may go overlooked by most.
Last edited by Kuronin on Oct 7, 2018, 2:04:57 PM
Might be a dumb idea, but what's your thoughts on 2 socket lightpoacher for the helm? With the +life and chaos DMG jewels, I feel like it ccould possibly outperform unique or some elder helms.
Or is it not worth it cause I'll be losing links and only have cwdt-immortal (for Uber since I'm wearing loans roots)
"
Galadedrid wrote:

These are really annoying to make, and at the end of it I honestly don't know if either is better than Wasp's Nest.
The first one is a lot better than Wasp, second one probably not.

"
Kuronin wrote:
Well done on the build first of all. I am playing a Pathfinder version of this and it is probably my strongest build yet. I did a build guide specifically for PF if anyone is interested. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2233853
I didn't use any words like "Insane" or "Deathless Uber Elder" in the title so it may go overlooked by most.
Looks alright. I saw you mentioned Haemophilia (their explosion can actually poison).
When I tried them I had huge performance issues, did you experience the same with those or the poison spreding from PF?
I would still have another look at Lycosidae, by the way. The reason you're dealing more damage dual-wielding is because you've invested into accuracy and are using DW passives.

"
mehqntldoql wrote:
Might be a dumb idea, but what's your thoughts on 2 socket lightpoacher for the helm? With the +life and chaos DMG jewels, I feel like it ccould possibly outperform unique or some elder helms.
Or is it not worth it cause I'll be losing links and only have cwdt-immortal (for Uber since I'm wearing loans roots)
Depends on the jewels that you can get. If you have two good ones you can make it comparable to Starkonja's.

You can always make place for gems, though it is an opportunity cost. I'd probably leave out the golem, which means you also lose 9% AS.

The best helmet right now is a fossil craft with -9% chaos res, high life and resists.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 8, 2018, 8:37:47 AM
"
Looks alright. I saw you mentioned Haemophilia (their explosion can actually poison).
When I tried them I had huge performance issues, did you experience the same with those or the poison spreding from PF?
I would still have another look at Lycosidae, by the way. The reason you're dealing more damage dual-wielding is because you've invested into accuracy and are using DW passives.

To be honest I didn't try them with this build specifically, and I wouldn't give them up over the more defensive Fenamus' unless I was farming lower level delves, maybe Depth 300 or so. But, then at that point everything is dead fast enough anyway. As far as lycosidae, I just ran PoB where I removed the accuracy from my rings and amulet, and while it is still a large DPS drop, I wouldn't say it would not be worth it for the added defensive bonus, which at this point in delving is probably the bottleneck. I think if I respecced into crit then Lycosidae becomes more of a contender DPS wise, but without doing a full PoB analysis I think Pathfinder is better off without going crit since it doesn't get Assassins crit numbers in ascendancy.

"
mehqntldoql wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
Depends on the jewels that you can get. If you have two good ones you can make it comparable to Starkonja's.

You can always make place for gems, though it is an opportunity cost. I'd probably leave out the golem, which means you also lose 9% AS.

The best helmet right now is a fossil craft with -9% chaos res, high life and resists.

I am using light poacher with 2x abyss for the pathfinder's version of this build. Granted that is because it was the best helm I could afford with "added molten strike projectiles". I paid 2 ex and I feel like that was a bargain. I agree withe SHEPUUURD on the fossil helm, but I think any non-mirrored helm with "added MS projectiles" is going be expensive. As far as direct comparison to Starkonja, you could get 2 x 5% IAS and 45ish life abyss jewels and you've now made up the difference with the added bonus of all resists.

Last edited by Kuronin on Oct 8, 2018, 2:40:54 PM
https://imgur.com/a/XgC7fP4

big thanks to your advice! I spent the whole day farming delve to get the currency to buy the +3 enchant helm.
With the new +3 enchant i84+ elder helm with -9% chaos, along with my "new" claw, I was able to breeze through the Uber elder.

Honestly, I am beyond surprised by the amount of difference the helm made. I am still terrible at dodging, so I was only able to defeat the uber elder with one portal remaining (i had one more portal to go back and pick up the loot)

What I found funny was that instead of immediately respawning to the town, I waited about 2-3s, for the poison to lower the shaper/elder's hp. Quite significant amount goes down and it was pretty hilarious to see.

Anyhow, I feel like I can easily uber elder once I learn to dodge better. Thank you so much for your guide and the advice! I had a lot of fun this league and can't wait to try a deathless uber elder
Last edited by mehqntldoql on Oct 9, 2018, 1:22:45 AM
"
mehqntldoql wrote:
Honestly, I am beyond surprised by the amount of difference the helm made. I am still terrible at dodging, so I was only able to defeat the uber elder with one portal remaining (i had one more portal to go back and pick up the loot)
All of the changes together probably gave you like 50% extra damage.
That's a pretty large difference, I had a similiar change in my two Uber videos.

Anyway, congrats on the kill.
Builds and Guides:

https://pastebin.com/7v2Zua61 - With Dendrobate
https://pastebin.com/eSwYqf7j - Without Dendrobate and better flasks

Damage is not impressive. Deep delves are dangerous since you don't delete enemies in 1 hit. Elder portals are incredibly resistant to Chaos and poison.

I cant think of anything else I can add to this build (other than expensive flasks). I'm running despair on hit, envy aura, determination for block chance (with watcher's eye), and discipline for Energy Shield on Hit (Watcher's eye). I've never died to anything other than a 1 shot. grand total I have 6.8k life & 2.2k energy shield. Near max block. Freeze and Shock immune (247 Str, 258 Int, 359 Dex). With Sin's Birth I'd be ignite immune also.

If there's a way to get more upfront damage, let me know. It's possible to kill everything in the game, but it's not nearly as smooth as other builds.

Forgot to add: I exalt slammed the +4 Life Gain on kill on the Claw and +8 Dex on the Ring... feels good.

Editted: Crafted a - Chaos Helm
Last edited by PUCivilEngineer on Oct 11, 2018, 9:44:58 AM
"

https://pastebin.com/7v2Zua61 - With Dendrobate
https://pastebin.com/eSwYqf7j - Without Dendrobate and better flasks

Damage is not impressive. Deep delves are dangerous since you don't delete enemies in 1 hit. Elder portals are incredibly resistant to Chaos and poison.

I cant think of anything else I can add to this build (other than expensive flasks & a lucky - Chaos Resist Helm). I'm running despair on hit, envy aura, determination for block chance (with watcher's eye), and discipline for Energy Shield on Hit (Watcher's eye). I've never died to anything other than a 1 shot. grand total I have 6.6k life & 2.2k energy shield. Near max block. Freeze and Shock immune (247 Str, 258 Int, 359 Dex). With Sin's Birth I'd be ignite immune also.

If there's a way to get more upfront damage, let me know. It's possible to kill everything in the game, but it's not nearly as smooth as other builds.

Forgot to add: I exalt slammed the +4 Life Gain on kill on the Claw and +8 Dex on the Ring... feels good.
If you're going out of your way to get 10k EHP, nearly max block and 21k armour, you should also expect to deal a lot less damage.

Without telling you to majorly change your character, the best way to get more direct damage for you would probably to swap GMP for either Void Manipulation or Deadly Ailments.

I don't anticipate my direct hits to deal any significant damage at all because I'm completely scaling poison, but even with the way you're building, I'd probably still use a Coralito's for single target DPS.

I wouldn't bother with ignite immunity, there's only one enemy in the entire game that does noticable ignite damage and that is The Enslaver.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 9, 2018, 12:12:07 PM
just wanna give you a big thank you for this build, i smashed all gurdians (phönix was a pane died 3 times, because i didnt dodged his explosin). First Shaper try i sucked totally, but thats on my side! Then i bought a second full-set and died only 2 times! Gems arent even lvl 20, except added chaos 21. Also iam only lvl 87 sitting arround 6k life and have life notes to go! In the end i always come back to molten strike and this time with a new twist. Defently gonna min-max this build, the blind on the abyss jewel is fantastic! anny advice what to upgrade?

Spoiler
Any thoughts on these claws?

Was thinking to annul the int but annul curse, added attack speed.
Last edited by commonjunks on Oct 10, 2018, 11:05:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info