[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Are claws like the one you linked even obtainable?

I get 0 results when searching for claws with "% chains for poison to do 100% more damage" and "adds x to x fire damage".

I searched for offline too.

How you get that lol, or is there a bug with search on trade?

I tried this on both poe.trade and the official site, same result.

Anyways, I just bought this claw, I think it is better for me than Wasp's Nest, despite me being Volkuur's and it having "adds x to x chaos damage", correct me if I'm wrong.

"
Boloso wrote:
just wanna give you a big thank you for this build, i smashed all gurdians (phönix was a pane died 3 times, because i didnt dodged his explosin). First Shaper try i sucked totally, but thats on my side! Then i bought a second full-set and died only 2 times! Gems arent even lvl 20, except added chaos 21. Also iam only lvl 87 sitting arround 6k life and have life notes to go! In the end i always come back to molten strike and this time with a new twist. Defently gonna min-max this build, the blind on the abyss jewel is fantastic! anny advice what to upgrade?

Spoiler
Looks really good already to be honest
A better claw, -chaos resist helmet or non-chaos as chaos amulet are all things you could still consider.

"
commonjunks wrote:
Any thoughts on these claws?

Was thinking to annul the int but annul curse, added attack speed.
Armageddon Fang is pretty good, Morbid Hunger not so much.
If you don't have the poison damage mod you basically need a mirror tier claw to compete with Wasp Nest.

"
rgnrfg wrote:
Are claws like the one you linked even obtainable?

I get 0 results when searching for claws with "% chains for poison to do 100% more damage" and "adds x to x fire damage".

I searched for offline too.

How you get that lol, or is there a bug with search on trade?

I tried this on both poe.trade and the official site, same result.

Anyways, I just bought this claw, I think it is better for me than Wasp's Nest, despite me being Volkuur's and it having "adds x to x chaos damage", correct me if I'm wrong.

After I've gotten my claw there were some changes to fossil crafting - I don't think you can get fire damage anymore when using a corroded fossil unless you exalt it afterwards.

That said, fire damage is actually the worst damage type you could get even with Volkuur's. Physical and Chaos can both get higher rolls.

The Claw is much better than Wasp Nest.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 10, 2018, 7:12:46 PM
"
After I've gotten my claw there were some changes to fossil crafting - I don't think you can get fire damage anymore when using a corroded fossil unless you exalt it afterwards.

That said, fire damage is actually the worst damage type you could get even with Volkuur's. Physical and Chaos can both get higher rolls.

The Claw is much better than Wasp Nest.

True, interesting.

I actually switched to running Fenumus' Weave because I came across quite a nice helm for only 4 ex.

It is mirrored with 3R1G, so I switched my CWDT setup from using Enfeeble to using Temp Chains, which works well enough it seems.

Well, I managed to kill The Shaper for my first time at the first try thanks to this build. I was able even to facetank the beam xD

My final gear:

Last edited by Trevix on Oct 12, 2018, 3:18:01 PM
so i craft 3 amulets, any thoughts which one would suit best?

"
Trevix wrote:
Well, I managed to kill The Shaper for my first time at the first try thanks to this build. I was able even to facetank the beam xD
Quick note, there's a curse limit of 1 and it doesn't look like you have a source of +1 curses.

Your Enfeeble gets overwritten by Despair, so it would be better to swap it for Increased Duration.

"
commonjunks wrote:
so i craft 3 amulets, any thoughts which one would suit best?

Out of these 3, Armageddon Torc is the best, then Death Heart, then Fate Braid.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Uber Elder down :)

I died twice because of stupid mistakes though.

(Yes I picked up and ID'd the Indigon, and then dropped it again so it looked good lol)

PS: quick question, what is the best boot enchant in your opinion for Fenumus Weave build? chaos dmg after being crit?

Thanks for the guide :)
Last edited by rgnrfg on Oct 12, 2018, 10:43:23 PM
I've made a couple of fun builds this league, but fuck it, this looks real fun! I have the wasp, thief, tabula, and maybe a 6l colored right to start and a wee bit of currency so I'll give it a shot. I like the uniqueness of this. Does it do ok in delves? Sorry for not siphoning through the 60+ pages as I'm sure it's been answered.
"
I've made a couple of fun builds this league, but fuck it, this looks real fun! I have the wasp, thief, tabula, and maybe a 6l colored right to start and a wee bit of currency so I'll give it a shot. I like the uniqueness of this. Does it do ok in delves? Sorry for not siphoning through the 60+ pages as I'm sure it's been answered.

in my experience it does alright in delves, but it is not the best. it's certainly not anywhere close to bad, it's just not the best, know what i mean?

i say this in relation to the similarly geared CI toxic rain occultist i have with 12k es - hard to beat that for things like delves.

however, it is fan-fucking-tastic at boss fights, and it definitely is not shabby in delves, just not the best like i said.
Great Build, was great fun to play, its very strong and highly versatile.

Did deathless solo Uber Elder and Uber Atziri with Voolkur Version, what shows just how strong this build is. At 95 atm, not sure if I can get myself to the grind of any further level :D. Maybe I buy the Fenumus' Weave, respect and try that *g*.

Also the build guide -> Great work !

Just wanted to thank you for sharing it and give some personal notes on my experiences as mostly solo player.

Some Personal Hints / Observations for solo play:

+3 Molten Strike Enchant:
Nice, but not 9ex nice. So i just took the +40% Damage for like 50C on a Sharkonja. More than enough to do all content.

Solo (Delving / Bossing / Survivability)
Found that the combination of Arctic Armour + Herald of Purity, linked to culling strike + whatever (e.g. Blind) is giving you a ton of defence and helps to smooth the levelling process and boss fights. Anger is better in DPS and for group play though.

Commandment of Reflection also is a very nice enchant, get one if you can. Much better than any damage one on the gloves.

Squeeze in a Vaal Grace as a "Oh Shit" button, saved my life in delving so often.

Equipment
There are elder boots with "supported by level 15 duration" that come with a nice little addon:"Increased duration of skills" <- This means, also poison duration. (didn't got that update ^^)

A better Claw than a good rolled Wasp Nest is hard to find, did my first uber elder with Wasp. Was good enough. So don`t mind if you cant find a better one. Was lucky enough to find a rare one for sale later.

Attack speed is king, as with most meelee builds, so look for a 20+ Attack Speed Claw.

Elder rings that are ok are actually not that hard to craft by simple chaos spamming on a good 83+ base.

Atziri`s Flask is very helpfull to give you a nice damage boost and some chaos resist

Sin`s Rebirth: 1ex but worth it

Skill Tree
I took another jewel nodes as jewels are just OP

Skipped the poison wheel on the lower end and took all the life nodes instead, damage loss is minor as you still have 100+% to poison

On the Claw wheel you can save 2 skill points with minor drawbacks if you go from poisonous fangs directly to claw of the magpie

Overall Summary
This is an A++ Build, fun to play, fun to level, can do all content, very powerful, feels good. You can get it very decent for like 2ex in total. Beginner friendly and great guide.

So, pretty sure a nerf is incoming for molten strike :D as GGG never allows builds like this to live long.

Cheers!

Last edited by Rascalor on Oct 14, 2018, 5:34:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info