[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Thx for ur job :)
How do you think this build will handle delves? Just I am thinking of this for my league starter.
have to replace lycosidae with Magna Eclipsis to get the +2 level to the new herald?
Are you sure withering touch is not worth consideration? Like you said, it frees up 4 gems, so you can use them to link up the Herald of Agony which should provide ample damage, right?
IGN: Interloper
"
Purdurabo12 wrote:
How do you think this build will handle delves? Just I am thinking of this for my league starter.
I can't tell that until I know how they work exactly.
This build does scale really well into infinite content, but it's possible that there could be some disadvantages to DoT skills, like in Incursion.

"
Extremo_X wrote:
have to replace lycosidae with Magna Eclipsis to get the +2 level to the new herald?
Removing Lycosidae would make you lose 25% of your damage. Wouldn't do that unless there's some really insane new shield.

"
Infiltrator wrote:
Are you sure withering touch is not worth consideration? Like you said, it frees up 4 gems, so you can use them to link up the Herald of Agony which should provide ample damage, right?
If you can make make room in your mana pool without dropping anything important, then that would work, yeah.
For instance, you could use a Witchfire Brew for the curse, or equip an Impresence.

...actually, if you use a WB you should also have enough free gem slots.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
If you can make make room in your mana pool without dropping anything important, then that would work, yeah.
For instance, you could use a Witchfire Brew for the curse, or equip an Impresence.

...actually, if you use a WB you should also have enough free gem slots.

Great idea, and the HoA would arguably help with the aspect this build is a bit bad at - trash clearspeed, as you can see on your videos, you hit the monsters a bit, then run forward to the next pack, but the previous one dies offscreen and you have to walk back and pick items up. Witchbrew and the Herald of Agony would hopefully speed things to the point where packs die much more quickly and there's no backtracking.
Last edited by Infiltrator on Aug 29, 2018, 5:47:49 PM
About Withering Touch:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this skill doesn't appear to have a stack limit. Your current build (Fenimus Weave) can put out up to 390 balls per second. If you drop the Wither Totem for Ancestral Protector, it increases to about 470 balls per second.

If you hit a boss with only 60 of those balls every second with a 25% proc rate, you'd maintain 30 stacks, double the max of the Wither Totem.

Again, I could be wrong. It seems worth it, and it'd definitely help with clear speed.
"
Qabal wrote:
About Withering Touch:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this skill doesn't appear to have a stack limit. Your current build (Fenimus Weave) can put out up to 390 balls per second. If you drop the Wither Totem for Ancestral Protector, it increases to about 470 balls per second.

If you hit a boss with only 60 of those balls every second with a 25% proc rate, you'd maintain 30 stacks, double the max of the Wither Totem.

Again, I could be wrong. It seems worth it, and it'd definitely help with clear speed.
Very sure it's going to work exactly like Wither.
Just for reference, it doesn't show the increased damage taken either.
If it somehow doesn't have a cap it'll be the most broken thing since Legacy Vinktar.

PS:
Numbers on Agony Crawler look ridiculous wtf. If it holds up to that, it might be worth 4-linking.
My major concern with it is it's AI and movement speed at higger levels.
Builds and Guides:
The aoe and speed of its attacks is so wide and frequent I wouldn't worry about the AI much. I chechked the video again and it attacks from afar as well so even if you move ahead you won't lose out from what I can tell.

There is a consideration to the linking though because you want the spider's aspect (25%) along with the linked crawler and some leftover mana to work with so I'd say at most the 4 link can go is 70%.
Last edited by Infiltrator on Aug 30, 2018, 2:01:47 AM
"
Infiltrator wrote:
The aoe and speed of its attacks is so wide and frequent I wouldn't worry about the AI much. I chechked the video again and it attacks from afar as well so even if you move ahead you won't lose out from what I can tell.

There is a consideration to the linking though because you want the spider's aspect (25%) along with the linked crawler and some leftover mana to work with so I'd say at most the 4 link can go is 70%.
HoA - Vicious Projectiles - Minion Damage - Pierce
would result in a reservation of 43%. If you swap Pierce for GMP it goes up to 65%.

Another issue I was just thinking about is accuracy. Most minions have a horrible base acc that results in a ~60% hit chance.
The new accuracy nodes are all on the left side and this build can't use the new gloves since the slot is already taken.
There isn't any efficient way for this build to get it, so we kinda have to hope for it to have good accuracy :x
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Aug 30, 2018, 5:36:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info