[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
asa193 wrote:
What do you think about using new aura Herald of Agony instead of Arctic armor? Does this new pet from aura will have damage boost from poisons skill points? Or we will know this only with patch notes?

I don't think it scales with poison the gem doesn't have poison as a key word. only Spell, Herald, minion. but i still think it might be good to look at since with this build we apply a lot of poison fast. might be worth using if you don't have aspect of the spider also.
"
asa193 wrote:
What do you think about using new aura Herald of Agony instead of Arctic armor? Does this new pet from aura will have damage boost from poisons skill points? Or we will know this only with patch notes?
That's what I was planning to do on the Fenumus version.
For Volkuur's I'm not sure yet, I'll have to wait for the exact numbers on the skill and what else is to be added.

The pet will only scale with minion passives and items. However due to the way Virulence works it's both inefficient and unnecessary to get those (on this build).

The only way you could scale it well is with gems, which would increase the mana reservation. It's usually impossible to tell how good minions are until you can try them out, which is why I probably won't link it to anything in the guide. (Although the addition of Withering Touch could change my opinion)
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Aug 26, 2018, 12:43:32 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
asa193 wrote:
That's what I was planning to do on the Fenumus version.
For Volkuur's I'm not sure yet, I'll have to wait for the exact numbers on the skill and what else is to be added.

The pet will only scale with minion passives and items. However due to the way Virulence works it's both inefficient and unnecessary to get those (on this build).

The only way you could scale it well is with gems, which would increase the mana reservation. It's usually impossible to tell how good minions are until you can try them out, which is why I probably won't link it to anything in the guide. (Although the addition of Withering Touch could change my opinion)

Thanks for the answer=)
Yo!

What do you think about Pathfinder rework? The Master Toxist with 100% more poison dmg sems to be really good!
"
Brenovisky wrote:
Yo!

What do you think about Pathfinder rework? The Master Toxist with 100% more poison dmg sems to be really good!
PF is pretty nice, but I still think Assassin is much better for this build.

I'll do a detailed comparison once the patch hits, so you can decide for yourself.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Aug 28, 2018, 4:44:25 PM
How do you think the changes to Fatal Toxins and Toxic strikes will affect the build? 80% poison dmg decrease.
"
Xemos27 wrote:
How do you think the changes to Fatal Toxins and Toxic strikes will affect the build? 80% poison dmg decrease.

Did you account for the increased chaos damage added instead in that 80% reduction?

PoB has updated with new tree data, damage looks pretty much the same.
Last edited by remnantSiX on Aug 28, 2018, 10:48:46 PM
Yeah damage went up a bit actually. Well POB update solved my question. lol
"
Xemos27 wrote:
Yeah damage went up a bit actually. Well POB update solved my question. lol

Yeah only really change will be how wither is applied. I imagine switching to an ancestral protector setup as its now attack based in application. Which, if wording of new withering touch works the same as old wither when applied, is another buff.
Last edited by remnantSiX on Aug 28, 2018, 11:57:15 PM
I'm done with the update, tree changes add around 6% more damage at the same level. Add the bonus from level 20 HoA on top and that's the buffed damage.
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info