[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
sufferot wrote:
"
Quick question:
I thought about using a Wise Oak, I assume for the damage it wouldnt matter if Cold or Fire res is the highest?

Fire res should be highest, cause you don't do any cold damage with AoF

Ok thanks for the quick answer. I still sometimes get confused when damage gets converted, makes sense though since the actual damage we're dealing is pure fire.
So has there been any update on any kind of accurate DPS calculator for Icestorm?

So far I've been using Path of Buildings effective DPS to grab the damage for each icicle and plugging that into the super old Firestorm Calculator to get a rough estimate, but, I have no idea if that calculator is even close to being accurate since it's so old, or even if it was accurate when it was new.
Hi Kel

Gz to the 40 archievment.
I dont know how do do that.:-)
was 3 days away so i post now.

found only 2 beast bosses, dont get a corrupted essence since ove 80 trys
this time i dont like the archievments. for me to much luck or stupid playing.

i try now to get uber elder but think i cant kill them. i there a posibility that
someone helps if i get him to t16?
"
Zephryl wrote:
So has there been any update on any kind of accurate DPS calculator for Icestorm?

So far I've been using Path of Buildings effective DPS to grab the damage for each icicle and plugging that into the super old Firestorm Calculator to get a rough estimate, but, I have no idea if that calculator is even close to being accurate since it's so old, or even if it was accurate when it was new.

I haven't seen anything since the old Firestorm calc. Can only judge it approximately by looking at how fast the bosses lose hp in the videos. You can see their actual hp in PoEdb. For example, the Shaper has 20 mil hp, and you can see him go from 100% to 50% in my video in about 7 sec, so that's something like 1.4 mil DPS vs an uberboss.
I am not sure how costly is talisman in standard, but in bestiary it quite cheap now and accessible.
2-3 week ago I bought this for 1 ex
it much better than an astramentis.
then yesterday, I bought this
for 5c and it slightly better than the previous. (I chose this because of all res)
So I think a perfect talisman with 16% altribute + ~40 int + something useful. would outperform astramentis.
btw, can belive that I manage to balance my res again with the same piece,
XD
The most frustrating part of replacing Atramentis with a Talisman is that you still need enough in your other stats... But, if you can do that... you don't even need a particularly great talisman.

I picked up this one for 2 chaos:

Which I used to replace my
, note that it's a perfect roll Astra, and I gained 105 more Int, 265 Energy Shield, and around 420 more tooltip DPS (In Town).

Edit:

Kelvynn, do you know what your tooltip DPS was during the Shaper fight? Should be able to roughly guesstimate mine by comparing the tooltip DPS since all the other DPS factors should be about the same.
Last edited by Zephryl on Apr 17, 2018, 1:28:42 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
Kelvynn, do you know what your tooltip DPS was during the Shaper fight? Should be able to roughly guesstimate mine by comparing the tooltip DPS since all the other DPS factors should be about the same.

I don't remember what the tooltip was, but there is a PoB snapshot in the description of each video. You can try going for similar PoB damage numbers.
Finally last night managed to get to 40/40 challenges after killing 150 Shaper Guardians. It's first time for me when i am able to reach 40/40 challenges in a league , it was very tedious (especially 1500 Augmented maps) but i am glad i was able to do it.

For the last challenge had to chose between running 100 Uber Labs or killing 150 Shaper Guardians in T16 maps. Since i don't like Lab too much and this char is not the fastest Lab runner i decided to go for 150 Shaper Guardians

This build can do all Guardians easily even with very rippy mods on T16 maps so that's why i chosed Guardians. Started the last push from 70 Guardians done and with about 17xT16 maps in stash managed to reach 150 with only buying 2xT16 maps during this farm session. All Guardian maps were alc+chisels+chaos reroll for 85-90 quantity + min 25% monster pack and i added to all of them 1 random red sextant + bloodline Zana mod (3 chaos). Barely used Atziri fragments for 5-6 maps which were rolling lower in quantity , but with this setup i was able to almost chain 80 T16 maps starting from those 17 T16 maps i had (including Elder Haunted Mansion)

Conclusion : This build with decent gear can do everything in this game and on top of that can do all those 40 challenges , as Kelvynn also did before me.

It may not be the fastest build out there but it shines were other builds fail (doing high level maps with very dangerous mods , not re-rolling any map because of dangerous mods was for me the highest satisfaction i could get , hello gone elemental reflect :), even cant leech mod being doable due to Watcher's Eye jewel with ES gain on hit)

No i have to run those ~32 Shaper sets i stashed + 5 Uber Atziri sets which i got while killing 100 Atziri , i hope for some decent loot :)

Thanks again Kelvynn for one of the best iteration of this build , if not the best since it was created!

Last Guardian kill screenshot :)

Totem from hideout for reaching 40/40 challenges

Fun fact : I even corrupted 3 parts of my gear using Bestiary craft :

P.S. My maps stash after finishing last T16 Guardian , shows that all those crying babies from forums and Reddit that continuously go with " omg you can't sustain high level maps in this league cause they nerfed the number of mobs !" are talkin bullshit

Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 17, 2018, 2:34:28 PM
Grats! :)

Well, you can't really sustain T16 - that's been the difference for me. In all previous leagues my T16 pool was always growing, I would drop more than 1 T16 map on average per a T16 map clear. In 3.2 I was forced to buy them for the first time in over a year. For this build the problem is only with T16 because we can clear virtually anything with any mods. Most other builds can't do that, so they run maps with lower rolls, get lower returns and encounter the sustainability problem in lower tiers. But GGG definitely nerfed something about the map drops in 3.2.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2018, 5:29:57 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:

P.S. My maps stash after finishing last T16 Guardian , shows that all those crying babies from forums and Reddit that continuously go with " omg you can't sustain high level maps in this league cause they nerfed the number of mobs !" are talkin bullshit

The people who complain will always complain and make excuses. People like you will adapt and still succeed. Nice work on 40/40 and everything else !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info