[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Very solid build once again! Have done merciless lab at lvl 57, jumping adds are annoing , boss was piece of cake! Gona keep progress and see what is behind next door :)
"
NoImagination wrote:
Bit offtopic, but I figure this thread has a lot of practice pricing 'wrong' corruptions on Coils. Which other builds use them? Is this good?

Looks like a good all-around belt for any life based build. Tons of life, immunity to 1 or 2 ailments, some extra damage. Should be plenty of builds that can benefit from it.
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
I had no idea that corrupting a ring could get you two implicits. I thought you had to use the temple corruption chamber to do that!

Where is this information listed, that we now have new corrupted affixes available for rings? (I assume we weren't able to do this in previous leagues!)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Orb#List_of_item_corrupted_implicit_modifiers

It's 1 mod, but there are 2 such mods (Int+Str and Int+Dex).

the benefit from altar is you can get both implizits and so in best case 12 % int. I saw 2 people in reddit showing that. But its not in price reach for normal people. :-(

The chance of getting both of those mods is something like 1/500, I did the math earlier in the thread. I'm using my Altars on Astras now, because there are other useful mods that you can get on an amulet, so the chance of getting a good 2-mod combo is higher there.
May i ask why CWDT 10 Immortal 12 golems 12? thx for answer
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Oooohhhh booooyyyyyyyy!!! Look what just randomly happened at the Altar of Corruption...

GG GGG!

GZ :-)

The luck is shining on you. thats ok. On the other side i wont know how many astramentis that cost.

About 30 attempts. I was doing them more actively (chaining aqueducts) earlier and got one with an Int mod in about 20 tries. After achieving my gearing goals I switched to league grind challenges (shaper/elder influence and lv 75+ temples) but kept doing Astras any time I'd get the Altar. And this one happened in about 10 tries. Yeah, that's a lot of luck.

Half of the time they poof or brick, you lose the currency spent on it. Half of the other half nothing happens ('white sockets', but there are no sockets) and you can simply sell that Astra for the same price you bought it, maybe 1-2c lower. And the remaining quarter of the time you get 2 mods that usually sell well (for some mods you get slightly more than you bought it for, for others you can get multiple exalts). I was definitely making a profit when i was doing it.

Astras with decent stats were 20-25c for a very long time, and now by the middle of the league they are 25-35c. But the price doesn't really matter because you can sell them for a price based on the initial price. It's just the time investment. You can spend your time on many things, this is one of the options. I would say it's worth doing until you get a good Astra for yourself.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 9, 2018, 1:15:40 PM
"
Hey Kelvynn, I'm a big fan of your build, played it a couple of seasons ago and now I wanted to play your build again. I have even invested a few EX in my character, sometimes well not so good and wanted to ask you how I can come to almost 10,000 lives?

2nd question:
I always have big problems in maps or bosses, I get a lot of damage in and die regularly. When I watch your videos like this, you just stand on the boss (facetank) and kill him instantly. Unfortunately, that's not possible with me. : / Maybe you have some tips for me what I can change so that everything works properly?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KTOFL/characters

If you have time, you could look at my character profile. I would be very happy.

ps: sorry for my bad English, German to English Translate :D

You are lv 73. Get to lv 90 and you'll have 8.5-9k ES. And then it's about upgrading and min-maxing. But it will matter only for Uber Elder. Or making T16/Shaper super easy instead of 'just easy'. Level your gems too.

I can't check your Pantheon, but it's very important. Make sure you are using the Brine King and Tukohama. Upgrade the Brine King, all those extra things on it are VERY good. And make sure your resists are maxed.

Gear: 11% Cyclopean Coil with 4% corrupt mod - I hope you didn't pay more than 25c for it. It's basically the same exact thing as a 15% uncorrupted one.

Boots without ms... Good boots, but no ms will hurt in the Incursions.

Gloves with no resists. They should have at least one 40%+ res mod, ideally two.

Overall, you are fine for lv 73 and shouldn't be dying anywhere lower than red maps. Unless your Pantheon is wrong or resists are messed up.
"
NoImagination wrote:
The reason we can facetank most bosses is a) vigilant strike, and b) watcher's eye. You are missing the former, but it's very good. You run up to a boss, thunk him in the face with your staff, and get huge defence bonusses. The latter gives you up to 30 ES per hit, and makes you MUCH safer.

Watcher's Eye is totally not the reason we can facetank bosses. This build has been facetanking everything way before that item was created. It's nice to have, but its main strength is QoL for mapping. Against a single target its effect isn't that big.

Damage mitigation and leech are the reasons why we can facetank bosses.
"
Dæmonit wrote:
May i ask why CWDT 10 Immortal 12 golems 12? thx for answer

Because that's when Chaos golem gets 4% phys mitigation.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Hey Kelvynn, I'm a big fan of your build, played it a couple of seasons ago and now I wanted to play your build again. I have even invested a few EX in my character, sometimes well not so good and wanted to ask you how I can come to almost 10,000 lives?

2nd question:
I always have big problems in maps or bosses, I get a lot of damage in and die regularly. When I watch your videos like this, you just stand on the boss (facetank) and kill him instantly. Unfortunately, that's not possible with me. : / Maybe you have some tips for me what I can change so that everything works properly?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KTOFL/characters

If you have time, you could look at my character profile. I would be very happy.

ps: sorry for my bad English, German to English Translate :D

You are lv 73. Get to lv 90 and you'll have 8.5-9k ES. And then it's about upgrading and min-maxing. But it will matter only for Uber Elder. Or making T16/Shaper super easy instead of 'just easy'. Level your gems too.

I can't check your Pantheon, but it's very important. Make sure you are using the Brine King and Tukohama. Upgrade the Brine King, all those extra things on it are VERY good. And make sure your resists are maxed.

Gear: 11% Cyclopean Coil with 4% corrupt mod - I hope you didn't pay more than 25c for it. It's basically the same exact thing as a 15% uncorrupted one.

Boots without ms... Good boots, but no ms will hurt in the Incursions.

Gloves with no resists. They should have at least one 40%+ res mod, ideally two.

Overall, you are fine for lv 73 and shouldn't be dying anywhere lower than red maps. Unless your Pantheon is wrong or resists are messed up.

No, I did not pay anything for the belt, I used a vaal and had some luck in bad luck. ^^ My Resistance is all 75%, so my gloves do not need Resi more.
I have crafted my own shoes because what I need is far too expensive, in addition MS even drives the price upwards.
Yes you are right, I have not finished the Phanteoms yet, I will do that later.
I have to do Uberlab too.

ps: the @NoImagination meant I should use other Flask? I have now turned to you. : D

Thanks for your quick reply. <3
Last edited by jIZHO on Jul 9, 2018, 1:18:40 PM
"
No, I did not pay anything for the belt, I used a vaal and had some luck in bad luck. ^^ My Resistance is all 75%, so my gloves do not need Resi more.
I have crafted my own shoes because what I need is far too expensive, in addition MS even drives the price upwards.
Yes you are right, I have not finished the Phanteoms yet, I will do that later.
I have to do Uberlab too.

ps: the @NoImagination meant I should use other Flask? I have now turned to you. : D

Thanks for your quick reply. <3

Fixing flasks is easy, so I recommend that first. They don't have to be perfect, but they do have to be useful. Three of granite, basalt, stibnite and jade, then one quicksilver and one sulphur is fine.

Fixing vigilant strike is also easy, you can drop purity of elements and portal.

Fixing pantheon and uber lab are pretty easy, I'd do those next. Having the first three is fine for now, but as soon as you can do a white Reef, you should.

Fixing whispering ice is pretty easy, to get to 18% intelligence.

Watcher's Eye and boots are harder to fix as they're expensive. You can get the eye for 40c, you want the mod "Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline".

Seems to me that you still can't get great boots on the market. For a pure upgrade in every dimension, you'd need to craft your own boots: the base is 1c now (ilvl86 sorcerer's), 2 exalt for multimod, and ~2,000 alts to roll T1 movespeed & T1 int.

That's a way away though. It's probably better to just take a 30% move speed, 51 int, 75 ES, no resist boots and build around those for now.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 9, 2018, 4:08:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info