[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
NunurZ wrote:
Hi,

Ancestrall Call triggers the projectile of the frostblades if I'm not mistaken, so it's a good boost to dps. Also you get 10% attack speed, which can't be bad.
I must admit that it's so fast I just see everything explode instantly, before I can check all this.

I've got a problem with defenses though. I've been rolling on T12- content, but starting with T13 there was a big difficulty spiket where I get shredded, and on a T15 I just get one shot by the boss' movement skill -_-'.

I took the most life I could within my budget, all RES are overcapped, but I think my problem is with the mixed evasion / armour I get from my stuff.
In the guide we don't look for evasion rating stats.

But looking at my defences stats, I sit at 851 armour (6% phys dmg reduction) and 2858 evasion (10% chance to evade).

How did you guys get around this problem ?

HF :)

The build is a "glass cannon" as per the creator of this build. You'll need to master moving around with Whirlwind Slash to avoid being attack directly. Am running at T14 maps which as much as possible i kill the enemies immediately because the defense of this build is "squishy"
"
LaxerFL420 wrote:

Is Ancestral Call really worth it though?

Ancestral Call multiplies FB damage when several mobs are nearby. For Legion league it works even better. You need to replace it only when fighting aggressive one-phase bosses, for everything else totem+frostbomb will help to survive. A good description for this skill with picture and a lot of other info about FB build can be found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081371/page/1

To sustain mana you need to help Alira and to take 2 nodes near Spirit Void node in skill tree, you'll refund them after lvl60+ when coming to Soul Raker node. Nothing will help if one tries to link 3+ support gems to FB without descent dmg weapons (DPS should be 2500+ for 4L and so on).

Author didn't mean Starkonja is budget, but you 100% don't need it and many other gear shown at his PoB link to finish campaign and first several map tiers.

Looks like some parts of the build description are obsolete (mentioning Multistrike, ele resist skill tree nodes, etc.).

I wonder if replacing frenzy nodes and ToA claws by direct bonuses to attack speed and critical chance (taking claws with better pDPS) will be any good?
Last edited by Garrotte on Jul 14, 2019, 3:56:44 PM
@LaxerFL
"but what I really need is a good Chest piece that will hold me over for the next 20-30 levels."

I just sold my 5L Belly today for 24c. Might have paid 50c for it several weeks ago.
3g 2red
(Skip Rage for now - find some 3 slot weps and have them in your off hand to make sure you're levelling up Rage and whatever others you can't equip.)

Worked for me up to 80.
Then I spent 120c for a 6L, 3g, 3r and brought in Rage. Whoa!

@Tactism

"I have a couple Ex and C at this point to spend and min/max this build and grind to 100. I'm level 83. "
I don't think you're gonna get anywhere near 100 with this build.

"I'll post my POB below any help with min/max gear as Im moving to all rares and drifting a bit away from the guide, using swords not claws. "
thats a mistake, IMHO, since the skill tree takes advantage of several nodes for claws, and dual claws, and those 2 jewel sockets on the right side.

"I know flasks and such are a must to get but on the way of rare swords, hands, boots, etc where can I improve? Pretty new to the game any help would be great as Id like to reach 100 and min/max this awesome skill. "
I haven't put any effort into flasks, I'm stuck at lvl 88.

"
BlackSunKR81 wrote:
The build is a "glass cannon" as per the creator of this build. You'll need to master moving around with Whirlwind Slash to avoid being attack directly. Am running at T14 maps which as much as possible i kill the enemies immediately because the defense of this build is "squishy"

Hi, thanks for the answer.
Yeah the "common" monster usually aren't a problem, except some combinations of Legion lieutenant. Some bosses, though, like the one of 'Acid Caverns' I think, I get Leap Slammed before I can see the guy -_-'.

I think I'll make a more tanky character to learn thoses bosses' moves.

HF !
Hello! This is my first character so I'm still very new and have some dumb questions.

1) How does "Berserk" work? It says it consumes 5 rage - how do I get rage?

2) I know Fight for Survival DOES work in that bottom left spot on the skill tree, but why? I feel like it pretty clearly says you need 40 dexterity in the radius, so how is it working? Is it a bug or do I not understand how jewels work?

Thanks! It has been a lot of fun to play!
Last edited by Alsark on Jul 15, 2019, 1:21:52 PM
@Alsark
RAGE: A few replies back, I told someone about a 5L Belly of the Beast.
Buying a 6L can be 100+ chaos, so I used the 5L into my 70s.
Actually, I had forgot why I needed a 6L - could have afforded one much sooner.
Once you get the 6th slot, you can add Rage - hopefully you were training it up all along in a secondary wep slot.

Rage Support gem accumulates Rage points during melee (frost blade attack).

I have Berserk on a hotkey, and in a big battle will tap it to engage.
So you can't really use this until you have a 6L chest.

I'm using a 6L Destiny Leather with 800 evasion.
Starkonja has 775 evasion.
My Perseverance Belt adds more Evasion.
Total: 5717 (22% to evade)

Last edited by JaymerJaymer on Jul 15, 2019, 3:21:38 PM
Lvl 88
4246 life
641 mana w/480 reserved

201 str
123 int
430 dex

1) I dont understand the use of wimpy Frost Bomb. seems like a HUGE waste.
a) since we insta-gib MOST mobs, they usually don't even get a chance to hit
b) "most" anyone who does hit, is going to die after the next melee or two (frost blade) against them anyway, so it doesn't affect them.
c) bosses, Einhar beasts, etc take many hits, so if my 100k+ dps isn't killing them, I'm NOT SURE frost bomb debuff is doing much
c) the bigger mobs that are killing this build aren't going to be bothered by a bb gun damage by frost bomb

2) I don't understand the use of Whirling Blades. I rarely use it. Most damage is done by my right-click attack, Frost Blades. Sitting in my hideout (with Auras on and minion) my tooltip DPS (ok, i know its not accurate) is 74,799

NOTE: With self buffs, rage, frenzy, focus, etc. I have seen this get to 200,000 during battle

Whirling Blades is 8178. I use it for movement, but not really attack. Flame Dash seems a lot more useful for movement.

3) Double Strike i never use - don't even have it mapped. Tooltip shows only 31,000 dps, so why use it?
a) this causes a problem in Legion Memory encounters because if you want to move thru the enemies searching for chests, or a way out, then having double strike mapped to left mouse button (attack 1) strikes the frozen mobs instead of letting u move through. so its dangerous and will cause you to get stuck and die.

4) one overlooked item is this build is FOCUS.
You can craft onto boots:
35% increased attack and cast speed
Once you have an item equipped with Focus, its available to map to a hotkey. It resets every 9-12 secs.
Focus and berserk and mobs freeze and shatter.

5) I've tried several belts. Since I find more Abyss areas, a Stygian Vise is nice cause there's a Hypnotic Eye Jewel I have with 37% increased damage to Abyssal monsters.
Using Perseverance Vanguard Belt now for more evasion.

I've subbed in Breach rings since "Properties are doubled in a breach" - to take advantage of "41% increased elemental damage with attack skills" (frost blades) , so thats 82% more damage in a breach. Then swap the ring back off cause I cant yet get capped res with breach rings on (just dont have the right combo yet). Capped other times, except for no chaos res.
Last edited by Optio82 on Jul 15, 2019, 6:19:23 PM
Sorry if this has been asked.. What kind of modifications would I need to make to this build for it to be HC viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info