Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

18.5 total hours of farming using 3 scions and my witch. Final level was 8 and 14% on the witch, who got the sword and whom I intended to proceed to level as my main character this league.

My buddy and I were both farming hard Friday and Saturday, so when I got to 8 on all my farmers I considered calling it and just sending whasername into town. But then the lag spikes hit hard and I realized I would lose heists with this connection, so I stayed on the beach and loaded up some more podcasts.

About half an hour into Baeclast #24 Uber Hillock showed up. It took me another 20+ mins to kill him because the extra zombies just slowed my potato to a stutter.

10% ms shoes helped even out performance between witch start and scion start. YOu definitely also want to find a good goathide shield (+3% ms).

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:

10% ms shoes helped even out performance between witch start and scion start. YOu definitely also want to find a good goathide shield (+3% ms).

No you don't.

I too fell to that trap.

Goathide shield gives you +3% movement speed... which counters the hidden -3% movement speed you get from wielding a shield. This means there is no difference in speed with Goathide+weapon, dual wield or 2H wield

I won't be too much surprised if some dedicated non-Duelist runner even made the whole thing without a Body Armour on in order to avoid the hidden -3%/-6% movSpd malus
"
'surprise, I got you a cursed sword that never shuts up and wants to burn you to death!'

'oh, honey, you shouldn't have.'

Still haven't missed a single league to play with it.

My goal now is to make potent Oni screen exploder.

tyty :)

ps

Started to read the book finally. xD
"

ps

Awesome, best of luck! :)

Spoiler
I'd have to sell a lot more copies to even come close to breaking even on what OG cost me, so it was never about that. Just happy to share where 'She' comes from, and get the occasional cup of coffee in the process. :)
The content warning for my two books makes me sound like an absolute monster. Kinda impressed, to be honest, because none of it is sensationalised or highlighted. None of my readers ever really bring it up. That's a win.

PS what's a weekend stash tab and should I buy one?
"
Spoiler
I'd have to sell a lot more copies to even come close to breaking even on what OG cost me, so it was never about that. Just happy to share where 'She' comes from, and get the occasional cup of coffee in the process. :)

Doing what you love in this short life is priceless. :)
"
crunkatog wrote:
... It took me another 20+ mins to kill him because the extra zombies just slowed my potato to a stutter.

It was originally stated by Charan many leagues back and I subsequently restated the same in that once Uber Hillock pulls the OG from his chest you want to stay in close so that he won't leap (except once at 10% health) and spawn his Awakened minions. Once I learned this then I have found that the melee exiles can on average kill UH faster than ranged (although I hate running the Templar to farm UH). However, my last UH kill for OG sword #27 was with a witch in 3 minutes and 39 seconds. My first few OG swords were crazy bad with zombie mobs as I hadn't learned that UH won't leap if you stay in close. When GGG made the changes to melee in Legion league (harder hitting but slower windups, melee attack animation cancelling, etc.) it became very easy to dodge UH attacks and easily kill him in < 4 minutes. Only reason it took me over 3.5 minutes is that I wanted some good screen shots to document my 27th Uber Hillock battle. Otherwise sub 3.5 minute UH kills should be the norm.

Never let this happen to you:

I have enough trouble getting TSL9BC members to come out on Saturday to help with beach cleanup. If you don't stay in close and you let UH leap then the task of clearing the TSB of all the rotting "all dead" corpses is made much worse for us level 9 UH killers. If you have ever smelled a rotting animal (road kill) then you know how pungent and toxic it is. Keeping the Twilight Strand Beach clear of all dead things is important so that it doesn't become a toxic unusable beach. Too bad it rains most of the time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 13, 2020, 10:42:08 PM
...Can you imagine how bad Wræclast smells? And I don't mean just the Strand or the Coast -- most areas in the game have something that would generate a stench of some sort. I am amazed anyone makes it through the Belly of the Beast without retching uncontrollably. Hidden stat of all Exiles: fortitude 500.
The content warning for my two books makes me sound like an absolute monster. Kinda impressed, to be honest, because none of it is sensationalised or highlighted. None of my readers ever really bring it up. That's a win.

PS what's a weekend stash tab and should I buy one?
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 13, 2020, 10:47:02 PM
I think that stench is everywhere not just in Wreaclast. And all of its ppl are kinda used to it.

On the other side new skill gem "Barf Attack" (Acid/Poison) would fit as good as any that exists.
Last edited by de99ial on Oct 14, 2020, 2:07:11 AM
My fourth and last runner hit level 9 today. I am hoping that means the odds of drawing Uber Hillock out to play goes up.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
"

ps

Awesome, best of luck! :)

Spoiler

Good to see you, Charan.

Agree, it's not about the money. It is about the memories.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info