[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

So far, this build is pretty sweet. I haven't played a melee based build in so long so I figured I'd try this out. Honestly I really wanted a super OP strong single target build, and then reading this to find out that it's not as strong as like blade flurry or something..but I don't really want to sacrifice clear speed either. I think it's a pretty good combination of both though. I'm only level 76 right now so I still am missing quite a few DPS nodes on the tree, and a TON of health/survivability nodes.

I only have 3.1k life right now. When I get all the nodes from tree I should be at 4k or so, but to be honest I've only died one time on this character so far. It's very fast, and I kill anything/stun/freeze it before it hits me. Not to mention I have 9 frenzy charges, and 58% chance to DODGE/50% something ish to evade I think.

I also have a shit ton of move speed, I just did the merciless lab with ease so I got the onslaught buff too on kill. Also with my curse on hit ring I have power charges up too when clearing.

My tooltip damage shows 252k right now with frenzy/power charges up, and with ruthless gem/totem buff for bosses. So 252k tooltip + I have the flasks and everything else I'm pretty sure I'm at 2mil+ dps if I'm not mistaken when fully buffed.

Also I do have a watchers eye jewel too, with the "adds X to X cold damage" which is awesome. So for level 76 right now, it's pretty sick.

I have some questions though. Should I drop my amulet? I don't know if getting one with life on it would be better because tbh the blind & everything right now is amazing. Like I said, usually nothing touches me at all so even at 3k life right now I am facerolling everything. By the time I raise my level up high enough to start doing my red maps I should have around 4k life at least. Other than that though, what should I upgrade?

My claw was around 10 ex I think..pretty hard to get an upgrade for it honestly. I could change out my ring maybe or gloves, but it's difficult to find upgrades for those.

Also don't make fun of me playing standard..I had an abundance of currency lol and I wanted to really play an OP build and get OP gear. So I decided just to make it in standard. Not to mention the only good thing about the new league right now is that the market is better since everything in standard is so inflated..but regardless, any feedback is great. I need to wait on some more of my legacy IIQ gear to sell in standard before I can drop a ton of exalts on new gear so this is what I'm working with at the moment.

(P.S. the +int on my shaped ring is there because I don't have it on other gear atm. It should be +life there though)

edit -- it's 325k+ tooltip now with Atziri's flask up + 3 P.Charges + 9 frenzy charges + totem + vaal haste :P (forgot about my vaal haste/grace) and not too mention, my spell dodge + normal dodge is capped 75% with vaal grace up.

It's amazing dude. 3.1k life and I don't die. Granted, red maps will be the real test..if I can find a way to get around 4.5k ish life without sacrificing to much damage, I'll be happy. But right now I just can't see how I can do that without giving up a lot of damage.
Last edited by SamBaLam on Mar 21, 2018, 11:39:06 PM
what kind of claw do you recommend based on my gear? i looked up 330+ pdps ones, but atm i see only 4 with crit chance, from 4-20 ex. i don't know about claw prices so i can't tell if something is a good deal or not. i see a 205 pdps/190 edps (fire and cold) claw for 40c. according to pob, this claw would increase my dps by almost 19k (+15%). don't know if that is even considered a lot or not XD would this be a good replacement for bloodseeker or would i need more dps for it to be worth losing the instant leech over?
Last edited by marshmallowcrisp on Mar 21, 2018, 8:31:00 PM
"
nefadbr wrote:
Thanks for the answer!

About the Lycosidae, its really impossible to buy one now in HC, theres any other good option to offhand?

There are a few of them listed in the guide. If you are playing HC I would recommend something to make you tankier though.
I really don't see this working in HC. How is it going for you?

Don't panic.
"
lacal wrote:
Right - I think I'm finally getting there with this build.

Can you/someone have a look at my gear and let me know if I've done anything silly?

I think my next upgrade should be a rare claw? I'm due a skill point in half a level, I guess that would go in vaal pact if I get a claw?

Edit - Got a claw for 180 chaos, seems ok? (273 pDPS 373 total DPS)

Edit2 - Claw now 287 pDPS 387 DPS after using the 30% quality craft

I can't really find anything to point out on your character. It may be a boring reply, but just keep working on improving those small things.
Fully buffed you seem to be around 850k shaper dps, which is more than enough without using an abyssus (1.4 million if you had one with frost blades enchant).

Edit: one thing I could point out is that I would've gotten Fangs of Frost before Claws of the Falcon. Not a huge difference in dps, but should be around 40k or so.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 22, 2018, 6:44:25 AM
"
SamBaLam wrote:
So far, this build is pretty sweet. I haven't played a melee based build in so long so I figured I'd try this out. Honestly I really wanted a super OP strong single target build, and then reading this to find out that it's not as strong as like blade flurry or something..but I don't really want to sacrifice clear speed either. I think it's a pretty good combination of both though. I'm only level 76 right now so I still am missing quite a few DPS nodes on the tree, and a TON of health/survivability nodes.

I only have 3.1k life right now. When I get all the nodes from tree I should be at 4k or so, but to be honest I've only died one time on this character so far. It's very fast, and I kill anything/stun/freeze it before it hits me. Not to mention I have 9 frenzy charges, and 58% chance to DODGE/50% something ish to evade I think.

I also have a shit ton of move speed, I just did the merciless lab with ease so I got the onslaught buff too on kill. Also with my curse on hit ring I have power charges up too when clearing.

My tooltip damage shows 252k right now with frenzy/power charges up, and with ruthless gem/totem buff for bosses. So 252k tooltip + I have the flasks and everything else I'm pretty sure I'm at 2mil+ dps if I'm not mistaken when fully buffed.

Also I do have a watchers eye jewel too, with the "adds X to X cold damage" which is awesome. So for level 76 right now, it's pretty sick.

I have some questions though. Should I drop my amulet? I don't know if getting one with life on it would be better because tbh the blind & everything right now is amazing. Like I said, usually nothing touches me at all so even at 3k life right now I am facerolling everything. By the time I raise my level up high enough to start doing my red maps I should have around 4k life at least. Other than that though, what should I upgrade?

My claw was around 10 ex I think..pretty hard to get an upgrade for it honestly. I could change out my ring maybe or gloves, but it's difficult to find upgrades for those.

Also don't make fun of me playing standard..I had an abundance of currency lol and I wanted to really play an OP build and get OP gear. So I decided just to make it in standard. Not to mention the only good thing about the new league right now is that the market is better since everything in standard is so inflated..but regardless, any feedback is great. I need to wait on some more of my legacy IIQ gear to sell in standard before I can drop a ton of exalts on new gear so this is what I'm working with at the moment.

(P.S. the +int on my shaped ring is there because I don't have it on other gear atm. It should be +life there though)

edit -- it's 325k+ tooltip now with Atziri's flask up + 3 P.Charges + 9 frenzy charges + totem + vaal haste :P (forgot about my vaal haste/grace) and not too mention, my spell dodge + normal dodge is capped 75% with vaal grace up.

It's amazing dude. 3.1k life and I don't die. Granted, red maps will be the real test..if I can find a way to get around 4.5k ish life without sacrificing to much damage, I'll be happy. But right now I just can't see how I can do that without giving up a lot of damage.

The low hp will prove to be a problem in high-tier content. I'm glad it is working out for you so far.
Personally I would replace the amulet if I couldn't get your HP higher. A first option may be to try to find more hp on other items (which should be a priority anyway). Giving up dps in order to increase survivability may be inevitable though.
There isn't really that much else I can say. You seem to be on the right track of things.

Don't panic.
"
what kind of claw do you recommend based on my gear? i looked up 330+ pdps ones, but atm i see only 4 with crit chance, from 4-20 ex. i don't know about claw prices so i can't tell if something is a good deal or not. i see a 205 pdps/190 edps (fire and cold) claw for 40c. according to pob, this claw would increase my dps by almost 19k (+15%). don't know if that is even considered a lot or not XD would this be a good replacement for bloodseeker or would i need more dps for it to be worth losing the instant leech over?

19k isn't worth replacing Bloodseeker for.

I don't really see anything wrong with your gear, aside from upgrading to a rare claw. 4 ex may be what you'll have to spend.
You can also search for claws with lower pdps and higher crit. The crit does make a big difference.
There's a claw for 3 ex with 324 pdps, 8.04 crit, and 1.94 aps. As it is right now, it would be about a 120k dps boost for you, along with improved attack speed that just makes the build flow a lot better. I would probably invest in this for a start until you can afford a more expensive one.
You should really get a Vaal Haste though. It really is an incredible dps boost.

The claw I mentioned:
http://poe.trade/search/omadomebanagah

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
lacal wrote:
Right - I think I'm finally getting there with this build.

Can you/someone have a look at my gear and let me know if I've done anything silly?

I think my next upgrade should be a rare claw? I'm due a skill point in half a level, I guess that would go in vaal pact if I get a claw?

Edit - Got a claw for 180 chaos, seems ok? (273 pDPS 373 total DPS)

Edit2 - Claw now 287 pDPS 387 DPS after using the 30% quality craft

I can't really find anything to point out on your character. It may be a boring reply, but just keep working on improving those small things.
Fully buffed you seem to be around 850k shaper dps, which is more than enough without using an abyssus (1.4 million if you had one with frost blades enchant).

Edit: one thing I could point out is that I would've gotten Fangs of Frost before Claws of the Falcon. Not a huge difference in dps, but should be around 40k or so.

Cheers for having a look and the reply - a boring reply is a good thing, it means your guide is easy to follow!
Hi is there a leveling skill tree ?
"
khalasks wrote:
Hi is there a leveling skill tree ?

Not as such - he lists the order to collect the nodes in the OP;

This is just the way I prefer. I’ll just list the key nodes in the order they should be prioritized. There is always room for changes if you prefer to do it in another order, of course.

Winter Spirit
Herbalism
Thick Skin
Vitality Void (get rid of this when you get Soul Raker)
Vaal Pact (get rid of this when/if you get bloodseeker)
Golem’s Blood
Jewel Socket
Art of the gladiator
Bravery
Fangs of Frost
Primeval Force
Jewel Socket
Blood Drinker
Phase Acrobatics
Blood Siphon
Force of nature
Revenge of the Hunted
Soul Raker
Claws of the Magpie
the life node below Blood Siphon
Heartseeker
Claws of the Pride
All the frenzy charges
Written in Blood / Claws of the Falcon
"
lacal wrote:

While looking for a new amulet I stumbled across a shaper amulet with "does 20% of physical damage as extra lightning damage"

It was out of my price range at 4Ex, and I'm not sure how high the roll can go on that mod - but it reminded me of this post!

That's actually a really nice idea. Could definitely work. Don't think it would be enough to shock shaper, but idk.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info