[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

how many phys and ele dps do u think need a claw to be entire vaible for all end game contend?

thx,

build is great fun

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
"
Denishah wrote:
I have bought an new chestpiece with 3R 3G, swapped ele focus with hypothermia , got those 2 passives down on priemeval force , took vaal pact . I wonder , can i get somehow to shock monsters?
What should i improve now ? i think i will sell that fire res ring and get one with ele, res fire and hp and i will craft it with added phys/cold. What do you think so far? I will also try to get lvl 90 for the three points which i will use to get more health from the tree. Should i take off the points with crit from fencing ? https://pastebin.com/3h8Cbzz1 What flasks do you think i should take? Do i really need to use two or can i stop using one of em?

Well there are ways to gain shock, but it really isn't worth it.
One way would be to drop Winter Spirit and use a Physical to Lightning gem, or use a Moonbender. Possibly some wrath/HoT/Watcher's eye combo. I don't know.
Thing is, this wouldn't really benefit you. You may do more damage against trashmobs and map bosses, but you won't against guardians/shaper/elder etc.
The damage you gain from shock is based on how much damage you deal in one hit. If you do less than 1% of an enemys hitpoints per hit, then the shock is discarded. Which means that you won't be shocking the bosses with lots of hitpoints.

Fencing isn't really that good for us. I mean it is good, don't get me wrong, but the alternatives are better. The 3 points we use to get Claws of the Falcon gives more dps than the 4 points to get Fencing.

You shouldn't use two life flasks. You shouldn't need a quicksilver flask either in my opinion.
Get an Atziri's Promise and something like an Overflowing Chalice/Taste of Hate(expensive)
As for gear otherwise I think you are on the right track. You need more life, but I'm sure you are already aware of that.

Don't panic.
"
trashs1 wrote:
how many phys and ele dps do u think need a claw to be entire vaible for all end game contend?

thx,

build is great fun

Well, even a Bloodseeker is end game viable.
But ideally a 330+ pdps claw or 230+ pdps/150+ edps claw (preferably cold). It's honestly hard to say and it depends on the rest of your gear.
Also don't forget crit chance.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 20, 2018, 9:02:01 AM
"
nefadbr wrote:
Hello.

What is the reason that you dont recomend Touch of Anguish (i think you should put this in FAQ)

Well, ToA is a good weapon, I've got nothing against it. It has very bad attack speed though.
However, the main reason why I prefer a Bloodseeker over ToA is because the instant leech is just really really powerful.
It does less DPS than ToA but is slightly faster than ToA.
But honestly ToA is a completely viable alternative if you prefer it.

Don't panic.
Guide updated

More questions have been added to the F.A.Q and I have made slight changes to recommended items.
(added ToA and Wasp Nest as budget alternatives)

Don't panic.
Thanks for the answer!

About the Lycosidae, its really impossible to buy one now in HC, theres any other good option to offhand?
"
Fiver wrote:
"
trashs1 wrote:

thx,

build is great fun

Well, even a Bloodseeker is end game viable.
But ideally a 330+ pdps claw or 230+ pdps/150+ edps claw (preferably cold). It's honestly hard to say and it depends on the rest of your gear.
Also don't forget crit chance.

many thx :)

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Denishah wrote:
I have bought an new chestpiece with 3R 3G, swapped ele focus with hypothermia , got those 2 passives down on priemeval force , took vaal pact . I wonder , can i get somehow to shock monsters?
What should i improve now ? i think i will sell that fire res ring and get one with ele, res fire and hp and i will craft it with added phys/cold. What do you think so far? I will also try to get lvl 90 for the three points which i will use to get more health from the tree. Should i take off the points with crit from fencing ? https://pastebin.com/3h8Cbzz1 What flasks do you think i should take? Do i really need to use two or can i stop using one of em?

Well there are ways to gain shock, but it really isn't worth it.
One way would be to drop Winter Spirit and use a Physical to Lightning gem, or use a Moonbender. Possibly some wrath/HoT/Watcher's eye combo. I don't know.
Thing is, this wouldn't really benefit you. You may do more damage against trashmobs and map bosses, but you won't against guardians/shaper/elder etc.
The damage you gain from shock is based on how much damage you deal in one hit. If you do less than 1% of an enemys hitpoints per hit, then the shock is discarded. Which means that you won't be shocking the bosses with lots of hitpoints.

Fencing isn't really that good for us. I mean it is good, don't get me wrong, but the alternatives are better. The 3 points we use to get Claws of the Falcon gives more dps than the 4 points to get Fencing.

You shouldn't use two life flasks. You shouldn't need a quicksilver flask either in my opinion.
Get an Atziri's Promise and something like an Overflowing Chalice/Taste of Hate(expensive)
As for gear otherwise I think you are on the right track. You need more life, but I'm sure you are already aware of that.

While looking for a new amulet I stumbled across a shaper amulet with "does 20% of physical damage as extra lightning damage"

It was out of my price range at 4Ex, and I'm not sure how high the roll can go on that mod - but it reminded me of this post!
This build is f*uking awesome
900k dps ^^
Right - I think I'm finally getting there with this build.

Can you/someone have a look at my gear and let me know if I've done anything silly?

I think my next upgrade should be a rare claw? I'm due a skill point in half a level, I guess that would go in vaal pact if I get a claw?

Edit - Got a claw for 180 chaos, seems ok? (273 pDPS 373 total DPS)

Edit2 - Claw now 287 pDPS 387 DPS after using the 30% quality craft

Last edited by lacal on Mar 21, 2018, 2:48:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info