[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Alright, starting up stream again. You know where to find me if you need any help :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
I league started this build, clear speed is absolutely amazing, boss damage is not great thou :D I will definitely need better gear for that. I was thinking about dual wield mapping with rare claw and touch of anguish for chain ( bossing will still be with claw and shield ), is that a good idea?
"
DavorMarin wrote:
I league started this build, clear speed is absolutely amazing, boss damage is not great thou :D I will definitely need better gear for that. I was thinking about dual wield mapping with rare claw and touch of anguish for chain ( bossing will still be with claw and shield ), is that a good idea?

The boss damage isn't great early on. Make sure you have all the flasks and burst skills though. That is a very common mistake that a lot of people make.
If you need extra burst, having a vaal double strike can also be nice.

As for the dual-wielding, I'm personally against it. The resist and life you get from a shield, along with the 15% reduced mana reserved of socketed gems, can be pretty important.
With the 15% reduced mana, and a lvl 2+ enlighten, it will also allow you to use supreme ego, which weighs up the damage gain you get from an extra claw anyway. Getting a shaped/hunter shield lvl 80+ isn't very expensive now. Only a few chaos. Toss a couple lucent+pristine fossil on it, and you will have a reduced mana shield after a couple of tries.

Don't panic.
I am starting up my stream in 5 minutes. I will be available there if anyone needs any help! You can also check out the discord server for help. There's a lot of people in there who can help out.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
DavorMarin wrote:
I was thinking about dual wield mapping with rare claw and touch of anguish for chain ( bossing will still be with claw and shield ), is that a good idea?

As for the dual-wielding, I'm personally against it. The resist and life you get from a shield, along with the 15% reduced mana reserved of socketed gems, can be pretty important.
With the 15% reduced mana, and a lvl 2+ enlighten, it will also allow you to use supreme ego, which weighs up the damage gain you get from an extra claw anyway. Getting a shaped/hunter shield lvl 80+ isn't very expensive now. Only a few chaos. Toss a couple lucent+pristine fossil on it, and you will have a reduced mana shield after a couple of tries.

Yes I actually agree with you, will switch to reduced mana reservation shield today ( I got lucky Enlighten lvl 2 drop ). Also, I've tried touch of anguish for mapping, I dislike it, clear speed is a bit better but no freeze hurst my survivability. However, touch of anguish dps very good for early maps, I will switch to it on boss encounters which you can't freeze anyways. Rare claws are either too expensive or too weak for now on trade.

I will try pathing to Call to Arms to get instant enduring cry. Wind Dancer will reduce initial hit and long duration CWDT immortal call will protect me from additional hits (which I don't dodge or evade). Downside is that I lose 7 passive points, so less points for cluster jewels.

I will also try Quartz Infusion instead of Avatar of the Chase. Avatar of the Chase gives me more MS, AS and a bit more melee and projectile avoidance, but Quartz Infusion spell dodge is extremely valuable.

Last edited by DavorMarin on Jan 19, 2021, 4:58:07 AM
Hey.

First of all thank you for the guide. Just hit maps (lvl72) and so far did not have any issues with boss dmg. Well I got 2 Tabulas thanks to ritual so this helped a lot early on I think.

I played a bit with dual wielding in PoB, but res+life were an issue for me just as you stated.

What would you suggest as a next upgrade after shaper's touch? A rare claw or the ring combo?
Hey there man, is there a reason you use Rage support over Ice Bite in your main link setup? With stacking frenzy charges and chill it would seem like Ice Bite would be quite good/
"
Opadina wrote:
Hey there man, is there a reason you use Rage support over Ice Bite in your main link setup? With stacking frenzy charges and chill it would seem like Ice Bite would be quite good/

Well rage ramps our dps to insane amounts, also we use Berserk aswell, this makes us get reduced dmg taken and some more burst dps/atk speed on bosses.
"
Opadina wrote:

Well, Rage is strong on it's own, and even if you are only on 10 rage stacks (when you are above 10 stacks, you get extra damage from it), you will do more damage than Ice Bite. Despite the Frenzy Charges we have, Rage performs better.
10 stacks go pretty fast to stack up.

That said, Rage also allows us to use Berserk, which is arguably the strongest burst skill in the game.
Not only does it give you a shit-ton of damage, but it also gives you 19% less damage taken (from all sources, not just attacks).

So Rage just performs better.

Edit:
Just saw that ExtasYPwN4Ge already had answered :p

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jan 19, 2021, 10:00:17 AM
"
Molrix666 wrote:
Hey.

First of all thank you for the guide. Just hit maps (lvl72) and so far did not have any issues with boss dmg. Well I got 2 Tabulas thanks to ritual so this helped a lot early on I think.

I played a bit with dual wielding in PoB, but res+life were an issue for me just as you stated.

What would you suggest as a next upgrade after shaper's touch? A rare claw or the ring combo?

The prices on the rings should drop pretty fast. I usually recommend getting all the easy-to-get stuff first, so the rings would be a good idea.
That said, getting a claw with 350+ dps (and don't forget crit), would probably be a good idea.
If you haven't already, get a cluster jewel with Cold Conduction on it. It's a pretty significant dps boost, and if you get one that only has Cold Conduction (and not stormrider), it will be pretty cheap. They were 15 chaos when I checked yesterday.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info