[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
zine82 wrote:
Great to have your resists covered. Personally i'd opt for Opal ring base.

The steel ring has 2 prefix and 1 suffix. Hence, after multi-crafting, you will use up 1 suffix which leaves you with 1 prefix and 1 suffix slot. Life and EDWAS belongs to the prefix category meaning you can only either get life or EDWAS. If you have to use it and have 2 exa to spare, i'd craft life and increase cold damage.

Rings, amulets and belts IMO, best to focus on a particular category. (I know its not easy and expensive) For instance, a belt that holds all the 3 resist or an opal ring that holds multiple elemental damage mods will benefit optimally from the 20% quality from catalyst.

When are you normally online? I can sell some frost blade stuff to you cheap.

Hope it helps.

Helps a lot, thank you. Makes plenty of sense to keep stat types on the same item to get the most out of the catalysts. This is my first league using those catalysts. They're a great boost.

I'm in Australia so it's 5:00pm now, 17 hours ahead of PDT if that helps.

Appreciate the help.

I'll craft EDWAS & Cold Damage on for now. Those Steel Rings with Shaper start around 3ex. I got it for 1ex so dropping 2ex on it isn't a huge issue.

Your Opal Ring is pretty top notch. I'll see what I can find. Cheers.
I got a Bottled Faith based on a DPS increase in POB if I replaced my Diamond Flask. But... I had "Is your Crit Chance Lucky?" mistakenly checked in configuration so it was keeping that condition even after removing the Diamond Flask.

There's still a DPS increase but it's got the Consecrated Ground dependency, so I think I would rather keep the Diamond Flask. Is there a better flask I should swap for the Bottled Faith? I might just resell it.

Excuse me, i spend time and currency to be able to add a 2nd aspect based on this: "you can fit in another Herald or Aspect".
Only to realize that i cannot use more than one aspect at a time? Shouldn't that be more clear? You say another aspect -i now guess- if you don't use farrul's?
I have a 25% chance to deal double damage Lethal Pride right now. The nodes are:

Fevour - 5% chance to deal double damage
Herbalism - 5% chance to deal double damage
Survivalist - 5% chance to deal double damage
Force of Nature - 5% chance to deal double damage
Silent Steps - 5% chance to deal double damage

Is anyone interested in this jewel?

Thanks
"
greg636 wrote:
Excuse me, i spend time and currency to be able to add a 2nd aspect based on this: "you can fit in another Herald or Aspect".
Only to realize that i cannot use more than one aspect at a time? Shouldn't that be more clear? You say another aspect -i now guess- if you don't use farrul's?

Yeah, sorry that's bad wording on my part.

When I added that, Farrul's Fur wasn't the main body armour used in the build, which meant that people could go for something like Aspect of the Spider instead.
You couldn't get herald of purity and an aspect at the same time at this point.
That is the reason for the poor wording.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on May 13, 2020, 3:47:46 PM
"
kms0022 wrote:
I have a 25% chance to deal double damage Lethal Pride right now. The nodes are:

Fevour - 5% chance to deal double damage
Herbalism - 5% chance to deal double damage
Survivalist - 5% chance to deal double damage
Force of Nature - 5% chance to deal double damage
Silent Steps - 5% chance to deal double damage

Thanks

What the actual fuck. That's insane!

Don't panic.
GUIDE UPDATED!

First, there are some minor changes to the guide and PoB.

- Added Fettle jewel to the standard version of the build
- Changed the notes section
- Cleaned up some text in the guide

Second, there NEW VERSION of the build.

This version uses warcries to add a layer of safety to the build, but also providing a feature that a lot of people will find very useful.
In the warcry version, we use a medium jewel with the 15% increased warcry buff effect.

On this jewel we are using the notable Mob Mentality.
Mob mentality gives us 5 rage every time we use a warcry.

We will assign our left mouse button (the standard movement button) to Enduring Cry. This will cast enduring cry every time it's on cooldown, but it will still allow us to move like normal when it's off cooldown.
To make this work properly, we annoint the notable Battle Cry in the passive tree. This makes our warcries instant. If you have this one annointed, the warcry will not interfere with your moving/attacking at all, and as long as you hold your left mousebutton, you will keep casting warcry every time it is off cooldown.

This gives us two bonuses.

First, we will get Endurance Charges, which will give us a bit of survivability.

Second, it allows us to stack Rage even when we aren't in combat.

With the help of a Second Wind support, and a Warning Call/Haunting Shout on the warcry jewel, we will get the Enduring Cry cooldown down to 2.2 seconds.

This means that you will be able to enter bossfights with 50 rage, and thus removing the time needed to charge up your burst damage during the fight.

I plan on making this the standard version of the build, but I want to wait until next league before I make that decision, since I want to see if/how cluster jewels change first.

I plan on making a new video guide for the build, and in that guide I will go through this, but again, I don't want to do that until we know more about next league and how the jewels change.

Here is the pastebin for the warcry version: https://pastebin.com/r7c0qDvU

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on May 13, 2020, 4:46:47 PM
Hey guys (can't believe this is my very first post here after all those years)!

Hit Level 100 for the very first time with a variation of this build last weekend. I adjusted some things to my own special needs, it all revolves around damage mitigation, namely taking physical damage from hits as cold damage and getting very high maximum cold resist.
With flasks up, 55% of phys damage from hits is taken as cold damage.

While max. cold resistance is 88% at the moment.

Rest of my leveling gear:
Spoiler

I recently rerolled the Belt and Mark of the Elder with Divines, they used to be worse. I know there might be cheaper and more effective ways to carry oneself to level 100, but it was fun and did the job.
All on all the gear cost me like 15 ex (got Doryani's Machinarium early in the league before price exploded), but enabled me to farm a whole lot more that that. Delirium and Delve (still <200) were no problem at all, finished Simulacrum as well (though Kosis was hard to deal with). Of course I heavily relied on Breachstones for the last few levels, but then again, that was the point of farming. I spent my leftover currency for a new rare claw in the meantime.

I won't lie, the boss damage was crap, haven't really tackled much endgame content yet. But one does not do so when trying to level anyway.
There are still some things I would like to improve now that I'm done with leveling, like better jewels, amulet (+offensive anoint) and awakened gems. Also getting a Kaltensoul with phys taken as cold corrupt and getting a proper lightining taken as cold Avian Twin Talisman from Jorgin would be the dream. I might also go for another Winter Prowler Cluster Jewel to max out my cold resists and try to tank shaper balls.
We'll see. First I'm gonna hunt for more league challenges now.

So thanks for the detailled guide, Fiver! Even though I altered this into an abomination of a build, this thread is definitely the go-to place for claw-based Frost Blade Raider. Helped me a lot on my journey!
This looks like a really cool change. The expensive build is at about the same DPS I have in POB currently but it's actually usable DPS instead of the value I get assuming I have Rage.

I just spent a weird amount of time trying to fit Precision into my current build so I could use a Hatred + Precision Watcher's Eye, so now it's either try to squeeze it into the Warcry build or give up on that. Good thing my work from home was extended.
"
kms0022 wrote:

Definitely interested here mate. How do I contact you?

EDIT: Nevermind, just realised you're in Standard :(
Last edited by ThalantyrDSL on May 13, 2020, 10:17:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info