[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Recently crafted a new shield:

Can not find any similar shield on trade pages. I think I got really lucky as I'm able to either get two mods via Aisling or maybe an aspect craft on it.

If I'm right the aspect would be effected by the socketed Enlighten gem but not the mana reduction affix. Is this correct?
Another option is to ccraft the aspect on my assasins mark ring, but than I would not be able to multimod it anymore.

Would you recommend the Cat or Spider Aspect? What does give more survivability?

PS: Thank you for the great guide! I really enjoy it now although the survivability sometimes is lower compared to a cyclone slayer from alst league :D But I'm happy to don't have to play a summoner. Already killed red Elder with worse gear and now I'm close to the shaper guardians.
Last edited by Gnomiro on Sep 11, 2019, 7:20:56 AM
How to get 4R 2G on evasion body armour?
"
lo0lek wrote:

Either you're lucky (I used around 2000 chromes for it and always crafted "at least 2 red sockets" for 25 chromes) or you just get 3 reds + 3 greens (or maybe 2 + 4) and use vorici in research to add 1-3 white sockets. You have to hit one of the greens obviously so there is still some luck involved but it is by far easier.

A much cheaper option for the beginning would probably be to grab a str/dex (armour + evasion) base. There the red color are by far more common.

You can check average costs here: https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Considering a Zodiac Leather with 197 dex requirements you will need around 800 chromes when bench crafting with "at least 3 reds"
Last edited by Gnomiro on Sep 11, 2019, 8:29:17 AM
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Can not find any similar shield on trade pages. I think I got really lucky as I'm able to either get two mods via Aisling or maybe an aspect craft on it.

If I'm right the aspect would be effected by the socketed Enlighten gem but not the mana reduction affix. Is this correct?
Another option is to ccraft the aspect on my assasins mark ring, but than I would not be able to multimod it anymore.

Would you recommend the Cat or Spider Aspect? What does give more survivability?

PS: Thank you for the great guide! I really enjoy it now although the survivability sometimes is lower compared to a cyclone slayer from alst league :D But I'm happy to don't have to play a summoner. Already killed red Elder with worse gear and now I'm close to the shaper guardians.

Holy shit that shield is fucking disgusting.
The aspect will not be affected by the mana reduction or the enlighten.

Is that a pure life roll and pure evasion roll, or
Hybrid life / eva
pure life
Pure eva
?

Because if you have a free prefix on it, you can craft double damage, and then also add aspect of the cat. That would ofc mean getting rid of the crafted res.

I would recommend Cat.

Also, I'm really glad you enjoy the build! :)

Don't panic.
"
lo0lek wrote:

Only good way is to use the crafting recipe "at least 3 red sockets" and hope that the remaining three turn out R-G-G

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Holy shit that shield is fucking disgusting.
The aspect will not be affected by the mana reduction or the enlighten.

Is that a pure life roll and pure evasion roll, or
Hybrid life / eva
pure life
Pure eva
?

Because if you have a free prefix on it, you can craft double damage, and then also add aspect of the cat. That would ofc mean getting rid of the crafted res.

I would recommend Cat.

Also, I'm really glad you enjoy the build! :)

Currently at work. If I remember correctly it is pure Life (T1), and maybe T4 evasion as well as T2 All res. So there is an open prefix and suffix.

Will probably craft it like you have recommended later on. Still want to craft a better chest before and have to keep an eye on my resistances depending on the result of the craft. Evasion/Life hybrid would be another option for an even higher survivability.

I thought Aspects are effected by socketed gems as everyone says that you should prefer to crat it on jewellery because the used gems could increase the reserved mana because of the links. That would mean that at least the enlighten should have an effect but could be wrong.

What about Herald of Purity. Would the minions help for bossing?

Craft was really lucky and relatively cheap:
* Got the level 81 base for 60c (currently you can get even higher ilvl for ~10c -> possible T1 resistances)
* Tryed to fossil craft with Lucent + Pristine
* Run out of fossils ans used some chaos
-> Result. Maybe for around 3-4 ex ccrafting cost.
Last edited by Gnomiro on Sep 11, 2019, 8:30:12 AM
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Currently at work. If I remember correctly it is pure Life (T1), and maybe T4 evasion as well as T2 All res. So there is an open prefix and suffix.

Will probably craft it like you have recommended later on. Still want to craft a better chest before and have to keep an eye on my resistances depending on the result of the craft. Evasion/Life hybrid would be another option for an even higher survivability.

I thought Aspects are effected by socketed gems as everyone says that you should prefer to crat it on jewellery because the used gems could increase the reserved mana because of the links. That would mean that at least the enlighten should have an effect but could be wrong.

What about Herald of Purity. Would the minions help for bossing?

Craft was really lucky and relatively cheap:
* Got the level 81 base for 60c (currently you can get even higher ilvl for ~10c -> possible T1 resistances)
* Tryed to fossil craft with Lucent + Pristine
* Run out of fossils ans used some chaos
-> Result. Maybe for around 3-4 ex ccrafting cost.

I may be wrong on the enlighten then, idk. I know for sure that it doesnt work with the mana reduction mod tho.

Herald of Purity is great for damage, and as you say the minions can def work as a meat shield. An unreliable one, but still.

That's an awesome shield man. Grats on that one.

Don't panic.
Hello
If someone could help me and tell me what should I focus on buying next for my equipement pls . should i save to buy lethel pride or save to buy a 6L chest ? It's realy dificult to get enought int/str for this build.
Last edited by gisabelle on Sep 11, 2019, 9:09:24 AM
"
Fiver wrote:
That's an awesome shield man. Grats on that one.

Yeah, I probably have used all my luck for this season and will never craft a good claw and/or elder chest :D
"
gisabelle wrote:
Hello
If someone could help me and tell me what should I focus on buying next for my equipement pls . should i save to buy lethel pride or save to buy a 6L chest ? It's realy dificult to get enought int/str for this build.

Check the FAQ section on how to deal with INT/STR.

I would go for a 6L first, and then get a mark of the elder to match your CoH ring.

Also, you should replace that jade flask with a Lion's Roar.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info