[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
pokerfink wrote:
1) For high end gear, isn't a tombfist going to be BiS over Shaper's Touch? Way more expensive obviously factoring in the jewels, but should have a higher ceiling.

2) Have you tried using an elder ring for stun immunity?

Tombfist can beat shaper's touch in damage, but that requires insane jewels. But even with perfect double T1 life rolls, it loses on life.
I mean, it's definitely an option, and I used to have it as the standard pair of gloves, but for it to be worth it you need a Double-socketed tombfist, with +1 frenzy corruption, and 2 insane abyss jewels.
Compared to the cost of shaper's touch, there's really no point. (imo)

If we use an elder ring, we lose out on the damage from Mark of the Elder.
But to answer your question, no I haven't. :p

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
Hey, you mind looking at my char and giving me any insight on what I should do next? would love some input.

Your rare gear has very low life and damage on it. I'd try to remedy that.
You are probably already aware of this. Most important ones would be the belt and amulet right now, since you want to change rings soon anyway.
Because after that I would go for a Mark of the Elder + a shaped ring or a good rare claw. Both would be a significant boost to your DPS.

Thanks for your help! I've gone ahead and upgraded alot of my gear! I used alot of my current ex to get everything but I felt like it was worth it I still got a couple ex left I think I might save for the amulet now since I think it's 3-4ex atm might wait for it to be 2ex.
"
nexxen666 wrote:
"
nexxen666 wrote:
So how is everyone doing with the Blight league mechanic?

I just reached T2 maps, and it's going okay. It all depends on how the waves spawn. But I can see it becomming much harder in red maps, anyone have some experience?

The real problem I see are in blighted maps. I tried to clear a T1, and it was a shitshow. Impossible to be everywhere at once, and also upgrade towers. How are you handling these maps, and what is your strategy?

@Fiver - I got both the Bloodseeker and was lucky with a The Wasp Nest drop, so im using both to level. At what point should I switch to a shield? It seems the damage is much better with dual wielding these bad boys? Also which one should I keep incase I go shield. Tyvm :)

Really loving this build, the scaling seems nice. TYVM for the guide!

Can anyone help with the questions above?

Sorry!!! I must have missed your post! I try to answer everyone, but sometimes I miss a post or two.

With the Blight maps I have only tried one (tier 2 I think), and I could've done it, if I didn't have 1 fps. I also had a 4L and very bad claw (like, REALLY bad).
When you start getting good gear, I suspect they will be rather easy.

The thing I've been doing so far is use the cold turrets and the ones that buff other turrets.
If I whirl through them every now and then and place frost bomb on them, the turrets get a lot of extra damage.

Most of the damage is just from myself though. If the roots are spread in totally different directions from the start, I just put cold towers near the core and stand on it and attack them when they come close. With Ancestral Call, you're gonna be able to shoot at all of them at the same time, and I have knockback on one of my flasks, and it is REALLY helpful.

As for the claw, go with whichever you feel you need the most. If you don't have problem with survival, I think wasp nest might be better. It will give you more dps.
I played with shield the entire playthrough pretty much, but it's entirely up to you.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build!! :)

Don't panic.
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
Hey, you mind looking at my char and giving me any insight on what I should do next? would love some input.

Your rare gear has very low life and damage on it. I'd try to remedy that.
You are probably already aware of this. Most important ones would be the belt and amulet right now, since you want to change rings soon anyway.
Because after that I would go for a Mark of the Elder + a shaped ring or a good rare claw. Both would be a significant boost to your DPS.

Thanks for your help! I've gone ahead and upgraded alot of my gear! I used alot of my current ex to get everything but I felt like it was worth it I still got a couple ex left I think I might save for the amulet now since I think it's 3-4ex atm might wait for it to be 2ex.

Awesome!!

Don't panic.
I may be dumb but, how do we generate rage for berserk ?
"
payneb2 wrote:
I may be dumb but, how do we generate rage for berserk ?

We use Rage Support in the 6-link. :)

Don't panic.
Hey man, really loving the way this build feels and plays.

Do you mind if I ask why you don't take Point Blank? It feels like a huge damage boost, especially on bosses, and your build already paths right past it. Seems like an obvious thing to grab for the sake of one point.
"
Hey man, really loving the way this build feels and plays.

Do you mind if I ask why you don't take Point Blank? It feels like a huge damage boost, especially on bosses, and your build already paths right past it. Seems like an obvious thing to grab for the sake of one point.

The melee hit does not count as a projectile, so it doesn't really help vs bosses.
And the range in which it is actually effective is incredibly small.

Don't panic.
What's the thought behind using a shield with the build? Does it really boost survival enough to compensate for all of the lost damage? Or is there some mechanic I'm missing here that makes a shield the obvious choice?

I know in the past with melee builds a shield just didn't seem to be worth it.
"
rusty2687 wrote:
What's the thought behind using a shield with the build? Does it really boost survival enough to compensate for all of the lost damage? Or is there some mechanic I'm missing here that makes a shield the obvious choice?

I know in the past with melee builds a shield just didn't seem to be worth it.

Well, I think the survival you get from the shield is worth it. Both evasion and life, and also helping out with resists.
But when you account for being able to use a second herald if you get a shield with reduced mana reservation, you don't really lose out on that much damage.

And in the end, at a certain point damage becomes less important. If you are sitting at 10 million DPS and down shaper in 4 seconds, then having an extra 3-400 life is worth more than being able to kill shaper .5 seconds faster.

But if you rather skip shield and dual-wield, then go for it!

You don't have to follow the build a 100%. Experiment a bit if you feel like it.
The important thing is that you have fun with it! :)

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info