[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
Hey, you mind looking at my char and giving me any insight on what I should do next? would love some input.

Your rare gear has very low life and damage on it. I'd try to remedy that.
You are probably already aware of this. Most important ones would be the belt and amulet right now, since you want to change rings soon anyway.
Because after that I would go for a Mark of the Elder + a shaped ring or a good rare claw. Both would be a significant boost to your DPS.

Don't panic.
Guide Updated

I have edited the PoB, with a slightly different leveling tree, to focus on also getting some damage while leveling instead of going for all the health nodes first.
This is because a lot of people experienced a low damage while they were leveling.

New PoB: https://pastebin.com/vnBhvnzm

I want to add though. It's very important to maintain and upgrade your gear properly when leveling a melee character.
Also, you don't need to stick to the leveling tree that I have suggested in the PoB if you have problem with stuff. It's ok to be flexible. :)

Don't panic.
Loving the build so far. Could you look at my gear and tell me what should I try to upgrade first? I have 8 exalts atm. Thank you. :)
Hello and thank you for this guide !

Lot of details and tips, very complete, gg.

No problem for me atm. I love this build but I've some question.
I'm not new on POE but I don't really know Evasion stats.

With all ascendancy nodes, and with 10k evasion stat, I can reach 95% chance to evade attack when I've onslaught and frenze charges.

Stack more evasion won't be an overcap ? I mean on your pastebin, expensive gear, you have about 22k evasion. On this pastebin if we remove some evasion, it's always 95% to evade.

Is it really useful to continue stacking evasion once we reached 95% ?

I hope you will understand my post :D
Have a good league, good farm etc.

Thank you.
For an early anoint, Solidity is really cheap - I threw it on the moment I hit 62 and swapped to Bloodseeker/shield...

20% increased Attack Damage while holding a Shield
+8% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
Attack Skills deal 20% increased Damage with Ailments while holding a Shield
+3% Chance to Block Attack Damage while holding a Shield

It'll do nicely until I can get a Hyrri/Pandemonius.

BTW - Thanks for a fun build Fiver. Bought me back last league after a long break.
Last edited by Werra on Sep 9, 2019, 9:53:01 AM
"
Loving the build so far. Could you look at my gear and tell me what should I try to upgrade first? I have 8 exalts atm. Thank you. :)

I would prioritize
Shaper's Touch > Mark of the elder + Shaped ring > Rare body armour with high life > New claw > Pandemonius

Not sure how much you can get for 8 exalts at this point in the league, but that is the order I would upgrade in. It's always a good idea to go for the easiest stuff first. Shaper's Touch and MotE+Shaped ring actually gives a lot of power to the build.

Edit: I'm really glad you're having fun! :D

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 9, 2019, 10:35:03 AM
"
Fuot wrote:
Hello and thank you for this guide !

Lot of details and tips, very complete, gg.

No problem for me atm. I love this build but I've some question.
I'm not new on POE but I don't really know Evasion stats.

With all ascendancy nodes, and with 10k evasion stat, I can reach 95% chance to evade attack when I've onslaught and frenze charges.

Stack more evasion won't be an overcap ? I mean on your pastebin, expensive gear, you have about 22k evasion. On this pastebin if we remove some evasion, it's always 95% to evade.

Is it really useful to continue stacking evasion once we reached 95% ?

I hope you will understand my post :D
Have a good league, good farm etc.

Thank you.

Once you hit 95% it's not worth getting more, no. There is no point in overcapping it.
But you should also keep in mind that in the PoB I have "Enemy Blinded" selected since we are using Pandemonius. That adds about 30% evade chance in PoB. You can still hit 95% if you have about a total of 2.2k Evasion on your shield + body armour (or something like that), but that is quite a lot.

Don't panic.
"
Werra wrote:
For an early anoint, Solidity is really cheap - I threw it on the moment I hit 62 and swapped to Bloodseeker/shield...

20% increased Attack Damage while holding a Shield
+8% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
Attack Skills deal 20% increased Damage with Ailments while holding a Shield
+3% Chance to Block Attack Damage while holding a Shield

It'll do nicely until I can get a Hyrri/Pandemonius.

BTW - Thanks for a fun build Fiver. Bought me back last league after a long break.

Yeah solidity sounds like a nice one.
The block doesn't matter but the other stuff is neat.

I'm glad you are enjoying the build! :)

Don't panic.
1) For high end gear, isn't a tombfist going to be BiS over Shaper's Touch? Way more expensive obviously factoring in the jewels, but should have a higher ceiling.

2) Have you tried using an elder ring for stun immunity?
"
nexxen666 wrote:
So how is everyone doing with the Blight league mechanic?

I just reached T2 maps, and it's going okay. It all depends on how the waves spawn. But I can see it becomming much harder in red maps, anyone have some experience?

The real problem I see are in blighted maps. I tried to clear a T1, and it was a shitshow. Impossible to be everywhere at once, and also upgrade towers. How are you handling these maps, and what is your strategy?

@Fiver - I got both the Bloodseeker and was lucky with a The Wasp Nest drop, so im using both to level. At what point should I switch to a shield? It seems the damage is much better with dual wielding these bad boys? Also which one should I keep incase I go shield. Tyvm :)

Really loving this build, the scaling seems nice. TYVM for the guide!

Can anyone help with the questions above?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info