[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
sorlix wrote:
Just want to mention that now it is possible to craft +1 bow gems implicit on synthesis bows. And later we can fossil craft synthesis items too (its bugged atm according to ggg) So it will be possible to craft +4 gem bows?! this sounds pretty good for the build.

I already saw the mods yesterday (and figured out the synthesiser system), but i wasn't sure what's going on with the "value" part. Now that i know and can see list of all modifiers per base type, there's only one thing to say.

Powercreep.

In short, you can create better items than previously. They require RNG element to get at least those 2 implicits (AND the ones you want). However the overall gain is similar to the very top bows that already existed in previous leagues (faceted fossil crafted bows). It's just... probably cheaper i guess? Overall, not extremely interesting.

Quivers are THE thing. If you get lucky, you can get +1 arrow AND up to 3 pierces as implicits. That makes crafting 90+ life quiver extremely easy. With this amount of pierce, you could drop pierce nodes on the tree, allowing to pick up stronger damage nodes/jewels. To make it better, you can also get "Frenzy Charge on Kill" mod easily with Betrayal craft. Overall, quivers are crazy.

I should probably clarify more - quiver craft gives ability to actually have a quiver with good life/resistances (so allows more freedom in other gear slots) on top of giving you free jewel socket(s) depending on your character level, and that means more life/damage.

It requires a massive update so i won't make a full guide anytime soon.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 12, 2019, 7:37:04 AM
Regarding the Quiver:

Rain of Arrows - CoH - Despair <----------- Works

Toxic Rain - Increased Duration - GMP <---- Works

Ice Shot - GMP - Increase Duration <------- Works

Frenzy - MA does not work as charge generator, as you only get a charge for the first shot it fires, all other shots fired by the MA do not give charges.

Toxic Rain - ID - MA <--------------------- Works

allthough ID seems overkill since u recast it all 4 seconds anyway, im currently running it with withering touch, but i have no clue if that fucks over the wither totem.

EDIT: I take back what i said about ID it feels way better with it ! :D

Last edited by iRoN on Mar 12, 2019, 9:28:53 AM
Again about the synthesised bows - i forgot that +1 all gems is possible on bows and it also supports empower for lvl 30 CA total. So let me rephrase then:

Synthesised bows are ridiculous (since you need only 1 mod), with quiver's being extremely good as well.

There's only question, will +1 gems implicit block +1 gems explicit? If that's the case, then you can always craft increased chaos damage. It would require multimodding, a very easy one on top - since best way would be crafting rare bow with 0 mods.

"
iRoN wrote:
Spoiler
Regarding the Quiver:

Rain of Arrows - CoH - Despair <----------- Works

Toxic Rain - Increased Duration - GMP <---- Works

Ice Shot - GMP - Increase Duration <------- Works

Frenzy - MA does not work as charge generator, as you only get a charge for the first shot it fires, all other shots fired by the MA do not give charges.

Toxic Rain - ID - MA <--------------------- Works

allthough ID seems overkill since u recast it all 4 seconds anyway, im currently running it with withering touch, but i have no clue if that fucks over the wither totem.

That's quite nice QoL then. I still wouldn't use the quiver. If it can be reactivated every 4 second then i guess ID is pointless for anything but Ice Shot. I am aware of MA not being able to generate frenzies / curse enemies, otherwise it would be included in the build.

And Withering Touch won't interfere with the totem. It's the same type of debuff, both sources will stack it together.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 12, 2019, 9:40:43 AM
what minimum IIQ/IIR values i should look for on ventor's?
"
qaizr wrote:
what minimum IIQ/IIR values i should look for on ventor's?

Ideally 10% IIQ, but can start around 7-8% if money is tight. IIR is far less important, but preferably not negative.
a
Last edited by TheYel on Mar 12, 2019, 2:54:11 PM
since swift affliction adds more damage than void manipulation wouldn't vm be the better option to swap out for gmp?

edit: i guess the reduced duration makes the damage about even between the two
Last edited by qaizr on Mar 12, 2019, 3:18:34 PM
Hello. Wanted to say thanks for the guide. Ive tried this build many times first time I feel confident.

I looked through many Posts.

I have a 6 link Chest and a 6 link bow what should I be running? I always just see 1 6 link covered above. Or Im blind and sorry... :(

On Frenzy I just never see myself using it wouldn't Agony Crawler put it up easier then using a different Skill? . I just have had no need for frenzy at this time it just sits there. Bosses already dies supper fast from CA and Totems.

Thanks
Simple

Kintsugi is insanely pricey atm....
"
Gesangvoll wrote:
Kintsugi is insanely pricey atm....

i got mine for 24c last night and it has pretty nice rolls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info