[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey, DankawSL, i got myself a 4L +1 bow gems on the new league and it has been carrying me all the way to act10 (i'm just about to do merci lab and kill kitava). Do you think i can start mapping with it?
Of course you can, but i don't recommend it at all. Damage is going to be underwhelming. There's no reason to NOT invest into Tabula or +2 5-link bow. The former boosts damage and can be sold for money later on. The latter allows use of a good body armour and is stronger overall, but it is a small money sink.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hey DankawSL!

Im started this season with your build and im enjoying it so far. A nice all around build. Is there anything i can upgrade for a better clear speed?(beside gmp gem) I just want to get through the lower tier maps faster. Im not playing on HC so dying sometimes is not an issue for me.
Hello DankawSL, thanks for the very in-depth build,
This is my first character and i'm quite confused about how to "upgrade" my gear,
i bought this bow but it only has 3 green links, for how long can i keep using it?

Also i just finished act 4 but my resistences are nowhere near the 75% you suggested (20/50/23) what items should i look for?
Spoiler

New items (75/75/75)
Spoiler

I was also wandering why i shouldn't level Wither and if i can level the Spell Totem Support that i've linked it with.
One last question, i read that you suggested:
Ascendancy: Avatar of Veil (Phasing) + Avatar of Chase (Onslaught)
do i need a "onslaught" support gem? i'm using a flask right now but it seems kinda wasted (?).

Also i fucked up and took Quartz Infusion with my first 2 ascendancy points, is it worth to use 10 refund points to fix it? I'm level 43 right now.
Thanks again for your work :)
Last edited by ArtificialKid on Mar 10, 2019, 3:25:14 PM
"
sorlix wrote:
Hey DankawSL!

Im started this season with your build and im enjoying it so far. A nice all around build. Is there anything i can upgrade for a better clear speed?(beside gmp gem) I just want to get through the lower tier maps faster. Im not playing on HC so dying sometimes is not an issue for me.

Hey, not Danka here. Do you have a 5 (4G1B)? If you do, you can sacrifice some damage (in case you have enough) and swap Conc Effect for Efficacy (more DoT multiplier) or Incresead AoE (more area) for mapping, and swap Conc. Effect back for bosses. That's what i'm doing and it feels all right.
Hello! I am wondering what exactly ways there are to go as much as MF as possible at the start of the new synthesis league? Like is windripper viable? Or go for quantity necklaces or?
How do you guys handle the fast enemies in memory voids? i cant shoot fast enough to cover them all
What bow should I get while beginning maps if I have a tabula already? And when should I switch to a +2/3 bow? 6l white bows are too expensive for me atm, but I did farm a tabula.
"
sorlix wrote:
Hey DankawSL!

If GMP is not enough then i don't know what else can help you. Level up, get faster bow base, get more move speed.

"
ArtificialKid wrote:
Spoiler
Hello DankawSL, thanks for the very in-depth build,
This is my first character and i'm quite confused about how to "upgrade" my gear,
i bought this bow but it only has 3 green links, for how long can i keep using it?

Also i just finished act 4 but my resistences are nowhere near the 75% you suggested (20/50/23) what items should i look for?
Spoiler

New items (75/75/75)
Spoiler

I was also wandering why i shouldn't level Wither and if i can level the Spell Totem Support that i've linked it with.
One last question, i read that you suggested:
Ascendancy: Avatar of Veil (Phasing) + Avatar of Chase (Onslaught)
do i need a "onslaught" support gem? i'm using a flask right now but it seems kinda wasted (?).

Also i fucked up and took Quartz Infusion with my first 2 ascendancy points, is it worth to use 10 refund points to fix it? I'm level 43 right now.
Thanks again for your work :)

Rings are usually the easiest way to help with resistances early on. You can also craft 16-20% resistances through crafting bench, costs only 1 transmute. Overall, try to indentify most rare items that you can equip during levelling.

Wither/Despair have high intelligence requirements. Eventually you will hit a wall where you can't level them up. It might cause issues if you replace item that gave intelligence, making it impossible to use these gems. It's best to avoid it.

You don't need any bonus source of onslaught. Raider ascendancy gives effectively permanent uptime on it.

No, don't respec. If were to do that, you would need additional 10 regret orbs for levelling. 1st Frenzy node is purely for levelling purposes. It's not a very big difference, but it is one nonetheless. Keep the phasing node.

"
Hello! I am wondering what exactly ways there are to go as much as MF as possible at the start of the new synthesis league? Like is windripper viable? Or go for quantity necklaces or?

I have a section dedicated to MFing. Windripped doesn't work if you don't shatter/shock enemies - and this build cannot since it's DoT based.

"
duabijitelur wrote:
How do you guys handle the fast enemies in memory voids? i cant shoot fast enough to cover them all

I've primarly done only memories you encounter during mapping and entirely skipped the nexus thing. I didn't have too many issues. GMP helps with AoE coverage, and if enemy is too fast you run past by the monster to stop it's movements for a while (it's trying to hit you).

"
Lupofin wrote:
What bow should I get while beginning maps if I have a tabula already? And when should I switch to a +2/3 bow? 6l white bows are too expensive for me atm, but I did farm a tabula.

Tabula costs as much as the cheapest 6-link bows, so it's not like you don't have money. Sometimes you can snipe bow with decent attack speed. The point is that you farmed Tabula so you can farm maps safely and earn currency towards next upgrade recommended for yellow maps - the 6-link +2 bow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
any opinions about trickster this league with ascendancy rework? seems quite nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info