[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

you get the +2 support craft from the mastermind fight. gotta do it a bunch of times and end up leveling it up
"
khaganmv wrote:
Hey, I'd really love to try this build as Pathfinder and would like to know if MS is the only thing I'll be missing out on by not going Raider? Also when would you consider the flask uptime of Pathfinder an advantage?

I just switched to Pathfinder on my character "yozx" if you want ideas for a speedyboi version. I'm nowhere near optimized: missing +100 life from quiver/Ventor's, mediocre jewels and should be using an evasion helm, but still sitting pretty with 5k life and overcapped resists You can also ignore experimenting with chest links.

I think you definitely need Cinderswallow Urn for PF to work. Despite missing that extra evade chance from Raider, the flask + ascendancy is effective double Onslaught and the life recovery acts like effective leech, which this build can't really get any other way. 3% life regen version would be a huuuuge boost for the stock version and combining with Vitality + Stone Golem + Holy Relic would make your life pool regen like ES while mapping.

After testing both, I much prefer a phasing flask over Dying Sun, especially with juiced/dense maps where getting stuck in front of mobs in a narrow corridor is ez death.

The only thing you're really losing is the extra evade chance from Raider. It's hard to say exactly why I feel it's better than Raider for mapping, but the flask upkeep just makes everything click together. Flasks can be extremely powerful, and there's a reason a lot of meta MF/speedyboi builds go Pathfinder (look at cutedog_'s Vaal Blight PF).

My build works based on synchronicity between:
-6.6 sec Mirage Archer (with or without 7L)
-Despair + Blasphemy
-4sec base Phase Run
-Blood Rage
-QotF + % evasion Jade Flask

Mirage Archer is always attacking, always covering ground in CA, always tracks speedy/beefy mobs while you dodge, and lets you zoom past single packs/ clean up stragglers without stopping. #1 OP bow gem, with or without 7L. I usually only swap in Slow Proj/Dmg on Full Life for bosses in parties.

Despair aura + Mirage Archer means 2 of 3 of your attacking related skills are mostly automated, which frees you up to more effectively cast totems while speeding through (with FCR instead of Inc Duration) quickly and efficiently to kill beasts/exiles/egc. on the go, and quickly create a wide defensive area for breaches/abyss/etc.

Phase Run is one of the best skills in the game imo. With nodes + gem, your cooldown = base duration, so you have a free quicksilver+blind flask all the time. Combined with MA, it's very possible to safely clear maps and maintain a huge distance between you and mobs, or go full rambo face tank right through packs.

Blood Rage maintains your Frenzy charges while you smash Phase Run. Even with only 3 max charges, it's a significant enough boost to speed/QoL to lose most of your life regen. Also works well if you have have a big CWDT in your chest (I think?).

Kintsugi definitely has its place for end-game content/HC, can make up for small life poool, and allows you to chuckle as Minotaur oneshots the rest of your party, but imo QotF is best in slot for most purposes. Very few builds/ascendancies can achieve minimum 35k evasion with no investment, and a 5-6L is absolutely unnecessary, allowing you to invest in a good resist roll.

Oh, and if you're wondering, just get the duration nodes, for any ascendancy/style. Almost every part of this build utilizes skill duration and it makes everything better :D

-------------

I could go on for days about how good this build is for MFing, esp. as a Pathfinder. Windripper is trash without a +2 TS helmet, and that investment alone could buy a basic 7L bow + full quant gear, plus you can use Div Distillate easily (though I far prefer Cinderswallow). I was done with league a couple weeks ago, but swapping all my MF gear over to CA totally revitalized my interest in the game. I don't skip any map mods, syndicate, alva, beasts. I easily carry 6-mans and leave straggling looters way behind. No promises on single target full party damage :D

Unless you're doing end-game content/T16 bosses, I see no reason not to have Sadima's + Bisco's + Goldwyrm + Pariah at all times. You can easily balance your resists around your MF gear, and keep swap items with the same resist + high life/dmg mods around for rippy maps.

My potato laptop is having trouble getting a decent video, so feel free to whisper me in-game if you have questions or want to run a map to see what it's like!
Last edited by glappoid on Feb 4, 2019, 8:59:08 PM
"
TheBull100 wrote:
Hi, caustic Rangers,

I am still not able to craft +2 lvl of support gems because I dont have the craft,m where the hell do I get this craft from?

Please enlighten me

Thanks Eohlin

btw. got a very nice amulet for our CA build

seems phase run and cat make me nearly invisible

Amazing amulet, man! Love it! Did you craft that yourself?

Instead of doing the actual mastermind mission several times you can just buy shields/weapons still unveiled from other people and then unveil them yourself. I did this just yesterday and it took two ilvl80+ items to get it. Just go on the official PoE search, go to the mods section and add in "Catarina'a Veiled" and you're good to go. I'd suggest ilvl80+ items as well just to ensure you get it in two unveils.
To the "crafting masters" out here :)

I need to craft the missing +1 to level of socketed gems...

I finally have the currency to do that (I think) but the chance of me messing up something is extremely high :)

Would appreciate guidance how to proceed from here (cost included). I have crafted the non-ailment myself before having the currency do do more with the bow and I can remove it as well.

Thank you in advance!

Can anyone help me out on getting the Chaos damage over time enchant on my bow in HC :)?
Hi everyone,

first of all, this is the fourth build I have tried (ever, this is my first league actually playing the game) and I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. So thanks!

However, I'm a bit lost on how to improve my damage from here. And I don't mean the obvious stuff like upgrading from +2 to +3 bow (damn my luck with fossil crafting), getting 21/20 gems or getting the 12 skillpoints I'm missing compared to the reference lvl 94 build.

The reason I'm confused is that according to Path of Building my Dot-DPS currently sits at around 225k. Upgrading to a +3 bow and 21/20 CA + lvl 20 gems for the rest increases that only to around 300k. Meanwhile, the pastebin provided in the guide has 730k Dot-DPS without any crazy gear. That is such a huge difference that I fear I'm missing something obvious here.

In relation to that, I'm not having trouble with most of the normal content, but during Incursions in tier ~10 maps I'm more likely than not to run out of time due to a lack of single-target damage, which seems kind of odd...

Any and all hints would be appreciated!

You should be able to see my profile and I'll additionally link my gear below.

(Oh, and the reference build also shows 10k additional evasion rating compared with my own (14k) which I also cannot figure out...)

Gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by Familion on Feb 6, 2019, 12:36:13 PM
Can someone a look at my Pathfinder variant? I can clear maps up to T15 with extremely ease but I do no damage to bosses and Syndicate, I can't even break the fort wall most of the times and they almost always flee even when I am on lower tier maps. Character is TheWALL, thanks.
"
Familion wrote:

CA dot damage all comes from the gem itself.
Your CA is only level 22 but your setup is fine enough to farm you all the currency you need to progress.

My CA is 28 and on top is having another more multiplier link (Vicious Projectiles on the bow).

I started my CA the same as you. It will just get better over time.

First I would buy better jewels and fill those slots. Life jewels with two good CA stats aren't that expensive.

You forgot to take the Growth and Decay node too.

Here is how my tree would look like at 88
https://pastebin.com/uxytYJZy

At 90 I would swap to this and pickup all the life that is left after that.
https://pastebin.com/xB8bAaEn

"
Missumii wrote:

Buy a 20/20 CA for 3 chaos. WTF is wrong with using Volley? Equip Damage on Full Life. Craft a quiver with additional arrow. That and Pierce on the tree covers most of the AoE issues. Get rid of Atziris Promise too, it does nothing?!
If you want the build to farm currency for you replace Swift Affliction with Mirage Archer. Equip Queen of the Forest and run Harbour.
Last edited by zorker on Feb 6, 2019, 4:12:18 PM
"
zorker wrote:

You forgot to take the Growth and Decay node too.

Well, that is embarrassing...

Thanks a lot for all your hints and the encouraging words!
Last edited by Familion on Feb 6, 2019, 5:21:22 PM
Thanks for help, the +1 arrow quiver really does a lot for the quality of life, I am trying to make this character mainly for going hard on delve and maybe farm juiced T16 later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info