[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Here is a bow search for a crafting bow base:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/eDp4znIL
Last edited by zorker on Feb 1, 2019, 4:02:28 AM
"
AgentTrack wrote:
Spoiler
"
zorker wrote:
@AgentTrack
You have your base gear set up. For the rest you need to throw currency at your build. Best way to build up currency right now is farming Syndicate in Harbour Bridge. I used Queen of the Forest, Stibnite and Jade Flask and just replaced one of the green gems with Mirage Archer. All you have to do is run the bridge while casting one arrow once Mirage archer runs out. Just do it while watching TV or sth.

It is tedious but very profitable.

You need 21 CA arrow. I level 7 1/20 to 20/20 of them while farming Syndicate. All bricked so I had to pay extra to buy one.

If your bow will have Vicious Projectiles which it should then you need level 4 Empower.

You need to buy the ilvl 82 elder (grove/thicket/maraketh) bow base and craft it. This can include alteration spam, linking and finishing the craft. I would check the market for valid crafting bases.

This will give you level 28 CA.

After that you need to buy two fossils and use them on the rest of your gear.

* ilvl 85 elder leather belt - Pristine+Abberath (chaos dmg, life, resists, recovery)
* ilvl 85 elder slink gloves - Pristine+Abberath (chaos multi, life, resists)
* ilvl 85 lion pelt with 30% CA duration enchant - Pristine+Abberath (-9% chaos res, life, resists)
* ilvl 81 shaper penetrationg arrow quiver - Serrated+Corroded+Metallic (+1 arrow, life)

Neck, boots and rings can be used as resistance fillers.

Here is the gear of my Raider:

Alright, thanks, I will use ur recommendation as an upgrade path. :D

How hard is it to roll the mods on glove, belt, helmet using fossils? bought 40x to try but still looking for resonators, how many tries you took?

Done with belt,glove,helm i guess? 205k DoT

Last edited by AgentTrack on Feb 1, 2019, 8:22:04 AM
Insane rolls. Great job. Make sure to use Blessed Orbs on your belt!

Crafting helm, belt and gloves took me probably 120-150 tries total with helm being the easiest one. Had bad luck on the belt.

I would go for quiver now. If you have left-over essences I would try to spam the ilvl 81 quiver with some nice essences first. You may hit high life and +1 arrow early. If not buy the 3 socket resonator and try fossils.
Last edited by zorker on Feb 1, 2019, 10:27:40 AM
почему ты не используешь
? Why u dont use this flask?
Do transleit in Russian language plis
Can I do you blid transleit on russuian language?
"
DevianTools wrote:
почему ты не используешь
? Why u dont use this flask?

I'd like to know this, too. I saw at least one person using that flask here: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Raider&skill=Caustic-Arrow&sort=dps

Since we're all sharing gear I just wanted to share my 8ex crafted elder bow. Looking back on things (and the "top" CA players listed on poe.ninja, see link in above post) I feel it's not worth it overall. Regular +3 is fine apparently, even to people who got their characters to level 100.

I precisely followed Dankaw's guide for elder crafting a 7L bow and at each turn followed the "this is crazy expensive, but.." instructions which is why it cost 8ex.

One thing I noticed while searching poe.ninja top CA builds this league is that several people were able to craft +4 bows by getting "+1 to dexterity gems" in addition to the regular +1 and +2. Has anyone looked into how they're doing that? (Check out the bow in this build as an example.)

Finally, I wanted to share the result of my original goal for this build which was to level a Ranger build to 90: my "fastboi" for delve/syndicate farming: https://pastebin.com/2hQt8NjT

I mostly followed speed modification advice from Dankaw and also daykun on youtube.

It has enough damage to handle low level content and gets up to 400% movement speed. Watch out for seven-league steps and the movement speed watcher's eye, they're extremely expensive and definitely not necessary if you want to do the same. The rest of the gear was no more than 20-30c each aside from the QotF which was maybe 50-60c but worth it for +50%. Highly recommend this build for speed farming.

My next task is to swap in Tornado Shot since that's what seems to be most popular for MF and speed builds but it may require re-specing other parts of the build since AFAIK TS isn't chaos damage based or requires other elemental dmg modifiers to be most effective.

Also interesting is how unpopular Raider ascendancy is overall: it's second to last behind Occultist, Deadeye, and Path Finder, yet ahead of Trickster. As far as poe.ninja lvl96-100 players with non-private character tabs in their profiles it's also second to last for all CA builds, this time ahead of Deadeye. I know Dankaw mentions the flexibility of this build in his guide and I think that's one of the big advantages. I'm very keen to try out PF especially since it can give me unlimited flask use which means I can keep my Quicksilver/Jade flasks up 100% without having to slow down to kill mobs in order to regain flask charges while farming low level content.

Cheers!
Last edited by MochaDragon on Feb 2, 2019, 2:11:40 PM
I think I figured out the +4 bow mystery. They're probably using Faceted (1ex each) fossils to fossil craft them. Initially that sounds expensive however when you consider my above bow cost 8ex it doesn't sound too bad. I don't know how many tries they'd need to hit +4, but you'd probably need prime resonators so you can roll with 4 fossils at once which is an added 20c cost.

Has anyone here tried this before? If not I might try it later in the league and report my findings.

I'm pulling in about 200-250c/hr with syndicate/delve farming with the PoB pastebin movement speed variant I linked above so it wouldn't take too long to build up a good base of currency to try. (BTW yes, I know this rate is lower than the 400+/hr the popular videos claim but I'm still learning. :-) )

Cheers!
yes the only way you can get +4 +5 bows is with fossil crafting. that was never a mystery. who knows how many it takes to get one though.

i've done tons of fossil crafting and sometimes it can take hundreds in order to get stats you're looking for, so i wouldn't risk it. hell even your bow at 8ex is too expensive for me. you can craft one that is only like 4ex and maybe 2-5% less damage than your bow. that is worth it for me.

but anyway im not sure the best combination of fossils, but i imagine it includes aetheric and pristine in order to eliminate attack and elemental rolls.
Last edited by xMustard on Feb 2, 2019, 4:58:17 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
yes the only way you can get +4 +5 bows is with fossil crafting. that was never a mystery. who knows how many it takes to get one though.

i've done tons of fossil crafting and sometimes it can take hundreds in order to get stats you're looking for, so i wouldn't risk it. hell even your bow at 8ex is too expensive for me. you can craft one that is only like 4ex and maybe 2-5% less damage than your bow. that is worth it for me.

Oh, certainly agree on the 8ex bow part. Too much currency for too little gain.

"
but anyway im not sure the best combination of fossils, but i imagine it includes aetheric and pristine in order to eliminate attack and elemental rolls.

Is it possible to get a +6 bow?

+2 to bow gems (std prefix: alt/regal, can fossil)
+1 to dex gems (delve suffix: only from fossil)
+1 to all gems (std prefix: alt/regal or can slam assuming open suffix to craft cannot roll attack mods)
+2 to all support gems (craft prefix: can always craft assuming open craft sufix)

total: 3 prefixes + 1 suffix, with 2 suffixes open. Seems possible, no? Has anyone done the PoB tests to see if +4/+5/+6 bows deliver more DPS vs. 7L Elder +3 bows which is apparently the current top of the line in this build guide?

Also one separate question: why is +1 to socketed gems guaranteed with cannot roll attack mods? Yes, it's the only non-attack mod prefix but there are plenty of suffixes and as far as I understand exalt slamming can slam a prefix or suffix as long as there are open suffixes.
Last edited by MochaDragon on Feb 2, 2019, 5:55:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info