[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

CA doesn't have really good single target damage unless you heavily invest into CA levels. Even my full charged CA needs some time to kill Syndicate members on a >130% quant Elder T16 map.

If mobs roll resists your CA will take time to do some work. Especially if the targets are beefy and spell totems either die instantly or have to many targets to chose from.
How is survivability in t16 maps with 120+ quant?
I have not died once since I did uber Elder. The tankiness is just mind boggling.

Only thing that comes even close to killing me are tripple Syndicate research houses with really nasty combos. Yet I managed to survive them all.

Watch out for Detonate Dead It that Fled though.
I just said to myself "when will the other shoe drop" when I was daily enjoying this build....and now I know this build has a hughe problem....

I just started my necromancer build to do something different for a while and thought upps what happens here, double temp chains as map mod???, but no.. its...well hard to discribe but..you just dont want to run around in maps with 46% movement speed anymore, it feels terrible, you need ages to run from A to B and when you at B you just dont walk (run) back to A although there is a pair of two-toned lying around.
This build just make you not enjoying the others anymore....

Eohlin
Please add in crafting section information, that +1 arrow needs ilvl 80+ to be possible to roll.

-edit-
Oh, it is under "Alt -> Regal Crafting Method Spoiler"
I've probably missed it :/
Last edited by abdul_chanceing on Feb 9, 2019, 10:45:11 AM
February 9th, 2019
Equipment:
* Minor update of Chaos Staff. Now properly includes bow as an option. I will add the gear example later (once i get it).
* Removed mentions of elder influenced quiver.

Crafting Section:
* Removed Chase Mods and Fossil Crafting. Their content was included in new sections.
* Added Armour, Jewellery and Other crafts. Combination of all worthwhile crafts/mods for each gear piece, mostly damage oriented. Didn't include obvious crafted mods like resistances.
* Small remake of Quiver crafting. Elder version removed, only shaped one remains.

FAQ:
* Added "Q: Where can i find 33-40% Chaos DoT Multiplier and +2 Support Gems crafts?"

=======================

The update is finally here, i might tweak it more later on. About the reason i didn't respond to the thread in a long time - it was burnout. I really needed break from PoE. I should be more active from now on, but not nearly as during start of the league. Gotta recharge batteries for the next league.

Speaking of new league, i'll most likely play SSF HC this time. I've been thinking for a long time to do it, but i prioritized updating the guide with new videos instead. Now that CA's damage is pretty much an overkill, SSF shouldn't stop me from doing all guide related things.

Also, i won't be answering older questions. There's a high chance you guys already figured out everything.

"
Please add in crafting section information, that +1 arrow needs ilvl 80+ to be possible to roll.

-edit-
Oh, it is under "Alt -> Regal Crafting Method Spoiler"
I've probably missed it :/

Nope, you didn't miss anything. The ilvl was added in this update (that i pushed too early, hit "Submit" instead of "Preview").
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I really have to thank you for this build. I tried this without any expectation (just for the lulz basically since never tried a right-side Ranger build on hardcore) and managed to do basically all game content including guardians with dangerous mods! Maybe i was lucky, maybe your build is REALLY good. Fact is i'm still alive and rockin'! Shaper will be next. I will publish a video of shaper's fight soon. For now enjoy my Minotaur run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKhKt6FBeI

;)

EDIT: Shaper's down!

https://youtu.be/ic6pUqwdJFk

Last edited by Vicentious on Feb 10, 2019, 9:56:25 AM
@vicentious - if i can say something, just try spam a bit totem + frenzy (more dps / better survi)
Decided to try out pathfinder route, so far I’m happy with it, haven’t get into late bossing yet, but trying soon!!

I managed to craft this bow for only 3ex! So hype about it, now I’m at 425k DoT as a pathfinder~

Now I wonder how those ppl able to get into 800kish DoT with caustic arrow lol

To find your maximum damage output, look in POB:
-Enable Despair
-Enable Wither (set to 15 stacks on left skill/stat panel)
-In config check (if you use): "On Full Life", Frenzy and Onslaught
-Damage flasks if you happen to use them

Generally you'll get about triple your tooltip damage with Despair and Wither up.

For anyone trying to guage their damage, I've tested Mirage Archer with only 6L, ~100k tooltip DPS and Despair + Blasphemy, 5k life and full quant (no damage) gear had no problem clearing juiced Tower maps, maybe dying a few times in a dozen maps. Wouldn't recommend in hardcore, but far more capable with much lower investment than a Windripper.

Realistically I have 200k-240k with MA in, depending on rampage/charges/etc. and didn't die once from depth 320-400, most of it with full quant gear on, searching every single side area/wall. If I hit a wall Delving too deep, I'll probably throw the bow on a CI Occulist instead :P
Last edited by glappoid on Feb 13, 2019, 9:13:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info