[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
zaroff85 wrote:
I don't know about fossil.
You can do it with fossil because fossil blocks physical, elemental and chaos. There's no fossil that blocks attacks.

Since bow gems is an attack mod now, you can use cannot roll attack mods, slam for +1 gem and then craft +2 support from Catarina veiled too.

Spoiler
These were bows I made in harvest one with fossil other with normal craft method. That was after the nerfs that allowed people to cheese extra arrows and other stuff through mod inconsistency.

Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 14, 2021, 4:38:22 PM
"
zaroff85 wrote:
On the crafting section needs to be updated you can no longer get +1 skill gems and +2 Bow gems on bows anymore. the changed this back in Harvest. at least with the classic method. I don't know about fossil.

If I am wrong please someone let me know. CA is my favorite Build!!

I was scared there for a second but... everything seems fine? You start with +2 bow gems, have 2 suffixes, craft "Cannot roll Attack mods" and slam exalt. +1 gems is the only bow prefix that isn't an attack so outcome is guaranteed. Everything is fine to me

Something tells me you tried the method and failed because you slammed exalt while having only 1 suffix (or 2 including crafted mod). Only other explaination is that you encountered a bug.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I just want to thank you for the guide, i never tried this kind of spell, and i'll do it for this league cause your guide is really complete ! great job !
one more question, why dread banner + generosity over sand stance? is it because of mana reservation or something else too?
As far as I understand it, sand stance is not needed because we are at evasion cap anyway, so no blind needed.
i mean yeah, but we're capped with dread banner, so we need one or the other (definitely not both). im thinking would it make sense to run sand stance instead of banner if i can afford it mana-wise.
Last edited by sajm0n on Jan 15, 2021, 7:38:22 AM
"
sajm0n wrote:
one more question, why dread banner + generosity over sand stance? is it because of mana reservation or something else too?
Well, one is 10% other is 25%, if you get to the point you can use aspect of the crab you won't be able to fit both.

I'm not sure how "less accuracy" from dread banner interacts with avatar of the veil, I imagine they stack?
"
Viktranka wrote:
Well, one is 10% other is 25%, if you get to the point you can use aspect of the crab you won't be able to fit both.

Yeah i totally missed Crab Aspect skill there. Then it wont fit for sure once you have it.
I was thinking maybe Blind is not good enough, because sometimes enemies may be immune to Blind, while less accuracy should always work. Also Generosity aspect, less dmg from enemies not near in Sand Stance should not work with Generosity, right?
If thats the case then once i get Generosity, im paying 15% mana for the same thing for no reason.

"

I'm not sure how "less accuracy" from dread banner interacts with avatar of the veil, I imagine they stack?

I would assume so, but im by no means a pro at this.
Last edited by sajm0n on Jan 15, 2021, 10:20:51 AM
Last league I played CA/TR Trickster in SSF and took some inspiration from this guide and had a blast.

In Ritual I will start with this and maybe later try out the Occultist version.

Just wanted to say thanks for updating your build.
Last edited by NupidStoob on Jan 15, 2021, 10:29:23 AM
Thanks for the update. Highly appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info