[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Zerolight wrote:

Sorta funny cause this was just answered higher on this page. "Barrage allows to quickly proc onslaught on bosses and isn't as affected by ~80-90% accuracy like GMP is. Quicker animation which you can cancel is another advantage." - DankawSL

Early on I use Greater Multiple Projectiles, it feels more efficient at spreading your curse across a lot o enemies. Once you get your damage decent everything dies instantly except rares and bosses so Barrage is better for all the reasons started above. Id also add that if you have a Awakened Hextouch Support barrage is even better, since you get a quick succession of chances to bypass hexproof.

Ahh, missed it while I was skimming through the last page. Thanks for the reply! I'll probably stick to GMP for the time being then, have to say its a lot more convenient for aiming.

Also, a side note, I was ridiculously lucky and dropped a Bow attacks fire an additional arrow mod when I popped a regal orb on my +2 bow.
Still in T3 maps, and I have to say, its even more of an ordeal to fork out the cash to upgrade to a +3 bow that'll be an improvement now :P Its very much trash still, I know, but I honestly was just hoping for an attack speed boost or another str/int boost. Hopefully this hasn't eaten up all my crafting luck for the league.
Caustic Arrow Pathfinder - Heist
Last edited by MechanicalLord on Oct 18, 2020, 2:32:59 AM
I have a really dumb question about quiver crafting. This is the first time I've ever really done any crafting, so I was following what was written in the guide.

I ended up with +Life and %Chaos Dmg Over Time Multiplier. I went to the crafting bench to craft the %Dmg Over Time Multiplier but I don't see it.

Does that mean I haven't found the craft yet? Or can that one only roll while I'm doing the alt/aug/regal?

If it's the latter, should I just start back over and try to get both of the damage instead of one+Life?

Last edited by Piffle213 on Oct 17, 2020, 7:23:56 AM
"
Piffle213 wrote:
I went to the crafting bench to craft the %Dmg Over Time Multiplier but I don't see it.

Increased Damage over Time is a prefix from the crafting bench.

(11-20)% increased Damage over Time is found as a recipe in the Labyrinth Trial in The Crypt

(21-30)% increased Damage over Time is found as a recipe in a Castle Ruins Map
"
Piffle213 wrote:
Spoiler
I have a really dumb question about quiver crafting. This is the first time I've ever really done any crafting, so I was following what was written in the guide.

I ended up with +Life and %Chaos Dmg Over Time Multiplier. I went to the crafting bench to craft the %Dmg Over Time Multiplier but I don't see it.

Does that mean I haven't found the craft yet? Or can that one only roll while I'm doing the alt/aug/regal?

If it's the latter, should I just start back over and try to get both of the damage instead of one+Life?

I never specified you can bench craft generic DoT multiplier, because you can't. By "craft remaining suffix" i mean to craft any suffix from crafting bench you'll find useful (so usually resistances). Simply finish the quiver since it should be good enough already, assuming you stick to crafting method i provided.

Getting high life and 2 DoT suffixes is extremely unlikely and you shouldn't expect to get it.

"
Lord_Banshee wrote:
Spoiler
"
Piffle213 wrote:
I went to the crafting bench to craft the %Dmg Over Time Multiplier but I don't see it.

Increased Damage over Time is a prefix from the crafting bench.

(11-20)% increased Damage over Time is found as a recipe in the Labyrinth Trial in The Crypt

(21-30)% increased Damage over Time is found as a recipe in a Castle Ruins Map

This mod can only be crafted on weapons iirc.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
This mod can only be crafted on weapons iirc.

Ah, truth. 1 and 2-handed melee and ranged weapons only.
October 17th, 2020
Gem Setups:
* Added Alternate Quality Gems List. You can find it inside "Optional Gems" section.

Map Mods:
* Minor changes to couple of map mod commentaries to better reflect how dangerous they are.

Path of Building:
* New PoB build is now available!
* Set up Pantheon in Fork PoB.
* Corrected # of Wither Stacks to 15 in Fork PoB. Some changes to PoB broke it and i noticed it only recently.
* Fixed Cursed Frenzy setup. Now correctly uses Barrage Support instead of GMP.
* Added "Cannot Leech" mods to Jade Flask to further remove unnecessary clutter when comparing gear/passive trees.

FAQ:
* Added "What's the purpose of Barrage Support inside Cursed Frenzy setup?"
* Updated question about Evade Chance cap to include Dread Banner.
* Removed question about Abyssal Cry, since the gem was reworked recently.

=================

It's been over a month and original PoB still hasn't been updated to 3.12 patch. I don't have any problems with that. I'm only curious, why? Is OpenARL too busy which is probably the case, or is it a way of him leaving the project to the community? After all, fork is more and more popular with many extra features. Regardless of the reason i consider fully switching to fork and removing any support for original PoB. I'll think about it again in 2 months.
Just broke 1 million tooltip in my hideout, no charges or extra auras.. Thanks again for the build DankawSL !

I'm trying to craft a bow like this one but I've spent about 8 exalts with no luck just yet.. (Faceted,Corroded,Metallic,Prismatic) My current bow is similar but doesn't have the +STR gems

(not my bow, just an example and yes you can get better stuff than crit multi)
Last edited by shiftnative on Oct 18, 2020, 4:19:55 PM
"
Hunter Helmet
Crafting method: Alt -> Regal -> Multimod
Essence method: Screaming/Shrieking Essence of Greed
Fossil method #1: Aberrant
Fossil method #2: Pristine + Aberrant (opt)

Influenced mods:
* Nearby Enemies have -9% to Chaos Resistance (Hunter, ilvl 85 suffix)

Crafted mods:
* (18-21)% increased Evasion Rating / +(12–14) to maximum Life
* Projectiles Pierce an additional Target / +1 to Level of Socketed Projectile Gems
* 7–8% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage

With limited ways to reduce enemy's resistances, this mod is a huge damage boost. This is especially true in chaos resistant maps and against bosses. I think single fossil spam is the best choice. Aberrant for highest chance of rolling the mod or Pristine so once you hit the mod, it's likely to be a decent helmet. I suggest the former.

Does the Projectiles Pierce an additional Target crafted mod only affect projectiles from skill gems socketed in that item? Or does it affect all?
"
Piffle213 wrote:
Does the Projectiles Pierce an additional Target crafted mod only affect projectiles from skill gems socketed in that item? Or does it affect all?

Pierce is global and affects all projectiles you fire. Gem level is local, affects only gems socketed inside the item with this mod. Extra pierce is the only reason i listed this mod.
Back again for another noob question!

So I just traded for a pair of unidentified Gripped gloves that actually rolled pretty well! I had originally intended on crafting myself for the Chaos Dmg Over Time affix, but since it already has it ... what should I do now?

Stats are:
15 Dex (Suffix)
13% Chaos Dmg Over Time (Suffix)
22% Fire Res (Suffix)
Adds 1-28 lightning dmg to attacks

The lightning seems completely useless and the Dex is meh. Fire res is nice but not a super high roll. So I guess the options are:

1. Scour the whole thing and craft it myself (this seems like a waste of currency?)

2. Add an affix with Exalt Orb and then craft the last affix

3. Craft Suffixes cannot be changed, scour the prefix (is that how that works? never done it) and then ... ? either use exalts or craft the "Can have 3 crafted mods"

4. Sell it for double what I paid for it and put that toward a pair that rolled better

5. Something else?

Edit: I guess it probably depends how much the better one would cost, if it's worth spending 4 exalt on the crafting vs just buying one
Last edited by Piffle213 on Oct 28, 2020, 8:09:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info