[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Thx for your clear answer. I have much fun to level for the moment. With some basic leveling gear, it's very smooth with a very good clear speed, always running. Only bosses really demand some time and kitting, more time than other builds I know for the moment.

Coming at the "pierce" nodes, I just wonder why you want to pierce, and even to use a pierce support while leveling, and even some pierce on your endgame quiver, because it seems that you rely more on chaos dot on the ground that on the real hit. In this logic, I understand more the "additional arrow" on the quiver, that creates a second caustic ground. Or does the pierce also create an additional caustic ground at each enemy pierced ? But these caustic grounds do not stack, or do they ?

In the same dea, I wonder if the attack speed is so important, because apparently you do not spam CA. So is onslaught ascendancy so useful if you forget its defensive counterparts.

(excuse my english, I'm french...)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Oct 8, 2020, 9:14:36 AM
"
Or does the pierce also create an additional caustic ground at each enemy pierced ?
Yes.

"
But these caustic grounds do not stack, or do they ?
No, they don't do increased damage, but they cover bigger area, so more mobs can be affected at the same time.

"
So is onslaught ascendancy so useful if you forget its defensive counterparts.
It is exactly for defensive purposes. You get +30% to evade. And how evade normally works is that It's really hard to push it past ~80% because of diminishing returns. I could stack evasion chance and flasks and stuff on a pathfinder but I would not reach 90% evade. As a raider you can reach 95% evade (which is the cap) thanks to that +30% because it doesn't share diminishing returns with evasion rating.
Thanks.

I also miss one thing : the usefulness of frenzy charges ? We constantly have onslaught and its side buffs, and it also triggers phasing and its side buffs. But why do we want frenzy charges, as we are not interested in attack speed ? For the +4% damage per charge ? Or something else ?
"
For the +4% damage per charge ?
Yes. 4% more damage per charge doesn't share diminishing returns with anything else, it's stronger than 4% increased damage or 4% multiplier.
ok thx.

Now at level 49, with wither totem and curse on hit/despair, bosses are melting. Very fun build, really. Very dynamic, a little bit of kitting, not only one button, I like it. I prepared my stuff for lvl 70, we'll see. :-D
Last edited by AaxFamily on Oct 8, 2020, 5:48:12 PM
I play this build nearly every league and this is the first league I was able to break 1mil dps..! Thanks again for this awesome guide. (still need to set up steelskin.. but I killed sirius 7 and working my way to 8!) I also want to get 30% damage over time gloves and swap to a rare helmet when I get the $$$

I also use a large cluster jewel with two mediums inside.

Last edited by shiftnative on Oct 9, 2020, 12:52:13 AM
Alright, ninth fossil hit gave me this:

Now I should be ready for red maps, right?
The other bow will be crafted at leisure to see if I can better the DPS.
It's ilvl=100 so I have a slim chance to catch "fire 2 additional arrows".

Still need to hit 20 on my CA+Supports.
Still need to run Jun missions and buy 2H-veiled weapons so I can get that 40% damage-over-time crafting.
Once I get those complete, she should be pushing half-a-mil DPS, as long as I can stay full-life, have onslaught and max-frenzy. Fun!
Hi, I really like the build, still working on it, but made a lot of progression lately. Pretty high level already without any sweat, but also due to public parties.

Still some random questions, hopefully someone to answer ;)

1. What's the actual playstyle? Just rotate frenzy/CA shooting so we get to (and keep) max frenzy stacks? How do you optimize the single target dps?
2. Are we doing elemental damage and should we stack some damage in there (regarding ascendency getting 40%) or only chaos damage is useful?
3. Is physical damage doing anything for our damage or is it 'just' DoT, Chaos damage and skill level?
4. Dread banner is just active and never placed?
5. Projectile damage/speed useful?
6. We need a lot of str/int, should we get that from passive tree or items?
7. Is pierce for damage or just so the aoe goes more in the middle of a pack?
8. Which base is the best bow, high phys dam + speed?

Thanks in advance!

PS. Yes i need a lot of upgrades, but out of cash for now :D
Last edited by Red_Devil_666 on Oct 9, 2020, 5:57:28 AM
Now at level 85 with correct gear. Still a lot of fun.

Testing things, I just wonder what is the advantage of barrage over GMP on frenzy ? GMP spreads more and touches/curses more enemy imho. I suppose that barrage has another advantage, but I do not see it. I thought perhaps it was stacking 3 frenzy charges in one shot, but it does not seem to be the case.

I also noticed that I can replace the banner with a double aura grace/malevolence with enlighten, which gives more evade chance at the end on POB. 70 mana left, but enough mana regen to sustain mapping. And thus it seems that I obtain 95% evade chance without any flask under POB (and even without "wind dancer"). Does it seem possible to you or do I make a mistake somewhere ??? because then, i could forget the jade flask and switch on a more physical mitigation flask (granite + %armor for ex). Because when I take a hit (it's not often), it hurts... ;-)

By the way, in POB, in the config part, we can enter the number of wither stacks the enemy receives (+6% chaos damage per stack !!!). It seems hat you did not put anything in your POB setup (even if you mention it in the guide). It makes a huge difference. With 2 totems, an average cast speed of 4 per second, and a duration of 2 seconds, I supposed that the max 15 stacks can be obtained : does it seems coherent with your experience on long fights ?

Last edited by AaxFamily on Oct 12, 2020, 12:23:46 PM
now level 90, still wondering if hitting 95% evade chance in POB without flask nor wind-dancer is sufficient, because under POE, if I look at my defensive stats, it shows only 69% chance to evade attacks, and I can rise this number to 82% if I drink evasion flasks... So I wonder if POB is correct... First time I level an evasive character, so I'm a little confused...

BTW, I failed on Sirus 5, seems that he resist chaos a lot, no ? It feels like it was during a very long time between phases. For him, I will stick on my ancestral warchief chieftain who is more solid ;-)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Oct 12, 2020, 1:39:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info