[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

So I picked up a pair of 6L Imperials for crafting. 4th fossil hit got this:

So I think I'll run around with this 70% upgrade over that Null's Inclination I was using, until I make a correct bow with the other 6L Imperial.
Any convenient way I can flip the Fletcher's mod into a Sharpshooter's mod?
Last edited by Lord_Banshee on Oct 7, 2020, 5:30:28 AM
hi umm so i got lucky with 86+ilvl thicket bow

so i am curious

nxt step is

>craft suffixes cannot be changed mod for 2 ex

>then scour to remove the flat physical mod(prefix) on bow

>now craft cannot roll attack mod

>then use an exalted orb guarantees "+1 Socketed Gems"

is this method still working in 3.12

cause i heard GGG changed the tag system so it wont work anymore

thanks in advance for checking ^_^
"
skS1 wrote:
Thanks for this amazing build guide and the effort you put in to it, i really enjoy playing his build.
I was looking in to useing arrow nova in link for (smooth) map clear,
Any tips from ppl how to compensate some of the dps loss?

Imo, Arrow Nova really falls off in high red maps damage wise and once you get at least one additional arrow, you can stop using it if you like.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Hi,
I'd like to test this build, but I wonder if we need to aim at 100% chance to hit, cumulating accuracy ?
Last edited by AaxFamily on Oct 7, 2020, 1:23:41 PM
"
I wonder if we need to aim at 100% chance to hit, cumulating accuracy ?
No. Caustic arrow explodes into puddle even if it misses.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
I wonder if we need to aim at 100% chance to hit, cumulating accuracy ?
No. Caustic arrow explodes into puddle even if it misses.

ok, so I suppose that "+xx life gained for each enemy hit" is useless too ?
"
Yeah I wouldn't bother, it's more useful on skills that shoot tons of arrows with 1 shot like rain of arrows or skills that you build around gmp / chain like ice shot.

You could get some mileage of it on frenzy + barrage support maybe but I always played a no-frenzy variation of CA so can't testify for that.
"
Viktranka wrote:
You could get some mileage of it on frenzy + barrage support maybe but I always played a no-frenzy variation of CA so can't testify for that.

is CA enough for bossing ? don't you need a stronger mono target skill ?
"
Define enough? It's a dot skill so you apply it and kite kinda like essence drain or vortex, you don't instaphase bosses. But I got 36 challenges with CA build in delirium and harvest so from my perspective it's viable. Depends what you wanna do with the build. If you wanna farm 100% delirious maps or sell boss killing services to groups it wouldn't be my skill of choice. I did kill Atziri in the temple with it on 6 man party but it was slow.
"
skS1 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for this amazing build guide and the effort you put in to it, i really enjoy playing his build.
I was looking in to useing arrow nova in link for (smooth) map clear,
Any tips from ppl how to compensate some of the dps loss?

Weapon swap, gem swap, additional single target setup without weapon swap (very much not recommended). That's pretty much all you can do. Personally i only use Arrow Nova for Legions because in that particular case damage is not a problem and extra coverage is necessary to get the most out of it. Extra arrows from bow which you can craft makes mapping comfortable without having to sacrifice damage by using Arrow Nova or GMP.

"
Lord_Banshee wrote:
Spoiler
So I picked up a pair of 6L Imperials for crafting. 4th fossil hit got this:

So I think I'll run around with this 70% upgrade over that Null's Inclination I was using, until I make a correct bow with the other 6L Imperial.
Any convenient way I can flip the Fletcher's mod into a Sharpshooter's mod?

There's none. You have to keep using fossils until +3 or use classic method.

"
ofdia wrote:
Spoiler
hi umm so i got lucky with 86+ilvl thicket bow

so i am curious

nxt step is

>craft suffixes cannot be changed mod for 2 ex

>then scour to remove the flat physical mod(prefix) on bow

>now craft cannot roll attack mod

>then use an exalted orb guarantees "+1 Socketed Gems"

is this method still working in 3.12

cause i heard GGG changed the tag system so it wont work anymore

thanks in advance for checking ^_^

Nobody from other guides solved your issue so you've come to me? Or nobody has as well explained crafting sections? Ah, doesn't matter.

Because GGG changed tag system doesn't mean it no longer works. In fact, it changed nothing for like 95% or more cases. It still works just fine, assuming your bow is uninfluenced.

"
Spoiler
Hi,
I'd like to test this build, but I wonder if we need to aim at 100% chance to hit, cumulating accuracy ?

No, you don't need accuracy. Build has decent amount by default and while it's not 100%, it's good enough. With 1 arrow you might miss monster sometimes while clearing, but eventually you should have 3 making accuracy not necessary. CA also explodes and leaves DoT ground where you clicked, assuming it reached it's destination.

Life on hit is not entirely useless, but it's not something to focus on. Life on kill and life regeneration are much better for recovery purposes.

You can judge if CA needs secondary damage skill for bossing yourself, just look at videos. I personally think it's fine, considering how tanky build can be if you invest into it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info