[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

So what’s the best bow base to use for our end game bow?
I'm currently leveling with this build and while clearing normal mobs and elites feels fine, bosses feel like they're taking a bit too long to down. I'm even using a tabula 6 link and weaving in a Toxic Rain shot (to proc Mirage Archer) every 3-4 shots.

Could I request someone to please look at my build so far and let me know if I'm missing something? I've read the guide thoroughly (at least I think so) and feel like I'm following it correctly.

POB: https://pastebin.com/dKxKd4hT

I haven't had these issues with necro, arc or even lacerate builds so I feel like it's something I'm missing.
Last edited by CrimsonWoe on Dec 23, 2019, 2:43:34 AM
What are the best catalyst in rings and amulets for this build my friends?... And the best skill with camtasia for amulet?... Thanks...
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
I'm currently leveling with this build and while clearing normal mobs and elites feels fine, bosses feel like they're taking a bit too long to down. I'm even using a tabula 6 link and weaving in a Toxic Rain shot (to proc Mirage Archer) every 3-4 shots.

Could I request someone to please look at my build so far and let me know if I'm missing something? I've read the guide thoroughly (at least I think so) and feel like I'm following it correctly.

POB: https://pastebin.com/dKxKd4hT

I haven't had these issues with necro, arc or even lacerate builds so I feel like it's something I'm missing.

The most obvious thing right now is your damage seems to be a bit low because you still have Pierce in your setup even after getting the pierce node, you're going to want to switch that over to Swift Affliction. And if you want to boost it even more go ahead and swap LMP for Conc Effect or Empower.
Last edited by Cinewulf on Dec 23, 2019, 7:26:25 AM
"
DankawSL wrote:
My 'rant' regarding Awakener race, aftermath
When i died, it was 8th day of the league. Only 3 people managed to kill Awakener for SSFHC race when i got instakilled. It was also the day i wanted to attempt Awakener himself, because at the pace i've raced would be 5th/6th on the ladder (assuming i managed to successfully kill him). I thought i still might have a chance to maybe have a shot at him despite death considering how few people tried him and how many people die at higher levels.

Now it's 9/10th day of the league, 9 more people have killed Sirus and secured spot on the ladder. Only one spot left now, and i still need at least few hours of farming to even think about facing conquerors again to farm last few watchstones. When i died it was the worst possible moment to do so. Unless i played for 15 hours per day, there was no chance for me to return to the race.

It's soul crushing. It's completely devastating. It hits me more than any death i've had in past two or so years. (i'm already fine if you're wondering, it wasn't as bad as i'm describing)

Now instead of officially (more or less) joining the ranks of very best players, playing a build that people viewed as a complete meme for years i'm back to usual place. I guess i'll still try to at least appear on the ladder in the first place, if i die trying then i guess the "early retirement" didn't matter. If i do kill him then probably as the only ranger because all 3 ascendancies are complete graveyard right now. This still isn't exactly what i was fighting for.

End of the rant. Had to get this off my chest.

On completely different note, to anyone who tries to craft +1 / +2 level hunter amulet. I've been informed that in-game tooltip doesn't reflect the bonus at all. In PoB the mod doesn't work either. However it 100% boosts CA gem, you can see it when you hover over the gem.

"
caio1471 wrote:
Hello, loved your build, i just have one question.

You mentioned the single target to be mediocre, do you think weapon swapping to a 6l ED staff would help ?

That's what original used to do. No, it doesn't work anymore. You can try doing Toxic Rain swap but i don't think it's necessary.

"
NorrisTBK wrote:
What type of helmet do you recommend to craft -9chaos res with high life !

This should be obvious, Lion Pelt. You want that extra evasion.

"
isonoob wrote:
What are the pros and cons of using despair blasphemy with impresence vs despair frenzy setup?

With blasphemy you kill rares quicker during mapping and that's it. For bossing CoH setup is stronger because it persists on the monster even if you move out of blasphemy range - giving you freedom when it comes to position. You can also use real amulet, hunter influenced ones are the second biggest dps boost you can get on a gear after the bow.

Regarding the amulet. It snapshots the CA gem when you enter a zone. It updates the tooltip when you resocket the CA or weapon swap back and forth. I am not sure if it's just a visual bug or if it really needs to be updated on every zone change. Though I got used to do a quick weapon swap on zone ins. And since I'm running 2 +3 weapons with decent quivers for single target and mapping (arrow nova is decent) I'm usually swapping multiple times per map.

Ohh and edit:
The amulet mods only boost active skill gems.
Last edited by tom333 on Dec 23, 2019, 12:25:04 PM
"
tom333 wrote:
"
DankawSL wrote:
My 'rant' regarding Awakener race, aftermath
When i died, it was 8th day of the league. Only 3 people managed to kill Awakener for SSFHC race when i got instakilled. It was also the day i wanted to attempt Awakener himself, because at the pace i've raced would be 5th/6th on the ladder (assuming i managed to successfully kill him). I thought i still might have a chance to maybe have a shot at him despite death considering how few people tried him and how many people die at higher levels.

Now it's 9/10th day of the league, 9 more people have killed Sirus and secured spot on the ladder. Only one spot left now, and i still need at least few hours of farming to even think about facing conquerors again to farm last few watchstones. When i died it was the worst possible moment to do so. Unless i played for 15 hours per day, there was no chance for me to return to the race.

It's soul crushing. It's completely devastating. It hits me more than any death i've had in past two or so years. (i'm already fine if you're wondering, it wasn't as bad as i'm describing)

Now instead of officially (more or less) joining the ranks of very best players, playing a build that people viewed as a complete meme for years i'm back to usual place. I guess i'll still try to at least appear on the ladder in the first place, if i die trying then i guess the "early retirement" didn't matter. If i do kill him then probably as the only ranger because all 3 ascendancies are complete graveyard right now. This still isn't exactly what i was fighting for.

End of the rant. Had to get this off my chest.

On completely different note, to anyone who tries to craft +1 / +2 level hunter amulet. I've been informed that in-game tooltip doesn't reflect the bonus at all. In PoB the mod doesn't work either. However it 100% boosts CA gem, you can see it when you hover over the gem.

"
caio1471 wrote:
Hello, loved your build, i just have one question.

You mentioned the single target to be mediocre, do you think weapon swapping to a 6l ED staff would help ?

That's what original used to do. No, it doesn't work anymore. You can try doing Toxic Rain swap but i don't think it's necessary.

"
NorrisTBK wrote:
What type of helmet do you recommend to craft -9chaos res with high life !

This should be obvious, Lion Pelt. You want that extra evasion.

"
isonoob wrote:
What are the pros and cons of using despair blasphemy with impresence vs despair frenzy setup?

With blasphemy you kill rares quicker during mapping and that's it. For bossing CoH setup is stronger because it persists on the monster even if you move out of blasphemy range - giving you freedom when it comes to position. You can also use real amulet, hunter influenced ones are the second biggest dps boost you can get on a gear after the bow.

Regarding the amulet. It snapshots the CA gem when you enter a zone. It updates the tooltip when you resocket the CA or weapon swap back and forth. I am not sure if it's just a visual bug or if it really needs to be updated on every zone change. Though I got used to do a quick weapon swap on zone ins. And since I'm running 2 +3 weapons with decent quivers for single target and mapping (arrow nova is decent) I'm usually swapping multiple times per map.

Ohh and edit:
The amulet mods only boost active skill gems.

Yep, was just about to post this Tom. I ended up selling my amulet, because I wasn't sure if it was just a visual bug or not.
Also, if your using LocalIdentity's PoB fork, the new mods should work fine.
"
MrMustang wrote:

Yep, was just about to post this Tom. I ended up selling my amulet, because I wasn't sure if it was just a visual bug or not.
Also, if your using LocalIdentity's PoB fork, the new mods should work fine.

The amulet does work, after you force the gem to update. Ive read a bugreport on the forums before, which tested this with Molten Strike and the number of balls it spawns. Im not finding the bug report but it basically states what i said. If you resocket your gem it works, till zone change. Since weapon switching also updates the tooltip i assume it works after that too.
Could anyone indicate how much it costs (roughly of course) to craft your own +3 bow (without the DoT modifier)? I have the imperial 6L now and hesitate to start the actual crafting - playing on normal meta league btw.
Any tips for increasing damage? around T13-14 it starts to take awhile to kill bosses and metas.
Using mirage archer and totems as well, still feels kinda slow.
Hey,

Very cool and very strong build, played hc to lvl 92, i just died by my greedy fault with 20ex+ stuffs <3

Thank you for this one, was very fun ! ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info