[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL wrote:
Not gonna lie the death looked hilarious. Sad way to go out, but if i wanted to go for Awakener i still could, probably. I'll probably go for another run, but more casually.
RIP :( I think I've seen some streamers die to similar thing, Zizaran maybe?

"
Imiona wrote:
Has someone played this Build with Toxic Rain maybe?
You'd have to make small changes like: add more attack speed, more mana sustain / cost reductions, you can skip pierce and extra arrows but you'd want anything that increases aoe size of skills, skill effect duration is also nice.

Don't know if it would be hardcore viable, because toxic rain requires you to actually stand and shoot for max damage potential so it's harder to keep moving to dodge stuff.
December 21st, 2019
Equipment:
* Added note under quiver that +1 arrow is necessary for reliable onslaught upkeep on bosses.

Crafting Section:
* Updated all other gear crafting. Not much has changed, with exception of amulet crafting which is probably the most expensive craft you can make.
* With all the new options, the section is actually very hard to maintain. There's too many crafting possibilities, too many ridiculous gear you can craft. It will need attention in the future.

Path of Building:
* Updated PoB link.
* Changed Faceted Fossil bow to currently recommended End Game bow.
* The End Game bow now uses Thicket base, since there's no room to craft extra attack speed.
* Added amulet annointment - Corruption.
* I will add another PoB with very expensive version of the build in the future.

"
Viktranka wrote:
RIP :( I think I've seen some streamers die to similar thing, Zizaran maybe?

No idea, i don't recall anything like this at all. I know some people complained about hunter influence in general being overtuned tho.

I didn't have any problems with any influence except one particular mob from crusader who deals A LOT of damage. The instakill surprised me, but i guess the circumstances were perfect for it to happen.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 21, 2019, 12:48:26 PM
Can anyone answer this:
Why should we go for "30% caustic arrow duration" over caustic arrow damage Helm enchant ?
Thank you and loving the build so far.
"
Can anyone answer this:
Why should we go for "30% caustic arrow duration" over caustic arrow damage Helm enchant ?
Thank you and loving the build so far.

So you can keep dealing damage even while dodging. At lower duration values (below 2 seconds) it happens very often that degen runs out before you reapply it. It lowers effective DPS by such amounts that damage enchant will have very hard times to overcome. Good example is Redeemer fight where you have to keep running for few seconds.

Not to mention it has wide variety of uses, especially for delve where you need to defend position. Longer duration equals more area covered. Pre-placing CA while kiting is more effective too. I'll take it over extra damage any time.

Besides, i've said they're more or less equal in power. My preference is the extra duration, you'll love it in the long run.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 21, 2019, 2:03:04 PM

need to link it :)
"
volish2k wrote:

need to link it :)

Oh my.. Sweet stuff!

Swallowed my soul and regaled the bow. I'm pretty much a crafting noob and even with the step-by-step on the first page I feel a bit lost, so I was hoping someone could help out with some advice on where to take this bow further.

Should I be rolling cannot roll attack mods and then exalt slamming it for the +1 to gems, or is there another step I need to reach before that stage?
I had a very very good league start with a variation of this build, made over 45 Exalts in 3 Days and spent arround 15 to 17 Exalts on this Baby, I got it today <3

The difference is beyond everything, from 390k Tooltip Ticks to 716k almost doubled it....t16 bosses are ticking down in 4-6 sec, 600%+ Metamorph dies in 10-15 sec it is just so cool (awakening lvl 8 btw)

Worth playing and especially WORTH invest - what you need these days is controll over fights and dont blind facetank it, CA can do that :)

Rest of my Gear, not perfect but you always need to have smth to work on right?

Btw I crafted every single piece by myself cause the league didn't offer stuff like that (bought the helm enchant base and maraketh ilvl elder base (unlinked) :P)
#stillinlovewithGGG
Last edited by LouiX on Dec 21, 2019, 6:19:52 PM
As i haven't got the time to play the current league, i decided to check how the build may perform, if you can invest big time into crafting in standard league. So i am currently working on a complete setup, mostly with leftovers from past leagues (played the build the past 3 leagues) and new crafted items.

Currently i already got:

The gloves i'll most likely finish with aisling and for the amulet i need to gather some more currency first. Have to go for boots and rings afterwards, which might be tricky, because i still need quite some resistances (want to cap chaos resistance as well). And of course some divining an hillock quality still to do as well...

It's fun and i am really curious how well the build will perform with this much investment.
Last edited by basta1982 on Dec 22, 2019, 12:08:35 AM
Hi :)
Why must we scour the bow (after we regal it) when we hit a prefix (end game bow craft) ?
We remove all prefixes after we crafted: suffixes can not be changed...

Nice build btw 😀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info