[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
Could anyone indicate how much it costs (roughly of course) to craft your own +3 bow (without the DoT modifier)? I have the imperial 6L now and hesitate to start the actual crafting - playing on normal meta league btw.

It took me 9 tries to craft the +3 using Corroded/Metallic/Jagged fossils. With Corroded so expensive this league it worked out to roughly ~155c total in crafting mats. You'll probably hit some +1/+1 or +2 Bow gems along the way, so if currency is an issue those are both fine to work with while you farm up to try again.
December 24th, 2019
Overview:
* Adjusted pros/cons to reflect current end game gear prices

Levelling and Progression:
* Changed levelling trees for levels 9 to 54. The goal is to pick up more damage in exchange for defence. It's a necessary sacrifice driven by recent adjustments to campaign difficulty (monster hp).
* Mirage Archer has been replaced by Volley. It's now significantly better for clearing at early acts.
* Updated progression for red maps (end game goals).

Videos:
* Added playlist with all 5 Conquerors being defeated. Recorded by my guildmate who tried the build this league as well. SSFSC league.

"
Kodesterx wrote:
Should I try to get quality on the extra CA gems I was leveling before I try and corrupt them?

It would be cool to get quality for extra AoE, but this league especially you need more damage as fast as possible. Level 21 first, quality later.

"
Cromi38 wrote:
So what’s the best bow base to use for our end game bow?

Crafting guide clearly states what bases are the best:

Bow bases, from best to worst:
* Highest base attack speed OR Maraketh Bow (+10% MS)
* Lowest base attack speed

"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
Spoiler

I'm currently leveling with this build and while clearing normal mobs and elites feels fine, bosses feel like they're taking a bit too long to down. I'm even using a tabula 6 link and weaving in a Toxic Rain shot (to proc Mirage Archer) every 3-4 shots.

Could I request someone to please look at my build so far and let me know if I'm missing something? I've read the guide thoroughly (at least I think so) and feel like I'm following it correctly.

POB: https://pastebin.com/dKxKd4hT

I haven't had these issues with necro, arc or even lacerate builds so I feel like it's something I'm missing.

I'm looking at your profile and i believe you should not have any single target issues at all. Your setup obviously changed before i respond. Proper Wither totem setup, Despair and 4-link should quickly phase any boss. With GMP you have damage of 4-link, because you can't use a damage support gem and also have high damage penalty.

"
Vyr75 wrote:
What are the best catalyst in rings and amulets for this build my friends?... And the best skill with camtasia for amulet?... Thanks...

It heavily depends on what stats your jewellery pieces have. Life or resistance catalysts are the only ones that are useful.

"
tom333 wrote:
Spoiler
Regarding the amulet. It snapshots the CA gem when you enter a zone. It updates the tooltip when you resocket the CA or weapon swap back and forth. I am not sure if it's just a visual bug or if it really needs to be updated on every zone change. Though I got used to do a quick weapon swap on zone ins. And since I'm running 2 +3 weapons with decent quivers for single target and mapping (arrow nova is decent) I'm usually swapping multiple times per map.

Ohh and edit:
The amulet mods only boost active skill gems.

"
MrMustang wrote:
Spoiler
Yep, was just about to post this Tom. I ended up selling my amulet, because I wasn't sure if it was just a visual bug or not.
Also, if your using LocalIdentity's PoB fork, the new mods should work fine.

"
tom333 wrote:
Spoiler
The amulet does work, after you force the gem to update. Ive read a bugreport on the forums before, which tested this with Molten Strike and the number of balls it spawns. Im not finding the bug report but it basically states what i said. If you resocket your gem it works, till zone change. Since weapon switching also updates the tooltip i assume it works after that too.

That's good to know. Hope the issues are resolved soon.

"
Bulgeasaur wrote:
Any tips for increasing damage? around T13-14 it starts to take awhile to kill bosses and metas.
Using mirage archer and totems as well, still feels kinda slow.

I made quick look. In general you're not following the guidelines like you should've been. Self-implemented "improvements" usually end up in disaster. Some things:

* Wrong flasks, classic mistake.
* Passive tree misses crucial damage nodes at shadow area
* Your Toxic Rain setup is not optimal. Frenzy should give you more effective damage while remaining mobile.
* Ignoring progression steps. They exist because they're important AND cheap upgrades.
* Your CA gem level is only 19.
* You're engaging high tier content without having basics ready. I mentioned at the beginning of mapping progression - Do not rush content.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 24, 2019, 12:23:36 AM
Any thoughts on taking Avatar of the Slaughter as opposed to Veil?
(I'm SC, not HC if that matters)
Logged in just to say that this guide is really well written (pleasure to find things and read).

This guide as a veteran poe player made me progress through maps very easily I'm sure it also is for newer players.

Bosses still take a bit of time to kill but I'm only lvl 84 with 19ca gem and +2 bow doing t9s. As someone that's a bit eager to get to red maps that's nagging me a bit but that's the only thing.

Something that's important this league is to get chaos res. It helps that the build has access to 20chaos res on the tree.

Anyway thanks for the guide, I really love CA never got around to playing it
Thank you for the build, using it as a league starter and been progressing slowly - still in t1-t4 maps and haven't done uber lab, trying to get more gem level and quality at the moment.

Any suggestion on what gear to upgrade first? (have cap all resist + chaos)

Almost forgot, I am still using grace aura, when should I switch to Malevolence? Thank you.
Last edited by whyarewehere on Dec 24, 2019, 6:10:32 AM
@DankawSL
Sth i havent seen in here yet (might have been discussed on some missed pages during blight), but have you considered using withering step? In cwdt it basically does what kintsugi does and caps out our dodge/spell dodge unless we immediatly attack. And as a selfcast it helps manually dodging attacks/spells and is really useful when flask charges are down. I'm currently using both versions, selfcast especially on Awakener.

The only "real" downside of the cwdt setup is the sudden speedboost that might throw off your movement, but i dont recall that ever being an issue for me.
"
whyarewehere wrote:
Almost forgot, I am still using grace aura, when should I switch to Malevolence? Thank you.

you shouldn't need to use grace aura as soon as you get onslaught ascendancy (30% more evade) and a jade flask of reflexes. this will evade cap you without grace aura
Im having trouble with PoB and evade cap.

Theorically I have more evasion than the Pob listed here with items etc, but when I load my tree I dont get the 95%. Anyone knows how many evasion do u need to swap malevolence? I am in 24k atm
"
BanyaSGX wrote:
Any thoughts on taking Avatar of the Slaughter as opposed to Veil?
(I'm SC, not HC if that matters)

But what does that route gives? 4% more damage and extra attack speed you already have plenty? Absolutely pointless compared to Veil's defences.

"
whyarewehere wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you for the build, using it as a league starter and been progressing slowly - still in t1-t4 maps and haven't done uber lab, trying to get more gem level and quality at the moment.

Any suggestion on what gear to upgrade first? (have cap all resist + chaos)

Your gear is overall fine right now, you got the basics down. What you want to do now is your choice. I would hunt for more life on gear. Helmet especially, could be evasion based and you could easily fossil craft it since it's stats aren't impressive (except the enchantment). Consider saving up for Empower 4 too.

You switch to Malevolence after you have necessary flasks (Jade + #% increased evasion rating), otherwise you won't be capped. It is mentioned in progression section.

"
tom333 wrote:
Spoiler
@DankawSL
Sth i havent seen in here yet (might have been discussed on some missed pages during blight), but have you considered using withering step? In cwdt it basically does what kintsugi does and caps out our dodge/spell dodge unless we immediatly attack. And as a selfcast it helps manually dodging attacks/spells and is really useful when flask charges are down. I'm currently using both versions, selfcast especially on Awakener.

The only "real" downside of the cwdt setup is the sudden speedboost that might throw off your movement, but i dont recall that ever being an issue for me.

I find self-casting Withering Step pointless. It's awful during map clear since you find packs every 1-2 seconds, so the buff isn't going to be very useful except backtracking.

I haven't thought about using it in CWDT setup tho. It might be useful against spells, or save me from my last death. It won't help much in majority of the cases since the build is ridiculously tanky already. Ideally the build is going to have ~70-75% spell dodge after taking spell hit anyway. Still, something to consider.

Kintsugi is used mostly for the 20% less damage. Extra damage is more of an extra bonus.

"
LuqhEltod wrote:
Spoiler
Im having trouble with PoB and evade cap.

Theorically I have more evasion than the Pob listed here with items etc, but when I load my tree I dont get the 95%. Anyone knows how many evasion do u need to swap malevolence? I am in 24k atm

FAQ: How do i know that i'm evade chance capped?
A: Check your character sheet (C) and find estimated chance to evade attacks. With flasks activated you need ~73% to be capped. That's assuming you have onslaught buff active which enables Raider's 30% more chance to evade. That buff is not included in those calculations.

I did not include 15% less monster accuracy while phasing debuff as it should be treated as an extra buffer against certain monster/map mods.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 24, 2019, 1:26:16 PM
Hi DankawSL,

Just a quick question on the quiver crafting part - You don't seem to mention the DMG over time multiplier for Warlord quiver. It also doesn't seem to be a part of the chaos fossil possible outcomes if you are to believe the recourse sites.

It might make alt-crafting the quiver more beneficial if that is the only way to hit it, I have a magic one now with dmg over time multiplier and 99 life roll, I believe in the power of regaling extra arrow :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info