[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

You should put in your crafting section that +1 gems can be slammed for free by Leo, or by using Farric Wolf Alpha for 20-25c, which "adds prefix/removes suffix" and will guarantee the mod, even if it removes CRAM.

And though this allows you to slam +1 without suffixes being full, you should try to regal a suffix on any bow you craft, as you need the open prefixes and will miss out on +2 gems or 40% NA chaos multi.

If you're super rich, you should be able to lock prefixes and use the opposite beastcraft (+suffix/-prefix) to slam/scour/recraft until you hit a chase mod.
Last edited by glappoid on Mar 30, 2019, 3:47:56 PM
"
Kintsugi 6L or 5L? in your guide 5L

4-link. You don't need anything higher than that. I simply have the "misfortune" to 5 or 6-link by accident.

"
Japan wrote:
I want to play this build on consoles as semi ssf because of the crappy market. So the question is raider or trickster? What are your thoughts about it? I'm a bow newbie and want to follow your build.

I honestly don't know. The guide is written specifically for Raider with some universal gear/gem choices, it would be the easiest to follow. Trickster is currently the strongest ascendancy, but you gear him differently and has many possible defensive choices.

I'm also worried about targetting on console, that GMP/Mirage Archer might be necessary to effectively clear. For that Trickster is also better since he has higher dmg output and can negate low damage easily (and it's SSF on top of that). I'm slightly in favour of the shadow's ascendancy in this case.

"
glappoid wrote:
Spoiler
You should put in your crafting section that +1 gems can be slammed for free by Leo, or by using Farric Wolf Alpha for 20-25c, which "adds prefix/removes suffix" and will guarantee the mod, even if it removes CRAM.

And though this allows you to slam +1 without suffixes being full, you should try to regal a suffix on any bow you craft, as you need the open prefixes and will miss out on +2 gems or 40% NA chaos multi.

If you're super rich, you should be able to lock prefixes and use the opposite beastcraft (+suffix/-prefix) to slam/scour/recraft until you hit a chase mod.

I am fully aware of both mods and i thought about adding them, but i will not include them in the crafting methods. I would rather make an entirely new and separate crafting guide focused on mechanics (and i've been thinking about it lately). Explaination:

* Leo slam - considering your average newbie will not know how to manipulate syndicate very well, he might not ever get him or will not do it early enough. Paying someone for the Leo bench service can very easily backfire (scam), not to mention going through the shithole named trade chat (unbearable in SC from my experience).

* Bestiary recipe - i can already see people trying to upgrade their only bow... only to not have anything to fight monsters with. It's safe for the most part, so i COULD potentially include it.

* Third reason - fossil method is just better and cheaper, i mention it for a reason. No scams possible. For elder bow crafting if you actually have enough money for it (assuming you got all previous upgrades), you should have knowledge of both previously mentioned crafting options. You have to remember, elder bow (or synthesis bow) is the last major upgrade you should make.

* Fourth reason - it clutters the crafting method. People would also ask me constantly "but which one is better?!" and will only confuse people that benefits the most from the crafting guide. Still most likely cheaper than buying already crafted bow from trade.

I'm unsure of the last paragraph. I'm not entirely certain if you get free suffix that way. I could test it one day. Again, this is high end crafting and if you were to do it (only case being +1 arrow on elder bow), it would take you A LOT of money.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hello there, i'm following your build in HC Synthesis.

I just 6linked my Kintsugi trying to get a 5L... so i have:

Bow: CA with all the good supports
Kintsugi: Frenzy, GMP, culling strike, CoH, Despair + faster attack that i plan to change for temporal chains when i get my +1 curse amulet.
Boots: CWDT, ID, IC, Phase Run (why dont you play phase run? i think it's a really nice gem to have linked on cwdt)
Gloves: Spell totem, multiple totems, ID, wither

And idk what do you with my 4 last sockets on the helmet. I need Blink Arrow + faster attack, Vaal Grace... and last socket Clarity or Decoy totem... decoy is very defensive, but without clarity i feel like some bosses will be a pain in the ass... should i really use Blink Arrow without faster attacks?

Very nice guide man, your crafting guide really helped me since i didnt play for some leagues and had no idea what the fossils were.
Hi again,
So I revamped all my gear. Up to 6.3k life. Is dying sun really worth it, my single target dps is what is lacking as you note. Dying sun looks like it would mostly help with random trash mobs and rares? It's about the only thing I have left to buy.
when i bought a level 3 empower...it actually reduced my dps by a lot. not sure why versus attack on full health.
i bought a 21/20 gem as I had no luck on my 2 20/20 gems and waiting for the others with 20 quality to get to 20 levels and try those I grew impatient and just bought one.
my tooltip dps in my ho is only 188k. I guess I will add another jewel slot and hope to get it up higher.
I tried yellow elder on my own...and to stay alive used all my pots, had to alt f4 cause not enough mobs spawn in first phase to refill them. since then though I did buy the 21/20 and am releveling all my now 20 quality gem. I also bought a different +1 arrow quiver from one i had. This one was way better. I fixed the boots...got 4 off colors for the wither totem setup using the jeweler method (300 jews about).
I think i'm just about complete gear wise I just need to level up.(89)
so far yellow elder was the only thing that has given me trouble.
incidentally i found someone to help with the fight. Sparker. he died really well with that guy helping and shaper stay alive in 2nd phase, but zana's bubble did not protect me and his explosion killed me, even though i was clearly in her bubble. weird.
Last note: I bought an evasion amulet(19%) and ring (5%) and it barely nudged my evasion. sitting at 51% in ho...not sure where else i can improve it.
Very impressive guide, appreciate the crafting information as well. Will be trying this next league, thanks.
Using this build I finished Red Tier Elder as well as Shaper fight last night. Finally got my Elder orb for this league! Uber Elder feels a bit too scary to go after right now, though.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) I'm curious what you would suggest using in the extra gem sockets we have?
2) What gear slots should we try to fit Chaos Resistance% on? Both Betrayal and Incursion content prompt me to equip more Chaos Resistance, but I'm struggling to find the best place to fit it in. I'm even considering running an Amethyst Flask until I get Dying Sun.

"
mdrlolkikoo wrote:
... should i really use Blink Arrow without faster attacks?

3) I'm curious to hear your answer to the above question from mdrlokikoo as well.
Last edited by octeris on Apr 1, 2019, 4:20:11 PM
"
mdrlolkikoo wrote:
Boots: CWDT, ID, IC, Phase Run (why dont you play phase run? i think it's a really nice gem to have linked on cwdt)

Very nice guide man, your crafting guide really helped me since i didnt play for some leagues and had no idea what the fossils were.

once you get all of the lab ascensions you will have phasing up pretty much all the time.

also wanted to say i really appreciate the crafting guides! having fun getting into crafting this league and it helped a lot.
Last edited by qaizr on Apr 1, 2019, 2:04:58 PM
guys i have this bow:
https://i.imgur.com/EKJ5MK2.jpg
what now?
craft "Cannot roll attack mods" -> drop exalt on bow (+1?) -> craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" -> craft Can have multiple Crafted Mods -> craft +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems

cannot roll attacks mods = 1ex
Prefixes cannot be changed = 2ex
+1 = 1ex
+2 - how? and where can i get = ?

so its like 4ex + idk
Last edited by fuksdelux on Apr 1, 2019, 3:17:06 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
once you get all of the lab ascensions you will have phasing up pretty much all the time.

oh yeah i totally forgot about these, thanks mate! So one more gem slot pog
Last edited by mdrlolkikoo on Apr 1, 2019, 4:08:07 PM
"
mdrlolkikoo wrote:
Spoiler
Hello there, i'm following your build in HC Synthesis.

I just 6linked my Kintsugi trying to get a 5L... so i have:

Bow: CA with all the good supports
Kintsugi: Frenzy, GMP, culling strike, CoH, Despair + faster attack that i plan to change for temporal chains when i get my +1 curse amulet.
Gloves: Spell totem, multiple totems, ID, wither

And idk what do you with my 4 last sockets on the helmet. I need Blink Arrow + faster attack, Vaal Grace... and last socket Clarity or Decoy totem... decoy is very defensive, but without clarity i feel like some bosses will be a pain in the ass... should i really use Blink Arrow without faster attacks?

I generally dislike phase run due to having to tap another button every pack for movespeed which also consumes frenzy charges (if you have any). Quicksilver flask feels much better since it's a long term move speed buff.

Basically every gem listed inside gem setups that's not optional should always be included. Vaal Grace can be replaced if you have enough spell dodge on your own. Clarity can potentially be replaced if you invest into mana regen/reduced mana cost with skills, but that's just not worth imo. Other gems are situational.

Blink Arrow is not used as primary movement skill, but a supplementary to cross gaps and get out of sticky situation. Faster Attacks shouldn't be necessary, it's "only" ~25% more attack speed. If you have bonus gem slots then sure, why not.

"
IceMatrix wrote:
Spoiler
Hi again,
So I revamped all my gear. Up to 6.3k life. Is dying sun really worth it, my single target dps is what is lacking as you note. Dying sun looks like it would mostly help with random trash mobs and rares? It's about the only thing I have left to buy.
when i bought a level 3 empower...it actually reduced my dps by a lot. not sure why versus attack on full health.
i bought a 21/20 gem as I had no luck on my 2 20/20 gems and waiting for the others with 20 quality to get to 20 levels and try those I grew impatient and just bought one.
my tooltip dps in my ho is only 188k. I guess I will add another jewel slot and hope to get it up higher.
I tried yellow elder on my own...and to stay alive used all my pots, had to alt f4 cause not enough mobs spawn in first phase to refill them. since then though I did buy the 21/20 and am releveling all my now 20 quality gem. I also bought a different +1 arrow quiver from one i had. This one was way better. I fixed the boots...got 4 off colors for the wither totem setup using the jeweler method (300 jews about).
I think i'm just about complete gear wise I just need to level up.(89)
so far yellow elder was the only thing that has given me trouble.
incidentally i found someone to help with the fight. Sparker. he died really well with that guy helping and shaper stay alive in 2nd phase, but zana's bubble did not protect me and his explosion killed me, even though i was clearly in her bubble. weird.
Last note: I bought an evasion amulet(19%) and ring (5%) and it barely nudged my evasion. sitting at 51% in ho...not sure where else i can improve it.

Yes, Dying Sun is flask for clearing. No flask can really help with DPS on this build (no, Witchfire Brew does not help with boss dps either).

Empower 3 will reduce DPS slighty, which is off-set by the fact you have that DPS permanently (you don't have to be on full life). Allows to use more powerful mods such as +2 to Support Gem or +1 to all Gems synthesised bows. Empower 4 is straight up superior

Elder is purely mechanical/knowledge fight. There's no need to use potions in first phase outside of life pots. Check my video, still relevant. Zana's bubble can bug out. It's best to get inside and not move, as running around sometimes disables the buff.

You're supposed to buy/craft ELDER RING with +5% to Evade Chance. Evasion rating doesn't help that much. Also you need to have ~70% with Jade flask up, since that defence is primarly necessary for normal monsters.

Vaal Grace and Dread Banner are missing. Toxic Rain setup is useless atm, it's better to dodge around. Also 3 life flask is a bit of overkill.

"
octeris wrote:
Spoiler
Using this build I finished Red Tier Elder as well as Shaper fight last night. Finally got my Elder orb for this league! Uber Elder feels a bit too scary to go after right now, though.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) I'm curious what you would suggest using in the extra gem sockets we have?
2) What gear slots should we try to fit Chaos Resistance% on? Both Betrayal and Incursion content prompt me to equip more Chaos Resistance, but I'm struggling to find the best place to fit it in. I'm even considering running an Amethyst Flask until I get Dying Sun.

"
mdrlolkikoo wrote:
... should i really use Blink Arrow without faster attacks?

3) I'm curious to hear your answer to the above question from mdrlokikoo as well.

Potential setups are listed inside optional gem setups. I usually level other gems inside or use them for specific skills that make certain fights easier (like Frost Wall for elder fight).

Any slot. Chaos resistance is not that extremely important. Sure it's cool to have if you happen to find a gear with it. It's better to invest into physical damage reduction imo, as most scary chaos skills like that are mostly physical. Seriously, endurance charge on kill boots are massive, you can feel the difference right away.

"
fuksdelux wrote:
Spoiler
guys i have this bow:
https://i.imgur.com/EKJ5MK2.jpg
what now?
craft "Cannot roll attack mods" -> drop exalt on bow (+1?) -> craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" -> craft Can have multiple Crafted Mods -> craft +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems

cannot roll attacks mods = 1ex
Prefixes cannot be changed = 2ex
+1 = 1ex
+2 - how? and where can i get = ?

so its like 4ex + idk

It is explained in crafting section. I personally wouldn't bother with multicrafting. Cannot roll attack mods, slam, craft chaos DoT multi and try to make/buy synthesised bow instead. I have no idea about the prices tho.

FAQ: Where can i find 33-40% Chaos DoT Multiplier and +2 Support Gems crafts?
A: Both of them can be acquired through unveiling items. Chaos DoT Multi can appear on any weapon, relatively easy to acquire. +2 Levels to Socketed Support Gems is a Mastermind exclusive mod, so unlocking it will take a lot of time or luck. Item level 80+ items can give you +2 levels. Below ilvl 80 items only have +1 level.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info