[3.7] Bashtart's Frost Blades Trickster * Oni-Goroshi * Insane Speed & Millions DPS with BF!

Here are some thoughts on this build:

I leveled using claws and farmed currency to buy my first oni, claws were good, damage was good but survivability was pretty poor all throughout.

Last season I played a molten strike/frost blade ranger. The first thing I notice, is that my AE clear is insane with this character, i can kite bosses somewhat as the range of frost blades is quite decent and at least at lower tier maps the damage is respectable, having a 6 link clear is nice to have.

The ranger I played last season focused heavily on evade, whereas this one seems to be armour from that converting node - why was this the route you took? I am finding that I am getting one shot, or very close to it alot of the time, it's a case of kill the boss in 6 seconds, or i'm a goner. I am kind of missing the mechanics of dodge/evade. Does it get better??

I've never really used our Main boss killing skill, and to be honest I am not really a fan of it. At this stage at least with my gear. I'm finding it difficult to run up to the boss, use all my flasks, then hold my secondary skill down for 4 seconds to unleash it - the damage is crazy when it goes off but it's really difficult to pull off consistently and if the boss moves, it's game over. What is the correct way to use that ability, as it is a channeling skill the lack of mobility is a problem for when we don't have the defenses to take hits from the bosses.

So far overall i'm enjoying the build, the damage is pretty obscene I just am not sure how well it will scale into the late game in terms of staying alive. My gear needs alot of work but would like to know other peoples opinions on the build.

Last edited by Nevzat on Mar 5, 2018, 7:40:22 PM
"
Nevzat wrote:
Here are some thoughts on this build:

I leveled using claws and farmed currency to buy my first oni, claws were good, damage was good but survivability was pretty poor all throughout.

Last season I played a molten strike/frost blade ranger. The first thing I notice, is that my AE clear is insane with this character, i can kite bosses somewhat as the range of frost blades is quite decent and at least at lower tier maps the damage is respectable, having a 6 link clear is nice to have.

The ranger I played last season focused heavily on evade, whereas this one seems to be armour from that converting node - why was this the route you took? I am finding that I am getting one shot, or very close to it alot of the time, it's a case of kill the boss in 6 seconds, or i'm a goner. I am kind of missing the mechanics of dodge/evade. Does it get better??

I've never really used our Main boss killing skill, and to be honest I am not really a fan of it. At this stage at least with my gear. I'm finding it difficult to run up to the boss, use all my flasks, then hold my secondary skill down for 4 seconds to unleash it - the damage is crazy when it goes off but it's really difficult to pull off consistently and if the boss moves, it's game over. What is the correct way to use that ability, as it is a channeling skill the lack of mobility is a problem for when we don't have the defenses to take hits from the bosses.

So far overall i'm enjoying the build, the damage is pretty obscene I just am not sure how well it will scale into the late game in terms of staying alive. My gear needs alot of work but would like to know other peoples opinions on the build.

Hi Nevzat, last saison this was not my league starter... I more or less started full geared so I kinda also learn a few things now league starting with it. What I noticed so far is dmg is not a problem at all... I delete low level map bosses in 3-5 sec with molten strike.

So I really would recommend to focus fully on survivability for now! The defense is based on high life (+6,6k life is possible) and some damage mitgation. I decided to go Iron Reflexes to push my phy. mitigation to +40%... if you miss you evasion/dodge based defense... just spec out of iron reflexes and spec into Acrobatics.

Ah yeah one more thing I noticed... drop Frost Bomb and put a Enfeeble in the CWDt setup. That should give you a bit more survivability and at moment that is more important than damage.

At the league start it is normal to feel weaker because you gear and level is shit :)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 6, 2018, 12:46:28 AM
PHEW. After league launch, I played about 10 hours of this char without Oni, just daggers, while leveling with a friend. After that day, I farmed Onis using two scions. The first scion to get an Oni did so at level 6 after 3 real time hours of switching back and forth between the two. The character only had around half that on itself.

Apparently, that's super lucky this league.

After switching to Oni on the main character, oh MY! was it a much better experience.

Just now the second scion finally got her Oni for my weapon swap, at level 7, after just over 3 hours of actual character play time, which I did when not busy or just watching videos here and there.
Hi Bash,

Would you suggest I switch to molten strikes then? I've been using blade flurry... which is the mechanic I meant that I don't really like.

What is the reason you use it? Was it just so your build stood out with comparible max DPS as there are significant downsides to using it in terms of mobility than MS. Are there any pros versus molten strike?

Also, what was your reason for going iron reflex route? If there is purpose, then I can stick with it.

One thing i've noticed is that on the Molten strike tree, you didn't put points into fencing - is that so you could spec into the fourth gem node?

Last edited by Nevzat on Mar 6, 2018, 6:16:58 AM
Any good tip on how to get around the base stats issue (at least before being able to get the carnage heart)?
Str and Int keeps holding me back from leveling my support gems.
"
Zeelian wrote:
Any good tip on how to get around the base stats issue (at least before being able to get the carnage heart)?
Str and Int keeps holding me back from leveling my support gems.

i had this issue too until i picked up a carnage heart... it was super cheap picked up one for 7 Choas last night...

i think thats the best route to take tbh
Might wanna change suggested level skillpoints, still the old tree.
"
warcry16 wrote:
Might wanna change suggested level skillpoints, still the old tree.

I was about to attempt this build until I noticed that myself.
"
Nevzat wrote:
Hi Bash,

Would you suggest I switch to molten strikes then? I've been using blade flurry... which is the mechanic I meant that I don't really like.

What is the reason you use it? Was it just so your build stood out with comparible max DPS as there are significant downsides to using it in terms of mobility than MS. Are there any pros versus molten strike?

Also, what was your reason for going iron reflex route? If there is purpose, then I can stick with it.

One thing i've noticed is that on the Molten strike tree, you didn't put points into fencing - is that so you could spec into the fourth gem node?

Hi Nev, yeah sure switch to ms if you like it more. I kinda like it also more... last league I just did not want to make two build with molten strike in row so I decided tonuse BF. Both skills are very good for this build.

I chose Iron Reflexes to avoid oneshots which works really well with a high life pool and leech. You should just try it out and chose the version (IR or Acrobatics) which suits your playstyle more. The build should be more a guideline which should be adapted to your needs ;)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hi Bash,

Question - while with full gear and skills, I do not see a way to proc Her Embrace - is this intended?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info