[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Full area crit sword memeing for fun awhile leveling up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-dYgbCN42k&feature=youtu.be
"
Dhula wrote:
I have problem with convesion so i dont know what stats should i take on jewels, accesory

It is an interesting concept, but my initial issue is the conversion rates. You have 2 swords to give you 50% chaos conversion. So you are doing 1/2 physical and 1/2 chaos. Any physical modifiers would get the benefits, but any chaos damage or Despair will only see half effectiveness. Switching to Lightbane would give you 80% conversion, but still not quite enough chaos modifiers to be worth switching. Like you have a chaos damage modifier on jewel, but is seeing like 55-60% effectiveness over just a melee or physical damage modifer without Lightbane. Chaos damage modifiers is also going to be more expensive this league with a lot of people running ED and Scourge, but that is different story.

If it works for you, then that is all that matters.

In terms of upgrades:
Faster attacks with Leap Slam.
Daresso's over Carnage. Movement speed, more resists, more range, and more damage. Loses the block and physical leech, but worth it imo.
Belt upgrade: Either same base or Styigan with % damage craft, chaos damage from Delve fossil. Or one of Elder mods like melee damage during flask effect with other stats similar.
Once you upgrade to Daresso, you can look into a Shaped ring with more damage and life.
No movement speed on boots. 30-35% movement speed will feel a bit faster. If you're still lacking on resists, look into better resist gloves.
If you need help with bosses, a Spell totem + Wither and some other stuff could add more chaos damage.
Personally, I'm not a fan of Kiara's because it is too short and I don't want to flask spam every 2-3 seconds. We have stun and bleed immunity while leeching, and you have freeze/chill on movement speed. So getting a Silver flask with Curse immunity would get you the same effect but longer duration.

I'm not at home to use PoB, but seems lacking on crit chance/multiplier. And most crit builds usually use Diamond flask for lucky crits.

Passives:
I would move the 7 points between Constitution wheel and Born to Fight to the 4-points connecting from the bottom and 3-points to spend elsewhere. 3-point jewel is not worth it there and you get a bit more HP that way.
Rogue STR passive near Brute Solution. Move Brute Solution elsewhere if you need more INT.
Get the 5% HP below Constitution and you can take back 10 dex near VP.
Either now or later you can trade the 1 point for dex above Thick Skin to the 8% HP coming from below.
Extra point in Honed Edge wheel. Might look into Eagle Eye wheel if you need more accuracy. But dual swords + Impact + all those accuracy passives should be plenty.
Look into Tempered Flesh over the jewel near Barbarism for 70% crit multi.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jun 20, 2019, 10:28:03 PM
"
Dhula wrote:
Thank you for the great build, rly easy start league. BUT... rly squishy :).
So... iv made "something" not sure what it is :) But would be great if i can get any advice on this build.

Cyclon chaos convertion. Using dual swords, 40% block chance, fortify is allways on and such stuf.
The dps is much lower of course.. but the tankines is here. Just swiched, so my gems are bad, gear is also not the best.
But im cleaning t13+ maps pretty easy, bosses dont give much trouble too. And im only with 5 link. On 6 link i can put Conc or Withering touch, and this gona destroy bosses without hurting to much radius or anything else.

Emm, so yeah, would love for any advice on the tree or gear.

https://pastebin.com/3cMZsZ8g ---- this is what i got now on me. But im gona change soon.

https://pastebin.com/Hems3zZP ---- and this is the "potencial" build, and of course without best items in slot.

I have problem with convesion so i dont know what stats should i take on jewels, accesory

I don't know if a Slayer start would be the best for a chaos focused build. A lot of the chaos boosting passives are on the top right of the tree. Also occultist has a lot of chaos boosting ascendancy options. Going witch, with a massive energy shield an doing big chaos + poison stacking damage would be ineteresting.

The conversion is rough because there are only so many things that give physical to chaos conversion and besides 10% conversion in the Pathfinder ascendancy there is ZERO conversion on the passive tree. None of them are great options unfortunately.

There are also zero support gems that convert to chaos. Which also makes converted chaos rough unless you use something like Scourge Arrow or Toxic rain which have built in chaos conversion.
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 20, 2019, 9:54:22 PM
Forgot all about Rage Support + Berserk for even bigger cyclone area memeing.

https://youtu.be/pvs2822fT-g
Thank you "blackdeath101", im open to all ideas, crit, non crit, what ever it takes :) I was inspired by this build, so some things i dont wana change. Duelist, i like it :) leech is nice. Thats what i like about this part, chaos+leech.. nice :) il take it.
My goal is to make it cheap, but posible to farm low tier maps. So far i farmed even red maps without to much problems, including bosses. Working on the bosses part at the moment, they die to slowly for my taste :)
I want to do maximum chaos damage, around 500k effective dps would be nice with almost top gear. I made this changes yesterday, so.. gona try new stuf from time to time. Like now, insted of accuarecy on my sword, i bouth the one with 15% chance to gein fortify on hit. So basicly fortify perma + open slot to my 6 link.
"
Muirey wrote:
Forgot all about Rage Support + Berserk for even bigger cyclone area memeing.

https://youtu.be/pvs2822fT-g

And I just spent all that time crafting that axe you bastard lol. I look forward to the crit guide version. I'm messing around with another build but I may sell the axe, get a good sword, and change my build to crit after seeing this. I'v always loved that crit ice crunch sound in the game.
"
Constermock wrote:
And I just spent all that time crafting that axe you bastard lol. I look forward to the crit guide version. I'm messing around with another build but I may sell the axe, get a good sword, and change my build to crit after seeing this. I'v always loved that crit ice crunch sound in the game.

Hey nothing wrong with a good ax! Both are fun to play and I'm only using a terminus in the video so it's not even anything that expensive.

I'm not actually running with that much area, just figured it would be hilarious to see how massive it could get if you went ALL IN on range + area. I actually forgot that there was area increases in the Executioner branch so it could have been just a bit bigger than.... my entire screen... X^D

The shatter sounds are very nice and this plays a lot like a flicker strike ranger I made last league or league before. Still the best flicker strike I've ever played.

Flickin_Around is the character an it still deletes maps with not that much investment. Sometimes you get the urge to just hold down a button an watch an entire map just die hahaha.
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 21, 2019, 1:39:45 AM
Been using this build the whole league, GREAT fun now, thanks for the wonderful guide!

Just a question, I have been gearing this character up, and just realized, aren't we way overcapped on cold conversion? Or maybe I just am.

I currently have 25 from Hatred, 37 from Watcher's, 50 from Hrimburn, 20 from Winter's Spirit.

That leaves me at 132 - we don't get anything from overcapping do we?
Finished my 24 challenge goal and just in time for vacation. Ending the league with like 15 exalt worth of stuff, and breezed T16's with under 2 exalt and a Terminus.

"
KasperBN wrote:
Been using this build the whole league, GREAT fun now, thanks for the wonderful guide!

Just a question, I have been gearing this character up, and just realized, aren't we way overcapped on cold conversion? Or maybe I just am.

I currently have 25 from Hatred, 37 from Watcher's, 50 from Hrimburn, 20 from Winter's Spirit.

That leaves me at 132 - we don't get anything from overcapping do we?

Hatred - Added cold, not conversion
Watcher's - End-game, meant to replace Hrimburn
Winter's Spirt - Actually 40% conversion
Hrimburn - Replace with rare gloves with physical damage to cold craft (20-25%).

Your Watcher's + Winter Spirit + craft = 97-102% conversion. For people without Watcher's, it is 90% conversion.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jun 21, 2019, 6:47:44 AM
"
Muirey wrote:
"
Constermock wrote:

Hey nothing wrong with a good ax! Both are fun to play and I'm only using a terminus in the video so it's not even anything that expensive.

I'm not actually running with that much area, just figured it would be hilarious to see how massive it could get if you went ALL IN on range + area. I actually forgot that there was area increases in the Executioner branch so it could have been just a bit bigger than.... my entire screen... X^D

The shatter sounds are very nice and this plays a lot like a flicker strike ranger I made last league or league before. Still the best flicker strike I've ever played.

Flickin_Around is the character an it still deletes maps with not that much investment. Sometimes you get the urge to just hold down a button an watch an entire map just die hahaha.

I actually tried flicker this league but it had too many problems in the beginning and the build I was following from someone else wasn't that great. I used to play it a lot in older leagues. Yeah, I checked your gear and it looks like the only real changes are the terminus, crit rings, few gems, and of course the tree. I may give it a go and sell the axe if I end up liking it more. I'm still using my carcass jack as well so it'd be interesting to see how big the aoe is for me lol. I definitely don't have the extra curse daresso's though. Would you recommend assassin's mark or frostbite since I can't run both?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info